SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Fan Forum - WEDDING THREAD - Discussion

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Fan Forum - WEDDING THREAD - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Fan Forum - WEDDING THREAD - Discussion

Post by Laura Walsh Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:46 pm

Since I don't know anything about how it is decided who will have their wedding on TV, I have a couple questions if anyone is familiar with how it goes.

If JoDi do have their wedding on TV, isn't everything supposed to be hush, hush until it's announced on TV?

I know this isn't Andi exactly picking out her wedding dress but I was wondering if this meant that she wasn't going to have it on TV.

Also if it is on TV isn't the wedding paid for including a wedding planner? The reason for this question is does it sound like Andi is planning this herself?

And lastly, does anyone know if the wedding cost is picked up and the couple get money for having it aired?

As far as Andi wanting to get married in the Spring. From watching wedding shows I understand that it takes at least six months to order a wedding dress. So even if Andi ordered something now that would go into April. Also wedding places are usually booked up a year ahead. So that's what has me thinking that if they want a Spring wedding it is not too early to start planning.

I just want to see it on TV and so hope this isn't a sign that it isn't going to be shown on TV. I think us JoDi fans deserve to see it on TV since we got gyped on a lot of scenes on the show and also the fact that we only got 9 minutes out of the hour on After the Final Rose.

Thoughts?
Laura Walsh
Laura Walsh

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Fan Forum - WEDDING THREAD - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Fan Forum - WEDDING THREAD - Discussion

Post by Guest Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:55 pm

Laura Walsh wrote:Since I don't know anything about how it is decided who will have their wedding on TV, I have a couple questions if anyone is familiar with how it goes.

If JoDi do have their wedding on TV, isn't everything supposed to be hush, hush until it's announced on TV?  

I know this isn't Andi exactly picking out her wedding dress but I was wondering if this meant that she wasn't going to have it on TV.

Also if it is on TV isn't the wedding paid for including a wedding planner?  The reason for this question is does it sound like Andi is planning this herself?

And lastly, does anyone know if the wedding cost is picked up and the couple get money for having it aired?

As far as Andi wanting to get married in the Spring.  From watching wedding shows I understand that it takes at least six months to order a wedding dress.  So even if Andi ordered something now that would go into April.  Also wedding places are usually booked up a year ahead.  So that's what has me thinking that if they want a Spring wedding it is not too early to start planning.

I just want to see it on TV and so hope this isn't a sign that it isn't going to be shown on TV.  I think us JoDi fans deserve to see it on TV since we got gyped on a lot of scenes on the show and also the fact that we only got 9 minutes out of the hour on After the Final Rose.  

Thoughts?

I totally agree with the bolded! We fans deserve to see their wedding (if that's what A & J want). But I feel for Des and Chris and don't want them Jipped either. Not sure how ABC will handle it, but it worries me that the easy way out for them is to not air either wedding.

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:56 pm

Laura, Andi and Josh are going to NYC for PR it does not give us any true signs of what is really happening except that things are moving forward and Andi is excited about it.

If it is being aired and she has a wedding planner Andi will have her say in what she likes and wants.

If it is aired ABC pays for the wedding but not sure if the couple get paid.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:58 pm

It seems Des and Chris's wedding got pushed back a couple of times. Not sure if it was their choosing or not. Maybe Des was focused on her wedding dress designs first, but who knows for sure.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:01 pm

Laudergirl wrote:I totally agree with the bolded! We fans deserve to see their wedding (if that's what A & J want). But I feel for Des and Chris and don't want them Jipped either. Not sure how ABC will handle it, but it worries me that the easy way out for them is to not air either wedding.

I can't see them skipping over two weddings in a row, highly unlikely. It's unfortunate for Des and Chris, but their wedding is just a few short months away (January) and I'm guessing they will enjoy many perks and freebies making the wedding less of a financial burden for them, so they will be fine I think.

nannymargie wrote:It seems Des and Chris's wedding got pushed back a couple of times.  Not sure if it was their choosing or not.  Maybe Des was focused on her wedding dress designs first, but who knows for sure.

They actually followed a similar timeline as JP and Ashley with a 1.5 yr engagement. The Bachelor weddings tend to happen sooner than the Bette's because of the time of year that they air. Hopefully Andi can change that up and demand a spring wedding from ABC! giggling Or it's going to be a looong year.

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Fan Forum - WEDDING THREAD - Discussion - Page 2 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:26 pm

bleuberry wrote:
Laudergirl wrote:I totally agree with the bolded! We fans deserve to see their wedding (if that's what A & J want). But I feel for Des and Chris and don't want them Jipped either. Not sure how ABC will handle it, but it worries me that the easy way out for them is to not air either wedding.

I can't see them skipping over two weddings in a row, highly unlikely. It's unfortunate for Des and Chris, but their wedding is just a few short months away (January) and I'm guessing they will enjoy many perks and freebies making the wedding less of a financial burden for them, so they will be fine I think.

I agree. I would bet if Des' season happened before Sean's or happened this past May then her wedding would have been televised. I think the timing just stinks considering how many couples are actually staying together. They can't televise them all. It's a process and it's not cheap. Des and Chris went back to Seattle and have lived a very normal and quiet life, which I love to see. It's funny too because they're so normal, but Des will be the most successful thus far in actually building a career for herself with something she went to school for. Very cool to see. Their wedding is going to be beautiful.

I also agree that I don't see ABC/production skipping Josh and Andi's too. It gives them a nice break in between from when they filmed Sean and Catherine's. I hope they get their spring wedding. Like Andi said, I think it would be very cool to get married on the same day they got engaged a year later.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:59 pm

Actually, I'd like to correct the myth that "it isn't cheap". Most of the vendors are not paid---the pr/advertisement they get for being part of the wedding is their "fee".  If they get some type of payment, it is far less than what they would have gotten from another client.  
I know this. I have close family that is a Beverly Hills wedding planner and heard it from a famous wedding planner(they are comrades in arms) the franchise has past utilized. 
This explains the cash bar at Jash wedding.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:11 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Actually, I'd like to correct the myth that "it isn't cheap". Most of the vendors are not paid---the pr/advertisement they get for being part of the wedding is their "fee".  If they get some type of payment, it is far less than what they would have gotten from another client.  
I know this. I have close family that is a Beverly Hills wedding planner and heard it from a famous wedding planner(they are comrades in arms) the franchise has past utilized. 

Still, I would find it difficult to state that having a televised wedding put on is cheap. While it might not be as expensive as people would assume, I would think that not every single thing is free. I would be shocked to hear that Mindy Weiss, who put on a beautiful wedding for Sean and Catherine, didn't want a penny for all of her hard work.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:52 pm

Yay!!! Just checked in and was soooo excited to see the wedding thread! Josh and andi are getting so pumped and are very ready for this. Let the planning begin! :cutesmile!: lolpanda lolpanda
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:41 pm

Ash2214 wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:Actually, I'd like to correct the myth that "it isn't cheap". Most of the vendors are not paid---the pr/advertisement they get for being part of the wedding is their "fee".  If they get some type of payment, it is far less than what they would have gotten from another client.  

Still, I would find it difficult to state that having a televised wedding put on is cheap. While it might not be as expensive as people would assume, I would think that not every single thing is free. I would be shocked to hear that Mindy Weiss, who put on a beautiful wedding for Sean and Catherine, didn't want a penny for all of her hard work.

I would think that even if Mindy got paid, it would not be her regular fee. The publicity she would get for being part of any franchise wedding...or several...would result in more clients and that would more than make up for the lower fee. Kind of like the Super bowl halftime show acts. They never get paid (in fact, I recently heard that they are even thinking of charging the acts that appear a percentage of their future tour proceeds), because the resulting publicity increases tour ticket sales to such a degree. It was the reason I went to see Bruno Mars a few months back....saw his great halftime show!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Walsh Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:45 pm

I remember seeing a tweet that American Young said, they'd love to play at Josh and Andi's wedding. Wouldn't that be sweet if they did.
Laura Walsh
Laura Walsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:49 pm

I am standing behind my post without going into further deets.  A wedding thrown by TPTB is not a major investment.
Sprite, your Super Bowl analogy is spot on.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Fan Forum - WEDDING THREAD - Discussion

+30
Jolena
AnandaMarie
LoveGodTheMost
Westie Mom
timfan