SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Discussion Group

Page 4 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Discussion Group - Page 4 Empty Re: Brooks Discussion Group

Post by LoveDovez Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Aunties_Love, I don't read everyday and don't post a lot anymore, but I just wanted to let you know that I love you and I enjoy your post so much. I remember I couldn't wait to read your posts about the Canada Bach, so don't let a few off the wall comments bother you because I have a feeling there's more here that love you than there are that feel the opposite.

So chin up, dear friend. Let it slide off your back and report those that are breaking the rules to the mods and let them take care of it.. ; )
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandy61 Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:28 pm

scarre_me wrote:
Sprite wrote:RIP Gia. It is always a tragedy when someone takes their life because they think things can't get better. She always seemed like a very sweet person and it is so sad that she seems to have felt she wasn't loved. I appreciate many of the kind thoughts expressed by those who knew her in the Bachelor family and those on this board.

As for this topic:

I didn't particularly care for this season. I watched out of habit rather than because I was enjoying it. I didn't really dislike anyone, but, I didn't really like anyone either. I knew about the spoilers, but, didn't really care. This season more than any other I was able to watch objectively. The edit was a mess. They practically beat us (the viewing audience...specially those who just watch the show and don't follow spoilers), over the head with the themes they were going  with....guy with girlfriend, guy who doesn't get along with other guys, guy who leaves, guy with ulterior motives, guy who is torn and confused and loyal guy.

What sticks out for me from this whole mess is just what a mess Des was. I understand how this show works. I know she was tired, manipulated by producers, etc. I get all that. What bothers me is the 180 she did within a matter or days. I have seen people on here making all kinds of excuses and justifications as to why it happened. I'm sorry but I just don't buy it and her post show interview where she admitted she still doesn't know what would have happened if Brooks had stayed only confirmed my thoughts. It has now been several months since the show. She has been getting to know Chris during that time. The fact that she still can't say with any certainty that she would have picked him, makes me feel really bad for the man. I know some will still say ... Oh, she's just being honest. To me there is honest, and then there is just being needlessly honest. Supposedly by now, she KNOWS she loves him (personally don't believe that, I think she is trying to talk herself into it because he is such a nice man and stood by her through this whole mess), and yet she can't throw him a bone by softening things up and saying I hope/think I would have eventually come to the same conclusion.

I like Chris. I like Des. I hope she figures herself out and is capable of truly falling for a nice man. If she doesn't, I hope she doesn't prolong this and hurt him too badly and he moves on. I wish Brooks every happiness as well. I don't have a problem with anything he did and I personally don't think he came out of this looking bad. What I don't get are those people...in both camps...who INSIST that if Brooks had stayed they know how things would have turned out...naturally in their favourites favour, when Des herself has clearly stated that she doesn't know...and yet, we, who don't know any of these people and were not there...clearly do! :headbanging

End of rant an off to more important things like telling people in my life how much I care about them!
Sprite I completely agree with your observation and opinion.  Des is a complete mess.  I found her completely fake.  Honestly I felt bad for Chris but wait I guess they deserve each other.  Chris didn't even bother to question why they are not watching the 'break up episode with Brooks". He is also in denial.  He thinks because they have chemistry, it is also translate to love? Wrong.  Des insist she is in love with Chris? Big BULL! Though I'm not a fan of Des but I would have respected her if she did not accept Chris proposal and would rather date him after the show or she could have left without choosing anyone.  Sean on on his season said outright that he will pack his bag if Cath did the Brook thing.  On Emily season...Sean said on one of the interviews that if Emily have picked her at the end and he saw the seasons episodes unfold, he would still question Emily about her actions with Jef and Arie.  Well....what do you expect about the wishy washy Des and overly boring poems of Chris?
Scarre_me: do you know all of these people in real life?  You make it sound like in your post that you know these things to be fact.

Mandy61

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:38 pm

IrishGal wrote:bestbud! At least here we can have civil discussion and all viewpoints are considered.  I hope.
Thanks Irish Gal!!

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:40 pm

LoveDovez wrote:Aunties_Love, I don't read everyday and don't post a lot anymore, but I just wanted to let you know that I love you and I enjoy your post so much. I remember I couldn't wait to read your posts about the Canada Bach, so don't let a few off the wall comments bother you because I have a feeling there's more here that love you than there are that feel the opposite.

So chin up, dear friend. Let it slide off your back and report those that are breaking the rules to the mods and let them take care of it.. ; )
Aww thanks LoveDovez. Yea I had fun in Bach Canada. Looking forward to the new season starting soon. They will begin doing their interviews, etc this fall sometime with the filming in the spring from what I was told. Guess we'll see.

Thanks again for the love!! bestbud! 

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:53 am

nannymargie wrote:Today at 7:03 pm
I bet if Des saw some of these new pictures that have been posted she would wonder why she didn't try harder to keep him. She sure could have been giving him better signs that he was the one.

IMO, this is the kind of thing that is posted in the Brooks thread that does seem extremely weird to me.  Why in the world would it matter to the Brooks fans what Des does.  This is almost at the disrespect level that I was talking about.  Why would/should she give signs to Brooks that he's the one if he just WASN'T the one.  

Adele1117 wrote:Adele1117Today at 7:38 pm

nannymargie wrote:I bet if Des saw some of these new pictures that have been posted she would wonder why she didn't try harder to keep him.  She sure could have been giving him better signs that he was the one.

It's funny you should say that because I was just thinking tonight that I wonder if, when Chris isn't around, Des gets on her laptop and checks out Brooks' Twitter site and looks at all his Instagram pictures. giggling  I can't imagine that she's not curious and hasn't done it.
Why say things like that.  Why would it matter to Chris or Des what Brooks has done or how he looks in pics?  I seriously doubt that Des is doing Brooks fangirling considering she's found the one that she truely loves.

It has been said that she just settled for Chris, but from what I have seen/heard, he was likely going to be her F1 anyways. I am really glad that she's happy!

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:50 am

I have brought this all over from the Chris Fan Thread so I can respond to Adele1117

brittany44000 wrote:I can't help but think that even if brooks stayed( I realize I'm in the minority even among some chris fans) she still would be with chris! Those last days were crucial in determining ok who can I see a future with? Father of my children? Who is in love with me and will adore me forever? Who can this actually work with in the real world? I would like to think the answer to all of those would have Been chris chris chris chris and chris and she still would have gave him the speech about be blinded for a while but then realizing he was what she needed! I could be soooo wrong and we will never find out!!! Regardless I support chres and im glad they are happy and in love now!
grace8136 wrote:  Oh how I wish it would have played out this way for Chris's sake.
Adele1117 wrote: Not I ... for Brooks' sake. It played out best for Brooks. Smiley
grace8136 wrote:Adele.. have you noticed that if a Chris fan post on the Brooks thread it is totally ignored even if it's about Brooks or in a positive light for Brooks? You guys barely paused for Gia today. Brooks, Des and Chris all got thrown under the bus by TPTB.
Aunties_Love wrote: Very true.  OR heaven forbid post anything that may remotely be against Brooks in any way.  It is true, such a tragic thing with Gia today and not much attention there about it.
Adele1117 wrote:Today at 4:47 am

You do realize it's Brooks' fans' thread. People don't come over here and say negative things about Chris. Why aren't Brooks' fans afforded the same luxury? What are you saying about Brooks' fans? That they're horrible people are something? Right along with Brooks, I guess. As I said, I did plenty of reading and discussing of Gia on Twitter and in real life. And I was the one that mentioned anything on here about her. Don't judge.

I was wanting to respond to Adele1117 who was responding to the quotes above.

1) You do realize that it was in the Chris Fan Thread that you were responding, don't you?

2) I am going to correct you, yes there have been some that have come over to the Chris Fan Thread and said some very negative stuff. Not only that, but I do remember asking before the finale if there would be any bitter feelings or people treating Des or Chris negatively. Most Brooks fans said absolutely not. Yet any time I went into the Brooks thread, all there was was negativity, jealousy, and hard feelings spoken towards Des and Chris. They treated Des like she's totally lost it by choosing to take Chris when she should of gone back to get Brooks. For some reason, the fact that Brooks has made it plain and clear that he didn't want Des as he's the one that said he's not in love.

3) you said that I shouldn't judge. Didn't you just judge me?

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:35 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
I bet if Des saw some of these new pictures that have been posted she would wonder why she didn't try harder to keep him. She sure could have been giving him better signs that he was the one.
IMO, this is the kind of thing that is posted in the Brooks thread that does seem extremely weird to me.  Why in the world would it matter to the Brooks fans what Des does.  This is almost at the disrespect level that I was talking about.  Why would/should she give signs to Brooks that he's the one if he just WASN'T the one.  

nannymargie wrote:I bet if Des saw some of these new pictures that have been posted she would wonder why she didn't try harder to keep him.  She sure could have been giving him better signs that he was the one.

It's funny you should say that because I was just thinking tonight that I wonder if, when Chris isn't around, Des gets on her laptop and checks out Brooks' Twitter site and looks at all his Instagram pictures. giggling  I can't imagine that she's not curious and hasn't done it
Why say things like that.  Why would it matter to Chris or Des what Brooks has done or how he looks in pics?  I seriously doubt that Des is doing Brooks fangirling considering she's found the one that she truely loves.

It has been said that she just settled for Chris, but from what I have seen/heard, he was likely going to be her F1 anyways.  I am really glad that she's happy!
To the bolded, may i just pop up and give this emoticon? speechless  speechless  speechless 
Now i can recall correctly the reasons why i just lurked into Brooks thread no more than 3 times (pre, during,and post-show) for the entire season!..NO kidding.no no 
Just wanna let you know Aunties..that we, the Chrisvillers, do enjoy your posts, even during the time when you were saying no Chris as the F1 for you..giggling  bestbud!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:58 pm

murasaki1393 wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:

It's funny you should say that because I was just thinking tonight that I wonder if, when Chris isn't around, Des gets on her laptop and checks out Brooks' Twitter site and looks at all his Instagram pictures. giggling  I can't imagine that she's not curious and hasn't done it

It has been said that she just settled for Chris, but from what I have seen/heard, he was likely going to be her F1 anyways.  I am really glad that she's happy!
To the bolded, may i just pop up and give this emoticon? speechless  speechless  speechless 
Now i can recall correctly the reasons why i just lurked into Brooks thread no more than 3 times (pre, during,and post-show) for the entire season!..NO kidding.no no 
Just wanna let you know Aunties..that we, the Chrisvillers, do enjoy your posts, even during the time when you were saying no Chris as the F1 for you..giggling  bestbud!
LOL, thanks for the thoughts!! It so surprises me how things are thought as!!

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:20 pm

Beeleever wrote:

I do not understand why people from one camp have to go into the other and try to force their thoughts when all it does is cause trouble for Love and San. They are fanthreads. Why can't we let each camp do their own thing and stop stirring the pot? People have their minds made up and they are not going to change, no matter what others say. And why should they?

Each one has the right to their opinion and each person that has an opinion is right. We don't have to agree with each other, nor do we have to make others feel like they are idiots or wrong if they have a difference of opinion. There is no I'm right, you're wrong. There is only different.  

This is a reaity TV show about people we do not know personally. They are not a part of our intimate circle or family. I personally don't see the point in arguing and fighting over it. People are dying. That's reality.

Yeah, that. peace
Soory to cut part of your post, but I 100% agree with the above part. I didn't/don't/and probably won't agree with all Brooks and Chris fans all the time, but I didnt/don't go to individual threads to express myself. As long as they stay in the fan threads, whatever they post does not bother me at all. Unfortunately I have seen people post not so positive comments in fan threads. I mean I am not in any position to tell people where or what to post, but can't we all give each other some space? Was it even worse during Jef/Ariel time?
Now I am going back to Drew Fan thread:hidingchair
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:29 pm

That's why these not-fan threads are here.  Not all of us want to worship.  Some want to analyze and theorize about what happened. Some want to snark and laugh about what happened. I hope more posters will join us. This was far from a cut and dried season and I think there is tons to talk about but it takes more than one viewpoint to make a good discussion. :Smiley:

Last edited by IrishGal on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by secretviewer Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:39 pm

Good Grief Charlie Brown! :shock: 
Yes, I know that statement shows how old I am....
secretviewer
secretviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen5354 Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:42 pm

I'm sorry, but is this a "Brooks Discussion Group" or a "Brooks' Fans Discussion Group"? :greenman: 

Karen5354

Female Posts : 276

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Discussion Group

+48
jlccaz