SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Page 10 of 79 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 44 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

happyfriday - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 10 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:27 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:This show is so misleading though.

It makes it seem like Nick is what made everything go crazy when really it's really F1 and the lead with their early "you're the one" late night sessions.

Nick is just the scapegoat once again.

This is just my opinion (as always!), but I think it was because Kaitlyn wanted her cake and to eat it too. She definitely wanted Nick there, as you can tell by how smitten she was with him in NY, letting him stay despite Shawn's objections, giving him the rose on his first group date, giving him the first 1-on-1 in Ireland, and, of course, having sex with him. But, she wasn't willing to even allow for the possibility that Shawn would leave, in case she ultimately decided she wanted him over Nick, so she told him that he was the one (when, in reality, she probably didn't know for sure at that point) and possibly had sexual relations with him too (judging from the sneak peek with Ben H). I think that if she had just said to Shawn "I'm falling for you, but I also have strong feelings for Nick. Please just trust the process and trust our relationship while I figure this out", it wouldn't have become this whole thing. Instead, she tells Shawn he's the one and she laughs at Shawn's jokes about committing suicide after spending a day with Nick. I almost can't blame the guy for being so over-confident and then going crazy the second he realizes it's not 100% him.

I think that Shawn's jealousy would have come out, whether Nick was there or not, but I feel like Kaitlyn would have been able to handle it better if it was just Jared he was worried about. Nick actually IS a real threat to Shawn and I personally think that Kaitlyn is too afraid to admit that to him.
Yup, his jealousy or (I'll call it his F1-ism) also came out with Jared just getting a GDR and he let the other guys know about this time (Joe) and now Ben H is all aghast. I just think that Nick ending up F2 and K led him there because she needed an option in case Shawn decided to leave before FRC day. Who knows if he was back and forth and back and forth right up until FRC day and so K only got her handler's to confirm to her that Shawn was going to propose the day of FRC? Other than the usual Nick owed TPTB this makes the most sense to me. (for now laugh out loud )

I am thinking we are going to see a devastated Nick at FRC. Just a feeling. He is fine now but I don't think he was then. #bubblebummer
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

happyfriday - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 10 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Post by SueSt Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:03 am

AllAboutLove wrote:(Snipped)
I am thinking we are going to see a devastated Nick at FRC. Just a feeling. He is fine now but I don't think he was then. #bubblebummer

I really hope you're wrong AAL. bestbud!
Nick does seem fine now, really fine.
I hope and pray and believe he has it in perspective of his greater purpose.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:07 am

SueSt wrote:

I really hope you're wrong AAL.   bestbud!
Hope I am wrong too but if he was really feeling it (and not just following TPTB orders) enough to pick out a ring and propose? I could see Kaitlyn stopping him before he gets on his knee (as he likely will) but if she doesn't and he proposes? I see a shell-shocked Nick who tweeted "It's always cloudy inside" a week after FRC day.

That being said, he is just fine now! bestbud!
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:51 am

IrishGal wrote:Or maybe the proposal was part of an agreement he made with TPTB to come back on the show...that if he made it to Final 2 he would propose on camera.

Maybe it was something that he actually wanted the chance to do.

Perhaps he felt cheated last season because he was eliminated before he had a chance to make his best "pitch" and was reduced to trying to reconnect to make that pitch, and ultimately having to write a letter to make it. Perhaps he would have felt cheated again if Kaitlyn had not allowed him to speak his piece and express all he felt.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:50 am

Lucas15 wrote:
IrishGal wrote:Or maybe the proposal was part of an agreement he made with TPTB to come back on the show...that if he made it to Final 2 he would propose on camera.

Maybe it was something that he actually wanted the chance to do.

Perhaps he felt cheated last season because he was eliminated before he had a chance to make his best "pitch" and was reduced to trying to reconnect to make that pitch, and ultimately having to write a letter to make it. Perhaps he would have felt cheated again if Kaitlyn had not allowed him to speak his piece and express all he felt.

This is what I was trying to say in another thread, but was shut down. This is exactly how I would feel about it. I would want to get everything off my chest, to know I truly gave it my all. Last season Nick was surprised by being let go the morning of the FRC and leaving without closure leading to the letter writing storyline. This time I think he wanted to say his piece and fully express his thoughts so that if Kaitlyn turned him down he could go home at peace, staying true to himself and putting it all out there, risking it all for love. His motto.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:59 am

OnePromise wrote:This is what I was trying to say in another thread, but was shut down.  This is exactly how I would feel about it.  I would want to get everything off my chest, to know I truly gave it my all.  Last season Nick was surprised by being let go the morning of the FRC and leaving without closure leading to the letter writing storyline.  This time I think he wanted to say his piece and fully express his thoughts so that if Kaitlyn turned him down he could go home at peace, staying true to himself and putting it all out there, risking it all for love.  His motto.

Sorry I missed that because (as should be obvious) I wouldn't have shut the thought down. We may find out - or we may never know - but I do see the possibility that Nick wanted to get everything off his chest and out there to Kaitlyn and in letting him propose Kaitlyn gave him the chance he wanted. It's too bad for Nick that the answer wasn't what he wanted but at least she had the chance.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:41 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
OnePromise wrote:This is what I was trying to say in another thread, but was shut down.  This is exactly how I would feel about it.  I would want to get everything off my chest, to know I truly gave it my all.  Last season Nick was surprised by being let go the morning of the FRC and leaving without closure leading to the letter writing storyline.  This time I think he wanted to say his piece and fully express his thoughts so that if Kaitlyn turned him down he could go home at peace, staying true to himself and putting it all out there, risking it all for love.  His motto.

Sorry I missed that because (as should be obvious) I wouldn't have shut the thought down. We may find out - or we may never know - but I do see the possibility that Nick wanted to get everything off his chest and out there to Kaitlyn and in letting him propose Kaitlyn gave him the chance he wanted. It's too bad for Nick that the answer wasn't what he wanted but at least she had the chance.

Thanks Lucas! It is too bad that he didn't get the answer he wanted, but at least he got to ask the question and was not left wondering "what if". To me, that might have been worse.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:52 pm

I am finding myself becoming less and less interested in this season as it goes on, which is odd for me because usually it's the reverse of that. I liked Kaitlyn last season on CS season and was really excited for her to be the Bette, but I'm liking her less as time goes on. To be honest, I'm disappointed that she didn't choose Nick as her f1, but more so, I'm disappointed in how she's treating him. If she knew Shawn was "the one" and still had sex with Nick and continued to lead him on that way, knowing how he felt about her, I think that is pretty cruel. I know it was Nicks choice to come and join the show, and he knew what he was getting into, but I think Nick's position is different because she had a relationship with him prior to filming. Because Kaityn knew Nick, and quite well I believe, I would have hoped she would have treated him with more respect.

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:14 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
SueSt wrote:

I really hope you're wrong AAL.   bestbud!
Hope I am wrong too but if he was really feeling it (and not just following TPTB orders) enough to pick out a ring and propose? I could see Kaitlyn stopping him before he gets on his knee (as he likely will) but if she doesn't and he proposes? I see a shell-shocked Nick who tweeted "It's always cloudy inside" a week after FRC day.

That being said, he is just fine now! bestbud!

I remember Ashley trying to stop Ben and he just was so intent on getting it out that he wouldn't let her. I actually think that is a sign that someone isn't the one, when they are so nervous they just need to plow through, I think their subconscious realizes it is something they shouldn't be doing. Reminded me of Tara with Jesse, girl you threw up on the way there, your body can't do much more to tell you that you really don't want this dude.

I am not really worried about Nick. He was engaged before the show, so I don't think he will be crushed to propose and get turned down. He seems much more pragmatic about the show this time even during it and with him finding out this week about the extra time Shawn has gotten, I think he has a better idea that it isn't just him. I think he really didn't have much of a clue about how close Andi and Josh were, TPTB purposely had them on different dates except for episode 4, where they were on different basketball teams, so Nick didn't see how Andi was around Josh. He has a better idea that someone else is in the bachelorette's heart this time. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:17 pm

OnePromise wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:

Thanks Lucas! It is too bad that he didn't get the answer he wanted, but at least he got to ask the question and was not left wondering "what if".  To me, that might have been worse.  
I don't have a problem with the question (or any question for that matter) just with the possibility that K allowed Nick to plan and execute a proposal when she knew that she would turn him down. IMO, there are other ways to get your questions answered and fully express one's thoughts.
Also, we discussed this in Nick's fan thread but I am hoping/assuming that K&N discussed the possibility of an engagement privately in the FS. Based on what happened to each of them in their prior season's, i can not imagine a scenario where this question did not come up....
And if this is the case, it brings up a lot of questions if the spoilers are right:
Was K still considering Nick? Did she lie about her interest? Did Nick actually learn that he was not going to be F1 and agree, for whatever reasons, to play along?? (hard to believe this one) I don't know, but I'm very interested to see how this all plays out...
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:19 pm

stuckinsc wrote: (snipped)

I am not really worried about Nick.  He was engaged before the show, so I don't think he will be crushed to propose and get turned down.  He seems much more pragmatic about the show this time even during it and with him finding out this week about the extra time Shawn has gotten, I think he has a better idea that it isn't just him.  I think he really didn't have much of a clue about how close Andi and Josh were, TPTB purposely had them on different dates except for episode 4, where they were on different basketball teams, so Nick didn't see how Andi was around Josh. He has a better idea that someone else is in the bachelorette's heart this time. JMO.

Great points, Stuck. ITA!
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:34 pm

Max64 wrote:I am finding myself becoming less and less interested in this season as it goes on, which is odd for me because usually it's the reverse of that. I liked Kaitlyn last season on CS season and was really excited for her to be the Bette, but I'm liking her less as time goes on.  To be honest, I'm disappointed that she didn't choose Nick as her f1, but more so, I'm disappointed in how she's treating him.  If she knew Shawn was "the one" and still had sex with Nick and continued to lead him on that way, knowing how he felt about her, I think that is pretty cruel.  I know it was Nicks choice to come and join the show, and he knew what he was getting into, but I think Nick's position is different because she had a relationship with him prior to filming.  Because Kaityn knew Nick, and quite well I believe, I would have hoped she would have treated him with more respect.

You are not alone in your feelings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 79 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 44 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

+69
kimberlyg
megaa
Cecilia
mindless
Beagle