SELECT CONTENT

The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by nd4reality Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:06 pm

Ariela wrote:I'm thinking Des will pick Brooks or nobody.

I would go for nobody, if I were her. If he doesn't want to commit yet, he won't REALLY be ready in 1-2weeks. It just doesn't happen overnight. Being ready to commit is ONE aspect of choosing a partner. The other is that it has to be the ONE, not just someone who you think has all the qualities and you love spending time with them. THAT special something on the "inside" has to occur. The chosen person has to have that "IT" for you.
I'm not feeling IT here, and you should not beat the love or commitment out of someone.

TA

ETA : Actually I remember one F3 contestant (possibly Susan from Travis storks season) during the MTA with tears in her eyes that she "fell in love all by herself". You can't fall in love by yourself. You crush all by yourself. Love is a 2 way street. I don't see Brooks as even crushing on her he is just going through the process.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Nativenewyorker Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:06 pm

I would go for nobody, if I were her. If he doesn't want to commit yet, he won't REALLY be ready in 1-2weeks. It just doesn't happen overnight. Being ready to commit is ONE aspect of choosing a partner. The other is that it has to be the ONE, not just someone who you think has all the qualities and you love spending time with them. THAT special something on the "inside" has to occur. The chosen person has to have that "IT" for you.
I'm not feeling IT here, and you should not beat the love or commitment out of someone.

I just have to say that I love your comment! I agree with you all the way. My feeling is that you know when you know. It's not an intellectual process. It's just this intense feeling that engulfs you. Anyone who has ever been madly in love knows what that feeling is like. You don't sit there and analyze and dissect and equivocate. That's why I don't think it's real for Brooks. I don't see that special something between Brooks and Des. I don't feel the heat between them.

It should not be difficult or forced! That is one huge red flag. I have learned that lesson the hard way. If you have to work at it that hard, then it's just not there.
Nativenewyorker
Nativenewyorker

Female Posts : 1819

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:43 pm

hissyfit  Past F1s, that lasted (Catherine, JP) have only said ILU during the evening of LCD. Why of why is Brooks not saying it at HTD being too slow? It is not his fault, nor hers, if the other guys are saying it (too) early!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:44 pm

sophienette wrote:

hissyfit  Past F1s, that lasted (Catherine, JP) have only said ILU during the evening of LCD. Why of why is Brooks not saying it at HTD being too slow? It is not his fault, nor hers, if the other guys are saying it (too) early!

I agree with you. I just hope he doesn't say it too soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:52 pm

3 of the F4 seemed to be running a race to tell her ILU .. Wayyyyyyy too early and over confident....... Brooks is actually right on tract..

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:54 pm

Jeepers wrote:3 of the F4 seemed to be running a race to tell her ILU .. Wayyyyyyy too early and over confident.......  Brooks is actually right on tract..

Totally over confident, which is usually not a good sign.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:31 pm

sophienette wrote:

Thanks for saying that Sophie! I feel like no one was questioning Cat's or JP's feelings. You could see it in the looks, body language and natural chemistry and demeanor between them Sean/Ash just like with Brooks and Des IMO. They didn't have to throw themselves at the lead with their words when the interactions between them already said so much.

I have to wonder if all 3 guys using ILY so much come from behind the scenes. EG they know Des' feelings for Brooks so tried to ramp up the other guys relationships by encouraging them to say that to Des. It seems to me in the past, usually expressing their love for the lead was encouraged and mostly seemed to happen on the FD's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:49 pm

sophienette wrote:

Good point. Although I don't recall as much doubt with either Catherine or JP, at least that we saw/heard.
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:52 pm

relaxing wrote:
sophienette wrote:

Thanks for saying that Sophie!  I feel like no one was questioning Cat's or JP's feelings.  You could see it in the looks, body language and natural chemistry and demeanor between them Sean/Ash just like with Brooks and Des IMO.  They didn't have to throw themselves at the lead with their words when the interactions between them already said so much.  

I have to wonder if all 3 guys using ILY so much come from behind the scenes.  EG they know Des' feelings for Brooks so tried to ramp up the other guys relationships by encouraging them to say that to Des.  It seems to me in the past, usually expressing their love for the lead was encouraged and mostly seemed to happen on the FD's.
i think most of it is producer manipulation because des fell early and hard, so they had to come up with something to still have a good storyline.

realizing how much is manipulation on this show is really a turn off. hopefully, i can kick my bach addiction when this season ends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariela Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:23 pm

sophienette wrote:

LOL. It's too slow for Des. She's an Aries (April 8). I think Brooks is Cancer (July 11) or a Libra (Oct 7). Whichever, he's too slow for a Fire Sign.
Drew-Aries(April 9)...way too fast.
Chris-Sagittarius (Dec 12)

Fires Signs fall fast and drop you fast.

Ariela

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:56 pm

gabriele wrote:
relaxing wrote:
sophienette wrote:

Thanks for saying that Sophie!  I feel like no one was questioning Cat's or JP's feelings.  You could see it in the looks, body language and natural chemistry and demeanor between them Sean/Ash just like with Brooks and Des IMO.  They didn't have to throw themselves at the lead with their words when the interactions between them already said so much.  

I have to wonder if all 3 guys using ILY so much come from behind the scenes.  EG they know Des' feelings for Brooks so tried to ramp up the other guys relationships by encouraging them to say that to Des.  It seems to me in the past, usually expressing their love for the lead was encouraged and mostly seemed to happen on the FD's.
i think most of it is producer manipulation because des fell early and hard, so they had to come up with something to still have a good storyline.

realizing how much is manipulation on this show is really a turn off. hopefully, i can kick my bach addiction when this season ends.

I am really only obsessed with the bachelorette. But pretty much every season, I start out not interested and then BAM right before hometowns I become obsessed. It doesn't make any sense to me.
Like how am I obsessed with Brooks all of a sudden. Half of it was that crazy promo a few weeks ago.:shocked!: 
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by Muslady Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:39 pm

nd4reality wrote:

TA

ETA : Actually I remember one F3 contestant (possibly Susan from Travis storks season) during the MTA  with tears in her eyes that she "fell in love all by herself". You can't fall in love by yourself. You crush all by yourself. Love is a 2 way street. I don't see Brooks as even crushing on her he is just going through the process.

That was Bettina on Brad 1. I loved her!
Muslady
Muslady

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

+28
richmondrose
Kashathediva
timfan
Tiggerlgh
pander3575