SELECT CONTENT

The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:10 pm

albean99 wrote:Brad seemed all about Bettina. I thought it was her family who ruined it for her.

It doesn't matter to me that Brooks didn't say he loved Des yet especially if he doesn't. I just wish he seemed more into her. I know fans of his say he does but I'm not seeing it yet.

Because I love Des and Brooks both separately and together I really feel like what I am seeing is his nervousness and distrust of the show process and of putting his heart out there this fast and under these weird circumstances. And being asked to think about proposals and marriage when they haven't even started an exclusive relationship. I see genuine, growing and deep feelings for Des but also his surprise that this is happening and trying to to reconcile this being a real relationship in a manufactured fantasy land. I've been waiting years to see someone actually balk at how crazy the show premise is. I think Brooks should be totally applauded. He's falling for the girl but not "falling" for the producers. I love it.

I also get how others can see him as reluctant and maybe not all in with Des. If you're not emptionally invested in them getting together it could look different. I might be just seeing it as I want it to be. Admittedly. Problem is that's how I see Des with the others - not all there because she is all there with Brooks. There's no possible way she moves on from that in one episode.

My hopes are:

1) Brooks her he loves her and wants to be with her, but no proposal, he's not there yet in a real world sense and clearly isn't the type be like "sure I'll propose for tv and then we'll see how this goes". he is not taking this casually.

2) if it's not him (which I honestly can't imagine) Des doesn't choose one of the other guys. Impossible to buy that after they have shown her feelings for Brooks.

Back to top Go down

The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by JBF Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:59 pm

auntie wrote:Ok, I've got a question for JBF or anyone else who is up on this.  And I'll apologize now if it was already covered in earlier pages.  Have we talked about the music that was playing during Brooks' HTD when he is talking with his family?  It's like it follows this contemplative line of questions while he talks with his brothers and sister.  I just found it notable/interesting from a TPTB editing perspective.

Thanks!

I re-watched the footage. The music used in these scenes is quite different than any I had heard before. It might have been used before, but I don't recall when. Later, with his mom, we got more of the standard stock music used during many hometown parental talks.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:02 pm

I felt the music was different as well

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:57 pm

JBF wrote:
auntie wrote:Ok, I've got a question for JBF or anyone else who is up on this.  And I'll apologize now if it was already covered in earlier pages.  Have we talked about the music that was playing during Brooks' HTD when he is talking with his family?  It's like it follows this contemplative line of questions while he talks with his brothers and sister.  I just found it notable/interesting from a TPTB editing perspective.

Thanks!

I re-watched the footage. The music used in these scenes is quite different than any I had heard before. It might have been used before, but I don't recall when. Later, with his mom, we got more of the standard stock music used during many hometown parental talks.

Thanks! Yes, I definitely placed it as new/different as well. Actually, I quite liked it. I thought it was very interesting how it plays while they cut through different scenes- as if they are weaving through it. Like we were supposed to be feeling contemplation while getting none of the answers.

CH wrote in his blog this week that things happened/were set in motion during the HTDs that we (the viewers) don't yet realize will come to pass later (well, I'm paraphrasing). This might be a byproduct of our over-active speculation imaginations right now, but I immediately put these two things together in my head.

I will be on the lookout- er, listen- for that music again though. I would be curious to know if we have a new edit riff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:14 pm

auntie wrote:
JBF wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks!  Yes, I definitely placed it as new/different as well.  Actually, I quite liked it.  I thought it was very interesting how it plays while they cut through different scenes- as if they are weaving through it.  Like we were supposed to be feeling contemplation while getting none of the answers.

CH wrote in his blog this week that things happened/were set in motion during the HTDs that we (the viewers) don't yet realize will come to pass later (well, I'm paraphrasing).  This might be a byproduct of our over-active speculation imaginations right now, but I immediately put these two things together in my head.

I will be on the lookout- er, listen- for that music again though.  I would be curious to know if we have a new edit riff.

The bolded is exactly what I thought. It was very effective at this I thought - linking several different conversations together that all showed real thinking and questioning going on as is all were trying to assess if this could really be a successful real world relationship. I really liked it.

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:11 pm

The time alloted to each HTD was as follows:

Chris - 15.01 min
Zak - 14.39 min
Brooks - 13.18 min
Drew - 12.69 min + the post preview game...

Interesting... that the show focuses more on the F4 and F3 than the F2... are the editors hiding something?
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:06 pm

SueSt wrote:The time alloted to each HTD was as follows:

Chris - 15.01 min
Zak - 14.39 min
Brooks - 13.18 min

Interesting... that the show focuses more on the F4 and F3 than the F2... are the editors hiding something?
Sue, isn't Drew's time 13.09 + ....?
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:13 pm

2observe wrote:
SueSt wrote:The time alloted to each HTD was as follows:

Chris - 15.01 min
Zak - 14.39 min
Brooks - 13.18 min

Sue, isn't Drew's time 13.09 + ....?

I counted from MsEttenna1's video and it comes to 12.69.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:15 pm

The Bad Boys Tell Nothing Show: Editing Odds & Ends

Orange and green bad boys at that. They have such awful lighting on these shows. Zak was one of the good ones, so he looked sunburn golden instead.

No Brian. No surprise. There is always one who doesn’t attend because Mike Fleiss probably has additional “goods” on him, prompting him to decline. This gives Des and her fellow catty ex Bachelorettes all a chance to chew him out. Ali particularly enjoyed her self.

As for the rest of the drama: We never get the TRUE back story. The guys attending are all following the script as to what to fuss about on screen.

At the very start, Zak gets Harrison’s line of “most memorable men of the season”. No question which one HE wants for the next lead. I noticed that the party houses Harrison and Hartsock crashed had a larger percentage of guys attending for a change. Sean’s audience was probably 95% female. No doubt the viewing audience will be back to that level when/if equally shirtless Zak is the lead.

Not to be outdone, Juan got more screen time today than most of the season. I guess they need a “man in waiting” in case Zak and the final three are unavailable. Zak even promoted him for his daddy skills as the others, Dan in particular, attack Ben for his. (Yeah… Dan, where were you on the main show?) Juan also got a hot seat sit-down and a video montage, complete with “windows” showing sobbing female audience members watching (?!). There were even fans sporting “I heart Juan Pablo” T-shirts. Hmmmm… looks like Zak has competition.

No point getting into Ben sitting in the hot seat. Nothing discussed (apart from Dan meeting his ex in Las Vegas) that we haven’t heard before.

With the guys (before Des arrived to wage battle), the drama of James seemed pumped up to be more than it is. Oh there’s a backstory that is NOT being told here. He definitely has an agenda against Drew and Kasey… and he and Mickey sure had an opinion about Brooks being their “opposite type” (whatever that is). Bro-buddy Mike wasn’t happy hearing their snide comments.

By the way, James looked red on screen. Bad lighting. Very bad. I think they use different kinds over each guy.

Hey! My man Jonathan got Clorox’s Most Bleachable Moment.

Re-watching Des’ scenes in Zak’s loooooong montage, I forgot how often she wore black and white jail stripes on her dates with him. Sometimes she looked like a honey bee. His sit-down with Harrison was otherwise basic Sean Lowe 2.0. Harrison’s “I see the emotion in your eyes watching that night” (i.e. of your exit). Keep up the promotion, Guy Smiley! (All joking aside, I will be happy with either Zak or Juan as long as they keep me awake all season.)

Without further delay, Desirrrray! Gee. Harrison is a poet and doesn’t know it.

Des vs. James… oh yeah! Great battle. May need to rewatch that one a couple times.

Zak made Des cry with his guitar playing. Yup. Once again, Juan Pablo will have to wait next season out.

Bryden in his all white shirt just got peekaboo face shot service like Zack K. On the other hand, he got more extensive blooper footage than anybody else. Not that it was all the high comedy that Harrison was promoting each and every commercial break.

Promos for next week…

Umm… No comment.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by pander3575 Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:31 pm

I'm not sure if this is where to write this but the music that was used on Chris and Des helicopter ride is the same music used in Ali and Roberto, Ashley and JP, Emily and Jef and Sean and Cat. All the F1's FD dates. Do you think they changed it up this year?
pander3575
pander3575

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:13 pm

http://tvgrapevine.com/index.php/the-bachelorette/2113-the-bachelorette-season-finale-part-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=acAoVeV0xTk&t=94
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cH1fEhK9wuU&t=122

The music of Ali/Roberto doesn't match exactly, but Ash/JP does.

Jef and Emily didn't fly.

What tickles me the most are the recycled lines:

Chris and Robbbberto comment on the "teal" waters, while Ashley sees them "turquoise". Hurry! Rush to your travel agent!

Two guys are on a "high": Chris says "Des and I are literally on top of the world". (Then again, Brooks might have been in Madeira too... I would have to check.) JP says this is probably the "high point of every date we've been on". All three are "sharing" this with their gal. Ugh... lots of "amazing".
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:27 pm

JBF, what do you think of my crazy theory as to why brooks leaves? according to the epi description brooks is ready to fall in love and propose so i just am not buying that is why he leaves. i do think someone is at that door where he has bedhead and it ain't CH bringing him coffee or des. here is in condensed form what i posted on the epi thread:

i put this theory out there the other day. the crazy bitter ex that RS blogged about shows up at brooks' door with accusations he cheated on her with the cougar lady when they were still together and tries to sabotage his relationship with des. i wouldn't put it past tptb. they love this kind of stuff and springing it on the contestants at just the right time for maximum drama. we see in a preview CH ask "are you telling me you dont love this girl?" he's not talking about des. CH doesn't refer to des as "this girl". CH tells brooks he has to go talk to des immediately and tell her all this. youknowwhat hits the fan and brooks leaves...only to return in a few days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

+28
richmondrose
Kashathediva
timfan
Tiggerlgh
pander3575