SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #6

Page 35 of 47 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #6 - Page 35 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #6

Post by sfrank Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:24 pm

afterawhile wrote:Personally, I was not at inbound13, I was not at the Brooks Forester/Fit Marketing presentation... but I did gather a lot of pictures and comments from there.  It appeared to me that the presentation involved a video of their breakup with a presentation of Marketing Lessons he gained from doing the Bachelorette.  Now I know from capturing a lot of photos from video, the capture is not always what it seems, sometimes a perfectly calm video can turn into a sinister looking picture from a single capture.

I would safely assume that he has permission from ABC to use the footage, or if he doesn't he and his bosses are not as bright as they have been made out to be.  I saw quite a few tweets from after his presentation saying things like they never expected to gather anything from his presentation, but they learned lots.  Some reported how although it's hard to have the honest conversation, Brooks showed them that in the end it was best for both parties.  I am assuming here he was talking about his break up.

I don't understand people jumping to conclusions about things that they have no knowledge of .  Which one of us were there and can say with any certainty that this is what he said or meant.  His and Des' breakup does not belong to either of them. There were lessons to be learned and Brooks paid enough attention that he recognized the chance to share those lessons. 

I have a feeling that ABC/Bachelor franchise owes all 3 remaining parties big time for the mud they dragged them through.  Perhaps that was part of the aftr, getting Brooks to say "how much he noticed Des into Chris" prior to the breakup.  Just so happens that Brooks might have gotten permission to use footage of the show to use for his marketing presentations, Des got a big Neil Lane Diamond ring, and Chris got a very quick publishing deal of his poetry.  I'd say the only one really screwed in all this was Drew... what did he get other than being the laughing stock of MF's jokes and ridicule.

Until that person that was there puts out a video or audio of the presentation, I will trust that Brooks treated it as rationally and with regard to protecting Des and himself when presenting it.  He has shown me no reason to assume otherwise.  There are always a few pot stirrers and I refuse to be part of it. :stirthepot
I agree afterwhile - the one thing I would say is that I don't think he needed permission to show an image or clip of the show. Its public domain at that point. Its no different from someone creating a blog with images from the show or a clip. It would be different if he was selling a DVD of the show.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #6 - Page 35 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #6

Post by Kaltie Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:28 pm

But hey, I love Brooks anyway and I'm a big fan! I know he handled it with class and dignity but everybody has their own opinion! :Smiley: Good night guys!! My clock goes 9 hours before yours if you wonder why I'm saying good night already!

Kaltie

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:34 pm

Kaltie wrote:You have a point afterwhile but as much as we all love Brooks, it's wrong on so many levels. The break-up is the past now, don't dig it up again and even if he got it accepted from ABC, he actually could use something else. One BIG question on all this Brooks using-break-up-and-Des-pictures-on-marketing is: What the heck does Chris think about it? Like seriously, Brooks is ACTUALLY using pictures on Chris fiancé on presentations? 😆 I have to admit that I laugh when I think about it..
How could he use something else if the premise is predicated on HIS experience. Again, I think a lot of assumptions are big made. There is also a video of Brooks talking about feeling like he was in a "sorority" with all of them talking about their feelings of love.

The presentation was on lessons from the Bachelorette. The break-up was a part of it, I don't think it was the focus of the entire presentation.
I don't see how he could talk about the journey without mentioning it.

Fit Marketing did something similar on their site when the show started...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:41 pm

Back to what matters most...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Judiful Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:54 pm

!If everything was used as a positive example of whatever they were trying to stress to several thousand people, I see no problem. Brooks is a man of integrity...he was there for better reasons than throwing stones at The Bachelorette.. We are looking at time when Brooks was forced to make the most painful decision to leave somebody he cared so much for because he wasn't ready to propose to her. That being said, I think they may have been addressing the importance of decision making no matter how painful and difficult. Just my guess here...

Team Sugar And Spice [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
 .     Scary-Good
Judiful
Judiful

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Kaltie wrote:But hey, I love Brooks anyway and I'm a big fan! I know he handled it with class and dignity but everybody has their own opinion! :Smiley: Good night guys!! My clock goes 9 hours before yours if you wonder why I'm saying good night already!
Good night Kaltie... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]We are all entitled to our opinions, yours has just as much merit as mine.  Have a great night and with the way I've been sleeping (rather not sleeping) I will see you when you get up!  
handwave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:01 pm

sfrank wrote:
Kaltie wrote:You have a point afterwhile but as much as we all love Brooks, it's wrong on so many levels. The break-up is the past now, don't dig it up again and even if he got it accepted from ABC, he actually could use something else. One BIG question on all this Brooks using-break-up-and-Des-pictures-on-marketing is: What the heck does Chris think about it? Like seriously, Brooks is ACTUALLY using pictures on Chris fiancé on presentations? 😆 I have to admit that I laugh when I think about it..
How could he use something else if the premise is predicated on HIS experience. Again, I think a lot of assumptions are big made. There is also a video of Brooks talking about feeling like he was in a "sorority" with all of them talking about their feelings of love.

The presentation was on lessons from the Bachelorette. The break-up was a part of it, I don't think it was the focus of the entire presentation.
I don't see how he could talk about the journey without mentioning it.

Fit Marketing did something similar on their site when the show started...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

excellent article sfrank... makes the presentation make more sense.  thanks for bringing that over. :Nod:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:03 pm

two of my favorite things... Brooks Forester and a lobster roll!  yummy drooling 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Afterawhile, how did you know that was a lobster roll? I know he wanted to get one....looks like he did!

About the use of the video....I trust Brooks. I just don't think that he would do anything in a presentation that wasn't in good taste. I think he is honest, sensitive and such a stand up guy that he would use his good judgement in a situation like this. I wish we could see the video because I was interested in his comments about living in a sorority and all the talk from the boys after their dates. I think he would be so interesting to listen to.

I would love more than anything to have an hour (or 24 hours) of his time to get the real scoop on his feelings about the show...what went on behind the scenes, relationships he had with the guys (who was he closest too...I know Michael and Chris, I get the impression from an interview he didn't know or care for JP), his thoughts each step of the way after each episode, and especially what happened between HTD and Antigua. He was there almost until the end and I think he had the closest relationship to Des until the break up. His view of the experience would be very enlightening I'm sure. A girl can dream....
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Came across this picture from 2 days ago... love the tags he used...
jaredstehler
2 days ago
Heartthrob #inbound13

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:56 pm

afterawhile wrote:Came across this picture from 2 days ago... love the tags he used...
jaredstehler
2 days ago
Heartthrob #inbound13
Keep those pics coming, after.
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:07 pm

Ha! Love those pics!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 47 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #6

+32
ddukes
BarbB222
karenap63
soccermom333
jlccaz