SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 25 of 51 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 38 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 25 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by clawsteph Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:55 pm

At first I thought this was the craziest idea and the show was the tackiest ever. But after following the journey and watching how committed the experts are, I think the idea was carried in the sanest, most reasonable way. I mean, months of interview and hundreds of pages to review and observe? And these experts are LEGIT. By the end of the day, they would know us better than we know ourselves. Not to mention, thorough background check including criminal records. That saves a lotttt of time, knowing that we can skip the psycho/douchey part. How awesome is that? Even Cinderella's fairy godmother can't do better than that. It's the smartest way to find your "perfect" match IMO. I might consider applying if I lived in US, hahaha.
Anyway, if it continues to produce successful marriages, this will be no longer a social experiment. It's gonna be a social revolution.
clawsteph
clawsteph

Female Posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 25 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by 2observe Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:19 pm

clawsteph wrote:At first I thought this was the craziest idea and the show was the tackiest ever. But after following the journey and watching how committed the experts are, I think the idea was carried in the sanest, most reasonable way. I mean, months of interview and hundreds of pages to review and observe? And these experts are LEGIT. By the end of the day, they would know us better than we know ourselves. Not to mention, thorough background check including criminal records. That saves a lotttt of time, knowing that we can skip the psycho/douchey part. How awesome is that? Even Cinderella's fairy godmother can't do better than that. It's the smartest way to find your "perfect" match IMO. I might consider applying if I lived in US, hahaha.
Anyway, if it continues to produce successful marriages, this will be no longer a social experiment. It's gonna be a social revolution.
LOL!!! IMO, it's already started. They got a new TV series called Arranged Marriages.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:04 pm

Just caught up on the show on my DVR. Can't wait to see how things progress with season 2. Smiley
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by clawsteph Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:16 pm

2observe wrote:
LOL!!!  IMO, it's already started. They got a new TV series called Arranged Marriages.  
LOL. There you go. Hopefully it involves experts too bc to me they are the key.
What's amazing and ironic at the same time is that it's basically not a revolution at all since it's done centuries ago. Apparently we've been fooling ourselves all this time with the idea of "love is all we need", when the real star is compatibility. LOL.
clawsteph
clawsteph

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:56 pm

clawsteph wrote:
2observe wrote:
LOL!!!  IMO, it's already started. They got a new TV series called Arranged Marriages.  
LOL. There you go. Hopefully it involves experts too bc to me they are the key.
What's amazing and ironic at the same time is that it's basically not a revolution at all since it's done centuries ago. Apparently we've been fooling ourselves all this time with the idea of "love is all we need", when the real star is compatibility. LOL.
Exactly!!! :yes:
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:28 am

Having this pool of experts matching you up would hopefully also allow them to assess if you are really ready for marriage, and tell you if there are issues you need to resolve before you dive in. Might have saved me some heartache through the years! It's so hard to "know thyself!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:44 am

Great POV clawsteph (btw, Welcome!!), 2observe and BKay

i found MAFS as my 'oasis' to mend the disastrous seasons of the Bach series.

i love that on MAFS we get to see the happily ever after first and after that the couple doing the 'backward' process..The total contraflow of the Bach format.  There is no 'easy way out' as its a legal married.. it just goes to show us that a commitment and compatibility can yield 'true love'. Damie and Jortney are the living proof of that.. :yes:

my mad props for all the experts too.. you can clearly tell that they are not only a great group of professionals.. but they put their heart,soul and very passionate about the show and the couples's success. In one interview Dr. Logan revealed how she has had many late night skype chat --with her kids running around laugh out loud--with Dr. C to talk about and to be certain of the matchmaking..beatingheart

how many couples last outside US series? Nada, i believe?..SCMIIW. Maybe, the experts ARE the key :yes:

Back to top Go down

Post by clawsteph Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:31 am

Couldn't agree more with BKay! ^^

Thanks for the warm welcome, Murasaki (and everyone)! Feels good to find ppl with same interests and share personal thoughts that can't be shared on the casts' SM pages without sounding nosy and obsessed with their lives (I speak for myself, haahhaha).
And yes, I too am so over Bach/Bachette. That's why I'm so happy with MAFS. I hope the producers keep the integrity of the show and won't drag it down to another reality TV unnecessary fabricated dramas.
As for couples outside US, I googled the Danish version once and read it somewhere that none lasted. But a youtube clip of Entertainment Tonight stated that on US + Danish version, 2/3 made it. Dunno which one's correct. Maybe someone can find reliable info.
clawsteph
clawsteph

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:47 am

On the Danish show two decided to stay married after the experiment but ultimately separated within a few years.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by crazychicken Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:19 am

jlccaz wrote:On the Danish show two decided to stay married after the experiment but ultimately separated within a few years.  

No on the Danish show, one couple divorced after the 4 week experiment, one couple lasted 3 months and the last couple lasted 7 months, what is interesting to me is that other than the 4 week experiment none of the couples moved in together, as soon as the cameras left the remaining 2 couples went back to a more traditional dating relationship.

If you want to read the articles then just google translate the following term

gift ved første øjekast

crazychicken

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:21 am

jlccaz wrote:On the Danish show two decided to stay married after the experiment but ultimately separated within a few years.  

thanks jlccaz.. hopefully that wont be the case for the current 2 adorb couples from last season. I love them! i wish them a happy marriage for a lifetime Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:26 am

crazychicken wrote:

No on the Danish show, one couple divorced after the 4 week experiment, one couple lasted 3 months and the last couple lasted 7 months, what is interesting to me is that other than the 4 week experiment none of the couples moved in together, as soon as the cameras left the remaining 2 couples went back to a more traditional dating relationship.

If you want to read the articles then just google translate the following term

gift ved første øjekast

Thanks for the info crazychicken, and welcomebanner

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71474

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 51 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 38 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

+90
TwinkleB13
WatcheronWall
TheEyesHaveIt
sherrie714
Sulamit