View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Discussion Group - Page 20 Empty Re: Brooks Discussion Group

Post by mercieme Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:44 pm

sfrank wrote:
alwaystulips wrote:
sfrank wrote:
bleuberry wrote:
tigertiz wrote:
Seems to me if Brooks was such an opportunist he would have taken The Bachelor gig as soon as it was offered.
I dont , for a minute, think they were serious in offering him the lead. They surely dangled it as a carrot for manipulation purposes. They always do that. But he's just not Bachelor lead material at all.  
I agree. I don't think it was offered to him or Drew.
Brooks said it was offered and he turned it down. And they came back to him several times. Drew said it was never discussed at all.
Brooks can say that until the cows come home.  It doesn't mean it's true.
A reporter asked the question during his press conference and he answered it. I don't see the point of lying but believe what you want...
Actually what Brooks said in his presser what that "they discussed it", he did not say it was "offered to him", might be semantics but big difference between having discussions and the role being offered to him which I think is what folks are reacting to.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:45 pm

pavalygurl wrote:
sfrank wrote:
beader wrote:Couldn't Brooks make his presentations, for which I assume he is getting paid directly or indirectly, without using pictures of Des?  To use pictures of a lady you are breaking up with to further your own career is just not cool.  
Des was The Bachelorette...the presentation was called "Inbound Lessons from The Bachelorette" so ummm why? Brooks also showed pictures of himself in angst over the break-up. And why do people think, the break-up "belongs" exclusively to Des?  He was just as much a part of it as she was.  

Des and Chris using their time on the show to further theirs, so what is the difference? Its about your experience during the journey. Chris' journey was filled with poetry and a consolation engagement. Brooks' had this emotional break-up. They are sharing their journeys. So because Brooks' story included a break-up with Des its not cool for him to talk about? But Chris and Des can make money off of their "love story" and its ok?
The break up doesn't belong to Brooks either.  IMO, his action by using this albeit televised moment for his own purposes lacks class.  I don't know either whether he let Des or TPTB know he was using this clip for his marketing presentation.  It's not how I do business and I think at best it's insensitive.
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion...I disagree. The breakup is theirs. Its public, it happened on national TV. It was covered to death in promos, daytime TV, nighttime TV, on radio, magazines, newspapers, and online - it was trending on twitter. Its not like it was a private thing that he unveiled to the world. The guy was talking about the show and the journey and what he learned. For all we know he talked about how great it was that Des and Chris are together. Obviously no one here saw it so...I don't get how anyone is up in arms over something they didn't see. I guess that the norm these days.

Last edited by sfrank on Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:47 pm

mercieme wrote:
sfrank wrote:
alwaystulips wrote:
sfrank wrote:
bleuberry wrote:
tigertiz wrote:
Seems to me if Brooks was such an opportunist he would have taken The Bachelor gig as soon as it was offered.
I dont , for a minute, think they were serious in offering him the lead. They surely dangled it as a carrot for manipulation purposes. They always do that. But he's just not Bachelor lead material at all.  
Brooks said it was offered and he turned it down. And they came back to him several times. Drew said it was never discussed at all.
A reporter asked the question during his press conference and he answered it. I don't see the point of lying but believe what you want...
Actually what Brooks said in his presser what that "they discussed it", he did not say it was "offered to him", might be semantics but big difference between having discussions and the role being offered to him which I think is what folks are reacting to.
Let's put a bow on this...here is what he said:

You know, after watching Desiree firsthand and the process that she went through, emotionally taxing, there was some discussion early on and when they had asked me initially my response was no. We had multiple conversations about it and they said, "We think we're going in a different direction anyway," so that there wasn't much to consider for me in that arena so that decision was pretty easy.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by brittany44000 Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:51 pm

sfrank wrote:
mercieme wrote:
sfrank wrote:
alwaystulips wrote:
sfrank wrote:
bleuberry wrote:
tigertiz wrote:
Let's put a bow on this...here is what he said:

You know, after watching Desiree firsthand and the process that she went through, emotionally taxing, there was some discussion early on and when they had asked me initially my response was no. We had multiple conversations about it and they said, "We think we're going in a different direction anyway," so that there wasn't much to consider for me in that arena so that decision was pretty easy.
This still doesn't tell me that if he had been asked to sign on the dot he would have said no! The line " they were gonna go in a different direction and left nothing for me to consider" confirms that to me!
brittany44000
brittany44000

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:53 pm

sfrank wrote:
ironcat wrote:I agree that there was no way the producers would have offered Brooks the lead, but I suspect it was more because of the outcome and his rejection of Des.  I'm sure they figured that their romance hungry viewers' initial reaction to him would be to villainize him/label him a committmentphobe, and wouldn't be sympathetic to watching him "search for love", particularly just a few months later.  

It took 3 years of softening for them to give the "hated" Brad another shot, however, so if the show lasts that long, there's an outside chance that they might consider Brooks in the future if they get desperate enough.
But was Brooks really the villain? I don't think he was portrayed that way at all. He told the truth and the general consensus was that it was hard to see Des go through it but it was a good thing.

Given the minimal screen time Juan got all season I highly doubt he was their "choice" all along or he would have been show more and certainly the single dad angle played up more. They would have certainly secured a 1on1 date for him while they were filming too if that crossed their minds as well.

I think they asked Brooks and looked at few others including Zak and then realized Juan was very popular. They could play up the fact that he was spanish to end no diversity complaints.
I think overall Brooks has been far less villainized than Brad was, which I attribute partly to viewers becoming a little more savvy in the 3 years since Brad I aired. But I strongly suspect that IF Brooks had been announced as the next Bachelor, there would be a lot of comments from fans about how ridiculous it is to put a commitmentphobe in the lead role. I just doubt the producers thought it would be wise to "go there", especially considering they had other decent candidates to choose from this season (JP, Zach, Drew) as well as possibly Arie or Jef from last season. Not saying that Brooks wasn't approached just as the others may have been, but I highly doubt it was his for the taking had he wanted it.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:21 pm

I think we got away from my initial point which was not to debate whether he would have made a good one because he dumped Des. Coincidentally, I think just because you aren't ready to declare a woman "the love of your life" having spent a cumulative 12 to 14 hrs together doesnt make him a commitment phobe but I digress.

But get back to my point, it was that since a few have labelled him an opportunist profiting off the show (which apparently is now unheard of)why say "no" at all? Better yet, he could have never left, proposed to Des, and reaped all the benefits of being F1.

Last edited by sfrank on Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:34 pm

Can one of you tell me when Brooks broke up with Des? I think I recall that there was a pic of him in an airport on 4/27? Was the break-up that day? TIA

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:39 pm

grace8136 wrote:Can one of you tell me when Brooks broke up with Des? I think I recall that there was a pic of him in an airport on 4/27? Was the break-up that day? TIA
Brooks was in ID on 4/27 with his mom and sister. He said he was flying the next night which would have been 4/28. I doubt he would have had a date on 4/29 so the breakup was likely 4/30. The FRC was 5/6.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:41 pm

sfrank wrote:
grace8136 wrote:Can one of you tell me when Brooks broke up with Des? I think I recall that there was a pic of him in an airport on 4/27? Was the break-up that day? TIA
Brooks was in ID on 4/27 with his mom and sister.  He said he was flying the next night which would have been 4/28. I doubt he would have had a date on 4/29 so the breakup was likely 4/30. The FRC was 5/6.
According to Chris's poetic memoir, MTP was on 4/29 so something is not adding up. Break up cannot be after MTP.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:47 pm

mercieme wrote:
sfrank wrote:
Brooks was in ID on 4/27 with his mom and sister.  He said he was flying the next night which would have been 4/28. I doubt he would have had a date on 4/29 so the breakup was likely 4/30. The FRC was 5/6.
According to Chris's poetic memoir, MTP was on 4/29 so something is not adding up. Break up cannot be after MTP.
Not possible...MTP was likely 5/2 or 5/3.

According to our board timeline that we did all season CH was spotted at LAX on 4/28 going to Antigua. Obviously that would be for Brooks/the F3 RC which would have taken place before MTP. We also have CH's return from Antigua on 5/7.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:08 am

sfrank wrote:
mercieme wrote:
sfrank wrote:
Not possible...MTP was likely 5/2 or 5/3.

According to our board timeline that we did all season CH was spotted at LAX on 4/28 going to Antigua. Obviously that would be for Brooks/the F3 RC which would have taken place before MTP.  We also have CH's return from Antigua on 5/7.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Regarding the bolded, did anyone confirm the Chris H. LAX sighting???
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:37 am

Since many of you were all up in arm over Brooks "using" Des in his presentation...I thought you'd actually like to SEE what you've been so mad about.

Its a slideshow. Brooks showed the breakup and their mutual angst and then celebrated Des and Chris as I suspected. You can all go back to hating now...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[/quote]
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Discussion Group

+48