SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 39 of 51 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 45 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 39 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by cantstopwatchin Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:07 pm

I have to admit, this has been my guilty pleasure for the last couple of months [and I binge-watched Arranged].  I had no idea there was a board discussing it on here!  Embarressed!

I can't wait to go through and read what you all have dug up and your thoughts on the show.  The Q&A session for next week's 6-month reunion show look juicy!!  

I wavered on whether I liked Ryan & Jess together but he won me over at the end.  However, if he once again reared that insanely ugly temperament, I can't see them lasting AT ALL and I wouldn't want her with him.  He was AWFUL!!  

I felt like Jaclyn was settling - even when she said she was in love with him, she didn't look like she was in love with him.  I got the impression he was a warm body...  Ryan, he needs to cut the cord. You can be there for your family but still have your own separate life.  I don't blame Jaclyn for being unhappy she didn't come first.  

Sean & Davina - yikes - they were just painful to watch.  No compromise on either end, they'll never make it in ANY relationship.  I'm just glad for their sakes they didn't consummate the marriage.

We must overcome the notion that we must be regular... it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre. - Uta Hagen
cantstopwatchin
cantstopwatchin

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 39 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:01 am

Rather than getting lost in the contestants thread, copied from Ryan and Jes' thread for general discussion on the show.

NYC LAX wrote:
This may shed some light as to why this season doesn't feel like last season.  They had a male and separate female casting for its original season title was "a love experiment". Which then changed to married at first site.  Season one the "experts" took almost 1 year to make the matches from people both truly looking to be married.

This season they did the matches in a week! The show was set to start filming in mid March. They did a female casting call for women who wanted to be married. They called some people back from season 1 who had applied to reapply and Jessica got one of the spots this time.  

Then we got orders shooting was changed and the crew had to leave early December and would now be away from our families over Christmas and New Years. Everyone was pissed! The producers thought the couples spending the holidays together would give added drama to the show.

There was no male casting done. One guy was found on match.com, one on facebook because he had acted and modeled prior, and one was a friend of a contestant on season 1. NONE of these men wanted to be married. They all wanted to advance their careers or have "fame." The producers sold them that way. All the opportunities that would come their way afterwards. Plus the $1500.00 per episode they would get and anything that was filmed paid for during the 6 weeks. The matches were made quickly and everyone had two weeks until their wedding.

It is Jessica's Ryan that storms off the set. Jess found out two weeks after the experiment was over that Ryan lied about his job and all the money he doesn't have. He is an aspiring actor/ model that is broke. He stole the $100. The truth comes out he is really a drug dealer and addicted to cocaine. That's why he leaves the set and then he began to threaten Jessica's life.

Jacyln's Ryan cheated on her during the experiment and had sex with his ex girlfriend. Other lies Ryan has told come out such as he does not support his family. He never paid his mother money to live there. His mom would complain she wanted Ryan to move out because he ate all their food and never contributed money.

Jess's Ryan never showed up to film a few times and went MIA. She found out later he was having sex and cheating on her at his ex girlfriends apartment.

They did the casting so fast the men were never drug tested or std tested like the women were.

No one is together. Everyone is getting divorced. Their contract stated must wait 6 months before filing for divorce.

Not sure with editing what will be shown that happened at the reunion as we film much longer than the 1.5 hours they will show with commercials.

Season 3 started filming this past weekend in Atlanta. Three couples were married each a day apart on June 5,6,& 7.  

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:13 am

affraid  
Nothing left to say. This makes the show UnReal look happily ever after.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:31 am

The only thing I don't understand is the experts.
Is the paycheck that big that they were willing to risk their professional reputation?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosepetal Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:44 am

Way to wreck a show. I guess the producers wanted to take the money and run also. Idiots!
Rosepetal
Rosepetal

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:45 am

I don't understand either, why did they stoop so low after a successful first season. Why wouldn't they follow the same format for casting.

What a mess. I bet no one will take responsibility for messing with the viewers, or maybe they felt the drama is what the viewers wanted. IDK but it would be nice of these reality tv shows would for once bring on the love stories that I think the majority of viewers want to see.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mafs_fan_10 Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:48 am

Rosepetal wrote:Way to wreck a show. I guess the producers wanted to take the money and run also. Idiots!

How convenient that season three is already filming.. They knew this season was a train wreck and wanted to get another season going before viewers knew what was going on. Sad.

Mafs_fan_10

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:07 am

GuardianAngel wrote:Rather than getting lost in the contestants thread, copied  from Ryan and Jes' thread for general discussion on the show.

NYC LAX wrote:
This may shed some light as to why this season doesn't feel like last season.  They had a male and separate female casting for its original season title was "a love experiment". Which then changed to married at first site.  Season one the "experts" took almost 1 year to make the matches from people both truly looking to be married.

This season they did the matches in a week! The show was set to start filming in mid March. They did a female casting call for women who wanted to be married. They called some people back from season 1 who had applied to reapply and Jessica got one of the spots this time.  

Then we got orders shooting was changed and the crew had to leave early December and would now be away from our families over Christmas and New Years. Everyone was pissed! The producers thought the couples spending the holidays together would give added drama to the show.

There was no male casting done. One guy was found on match.com, one on facebook because he had acted and modeled prior, and one was a friend of a contestant on season 1. NONE of these men wanted to be married. They all wanted to advance their careers or have "fame." The producers sold them that way. All the opportunities that would come their way afterwards. Plus the $1500.00 per episode they would get and anything that was filmed paid for during the 6 weeks. The matches were made quickly and everyone had two weeks until their wedding.

It is Jessica's Ryan that storms off the set. Jess found out two weeks after the experiment was over that Ryan lied about his job and all the money he doesn't have. He is an aspiring actor/ model that is broke. He stole the $100. The truth comes out he is really a drug dealer and addicted to cocaine. That's why he leaves the set and then he began to threaten Jessica's life.

Jacyln's Ryan cheated on her during the experiment and had sex with his ex girlfriend. Other lies Ryan has told come out such as he does not support his family. He never paid his mother money to live there. His mom would complain she wanted Ryan to move out because he ate all their food and never contributed money.

Jess's Ryan never showed up to film a few times and went MIA. She found out later he was having sex and cheating on her at his ex girlfriends apartment.

They did the casting so fast the men were never drug tested or std tested like the women were.

No one is together. Everyone is getting divorced. Their contract stated must wait 6 months before filing for divorce.

OMG. This is so disturbing on so many levels, but to me none even comes close to the fact that these ladies may have contracted an STD!!! Shame on all of them (producers, and experts) and I hope the ladies have some grounds to sue. I am generally not litigious by nature but this is egregious to me.
Not sure with editing what will be shown that happened at the reunion as we film much longer than the 1.5 hours they will show with commercials.

Season 3 started filming this past weekend in Atlanta. Three couples were married each a day apart on June 5,6,& 7.  
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:22 am

Wow, that's so disappointing. I guess it's too much to ask for a reality show that is just reality. I am so sick of the produced drama. They had a successfull first season, why fix what wasn't broken?
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:02 pm

And this is the beauty of this forum! I didn't have to invest any time viewing this show. I could get play by play here and feel it wasn't such an unjustified waste of tv viewing. 
And these have been very entertaining threads this spring!! Bravo!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:27 pm

I'd love for that to be wrong info but it's hard not to believe it after seeing the changes from season 1. We can only hope they learned their lesson from cutting corners from the first season which was so much better. Not holding my breath though and not sure I'll bother trying again. It just wasn't the same and I didn't have a good feeling about any of the couples. Not hard to see why. no no

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15308

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 39 Empty Loved the Concept....

Post by cupcakes1219 Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:00 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I don't understand either, why did they stoop so low after a successful first season. Why wouldn't they follow the same format for casting.

What a mess. I bet no one will take responsibility for messing with the viewers, or maybe they felt the drama is what the viewers wanted. IDK but it would be nice of these reality tv shows would for once bring on the love stories that I think the majority of viewers want to see.

I agree. This season felt entirely different from the last, and by all the posts I've been "lurking" around reading today ...I am so disappointed to hear some of the things being revealed about what ACTUALLY has been going on this season. I just ADORED the concept when season one came out - I was hooked right from episode one - and even though at first I thought, "Oh my, another reality show - what a crazy concept!" I simply could NOT stop watching. It was done so beautifully the first season, and I still follow what's happening with the couples from Season One today...I was so excited for this second season, and it really disgusts me if all this is true. sad Watching the first four weeks of Jessica and Ryan D was extremely hard for me. I was in an abusive marriage when I was 22...and it was frightening and devastating to my life and the life of my daughter. It took me the better part of a decade to heal from that! And I wouldn't wish that on ANYONE. I am upset that Davina has been made out to be the villain in edits as well. I'm sorry - but there is nothing wrong with a strong woman who knows what she wants, knows what her deal-breakers are, and sticks to her guns about that. Davina appears to be a very positive lady and I, for one, do not think she is the villain in this scenario. She was clear all along what she wanted, and especially about relocation, etc., and now she's the bad-girl for wanting a spouse who would BE PRESENT?! I had such high hopes for Sean and Davina on their wedding day - I think all of us did, what an instant connection! I can relate to a lot of what Davina said throughout the season, actually and I applaud her. I had the highest hopes for Ryan R and Jaclyn...if what I am reading from the insiders to the season is actually TRUE - then I feel for ALL THREE of these women, and I pray that they all can heal from what has been done to them. sad

cupcakes1219

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 51 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 45 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

+90
TwinkleB13
WatcheronWall
TheEyesHaveIt
sherrie714
Sulamit