SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 40 of 51 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 45 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 40 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by albean99 Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:12 pm

welcomeyall cupcakes1219! Thank you for sharing.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15330

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 40 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Raingirl Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:47 pm

I've been a member of this board for a long time but mostly lurk. The behind the scenes info that has come out about this show has infuriated me so much, I just had to say something. It has helped me make sense of some of the things that had me puzzled. My daughter has worked in reality TV, (none of dating shows though), and has told me a lot. This makes what the person that worked on the show said ring true for me. I'm so angry that the producers put these 3 women through this mess for ratings. I have no words to express about the "experts" allowing this to go on. They all deserve to lose their credentials and teaching positions. The only one I am familiar with is Dr. Schwartz because she has been a professor at the University of Washington. I hope all 3 women get annulments and then sue the pants off the networks that aired this mess, the producers and production company that created this season plus all the "experts" that put these women in harms way. :angryemotion

Raingirl

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:55 pm

I very much doubt the contestants have any grounds to sue since they all signed contracts to go on a reality tv show. I feel like some fans and maybe even some that applied for the show got enamoured with the success of last season and thought that would always happen. I think the success of the first season was dumb luck and the show probably won't ever have a season like that again. Mainly because people will now view this as a way to be on tv and not real.

Frankly, I can't bring myself to feel bad for any of them because they all willingly signed on the dotted line and will no doubt reap other benefits from being on the show.

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 40 87b72b10 Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 40 86669110 Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 40 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:58 pm

umngirl wrote:I very much doubt the contestants have any grounds to sue since they all signed contracts to go on a reality tv show. I feel like some fans and maybe even some that applied for the show got enamoured with the success of last season and thought that would always happen. I think the success of the first season was dumb luck and the show probably won't ever have a season like that again. Mainly because people will now view this as a way to be on tv and not real.

Frankly, I can't bring myself to feel bad for any of them because they all willingly signed on the dotted line and will no doubt reap other benefits from being on the show.

If what NYC LAX says is true and they spent a YEAR first season setting up the matches, it's insane to me that they thought that Monet/Vaughn would be a good match. These "experts" are just not very good at their job.

Back to top Go down

Post by luckydee Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:59 pm

I wonder if A&E was behind moving it up to a holiday taping instead of March.  It would have probably been a summer show if the weddings were in March and maybe that didn't fit in to their schedule??  They might have been able to find men who really wanted to be married if they'd waited.  I just wonder if A&E had more input into what was shown/taped etc since it felt like a different show this time around.

I hope that the truth comes out somehow because I just can't see the reunion show leaving in accusations of being a drug dealer.  The viewing public needs to know what really happened.

Just wanted to add that I'm very upset that Ryan's niece was on this show.

luckydee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:13 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
umngirl wrote:I very much doubt the contestants have any grounds to sue since they all signed contracts to go on a reality tv show. I feel like some fans and maybe even some that applied for the show got enamoured with the success of last season and thought that would always happen. I think the success of the first season was dumb luck and the show probably won't ever have a season like that again. Mainly because people will now view this as a way to be on tv and not real.

If what NYC LAX says is true and they spent a YEAR first season setting up the matches, it's insane to me that they thought that Monet/Vaughn would be a good match. These "experts" are just not very good at their job.
OTOH, maybe their job is only to find one couple that might "work" and the other two to create as much "Jerry Springer" as possible.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerseynurse Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:24 pm

luckydee wrote:I wonder if A&E was behind moving it up to a holiday taping instead of March.  It would have probably been a summer show if the weddings were in March and maybe that didn't fit in to their schedule??  They might have been able to find men who really wanted to be married if they'd waited.  I just wonder if A&E had more input into what was shown/taped etc since it felt like a different show this time around.

I hope that the truth comes out somehow because I just can't see the reunion show leaving in accusations of being a drug dealer.  The viewing public needs to know what really happened.

Just wanted to add that I'm very upset that Ryan's niece was on this show.

I agree with the statement about Ryan's niece. This poor kid has had a rough enough time of it in her short life. For her to be thrown into this and even put on television is just wrong. I really think A&E threw whatever they could into the series to get viewers and drama with very little thought to whom else could be hurt.
And if Ryan and Jaclyn did indeed split, this poor little girl has to experience loss once again.
Jerseynurse
Jerseynurse

Back to top Go down

Post by tireman4 Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:28 pm

I wonder ( and I am just pondering) if a book comes out of this....from one, two or all three ladies..if all that has been stated here is true.

tireman4

Male Posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:28 pm

Funny coming from me I know, but this is all rather extreme, and fraud vitiates contracts.  It's practically criminal level of deceit here as cast.  These contracts usually have enforceable arbitration promises so the disputes don't get aired, and if it happened to one, maybe one should simply divorce and move on ....but it is outrageous.  Shocks the conscience.  If what the poster describes went down that way in all seriousness those gals should talk to a good lawyer of which there are thousands in New York.

And I'd like to restate my persistent attacks on these hacks acting as experts here.  Times ten.

It's reprehensible in the fullest sense of the word.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:37 pm

^But if these guys passed background checks what grounds is there? The experts and TPTB could just claim this never came up in the extensive pre-show stuff and then what? I'm not a lawyer but if they passed that and the psych tests what action could be taken?

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 40 87b72b10 Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 40 86669110 Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 40 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:37 pm

umngirl wrote:^But if these guys passed background checks what grounds is there? The experts and TPTB could just claim this never came up in the extensive pre-show stuff and then what? I'm not a lawyer but if they passed that and the psych tests what action could be taken?

Well it's all speculation as we don't have the contracts or the key facts for what they were told the matching activity would look like, what screening for drugs or STDs testing would be done. Very risky stuff though .... Casting drug users who could be abusive. If no one was sick or hurt I suppose you are right. But still I'd dump the contracts and the facts on a lawyer and get some advice. You assume risks being in this process , as Monet did, but this is messing with people in a morally reprehensible and shocking way that the law might make room for. I

Anyway, of course , "I don't know " is the real answer. But this is troubling. Especially I am disgusted with the experts as I've said over and over who lull these people in with their fake aura of science and psychology and then sponsor or affiliate with this sort of crap.

If I hear the phrase "the experts" one more time, I will throw something at my screen! Whatever their credentials they have conducted themselves very unprofessionally. They should hire lawyers and get out of their own agreements.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:42 pm

I think it all depends on what's in the contract and the expectations set up with the cast before signing on the dotted line.

Contestants who go on competition reality dating shows know it is long shot for a match to happen since they are 1 of 25-30. Whereas with MAFS (and I am taking this straight from http://realitvwithbee.blogspot.com/), "six singles put their trust in four experts, Clinical Psychologist, Dr. Joseph Cilona, Sexologist, Dr. Logan Levkoff, Sociologist, Dr. Pepper Schwartz and Spiritual Advisor, Greg Epstein, to make one of the biggest decisions of their lives...that of choosing a spouse."

While cast of Bachelor/ette go on location and enter the world of Fleiss, the cast of MAFS are supposed to carry on with their everyday lives for the most part and maintain their "real world" careers.

Plus MAFS2 wives who went on maybe 50/50 (half hoping for exposure and other half hoping for a spouse) just have to consider the success of season 1, which was far more organic and the biggest manufactured drama was Doug sneaking a cigarette.

If the women of MAFS2 were influenced by the experts claiming a 66% success rate due to the science behind the matching yet the experts/production found their "perfect" matches essentially out of a cracker jack box, that COULD be breach of contract. IMHO.

Messy messy all around!
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 51 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 45 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

+90
TwinkleB13
WatcheronWall
TheEyesHaveIt
sherrie714
Sulamit