SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Page 47 of 79 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 63 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

happyfriday - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 47 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:13 pm

I think he would be gold for ratings. JMOAA.
I still would rather him distance himself from the whole enchilada, but I felt the same way with Brad.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

happyfriday - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 47 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:14 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:How does one determine target audience then? The ratings are highest when the episode is previewed as focusing on Nick. That has to play a role I would think. Ratings are most important to TPTB (ratings = $) and if Nick was truly terrible for not only the target audience but also SM people, etc, then why are they tuning in to watch him?
The one I see mentioned most often is the 18-34 year old women and 18-34 year old adults (why these aren't one IDK - it seems to me that 18-34 adult would include women) but they may have different metrics.

It's one thing to see viewership high when Nick is on but drama is also high when Nick is on - are they tuning in to see Nick or the drama he brings? While I don't know the answers to that I know (because I used to work in the entertainment industry) that they have very detailed metrics on this - they use that to price advertising time and advertisers won't pay top dollar for ad time unless the network can prove the programming reaches the advertiser's desired customers.
Drama drives interest, ratings, and sales. People say they love a love story but it is the drama they tune in for and hate but still tune in it seems. Sidenote: Just posted in the media thread that Us Weekly tweeted about Nick's twitter pic. Nick gets a lot of attention by the in-the-pocket-of-TPTB magazines. Robert Mills also retweeted this.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:23 pm

IA Kasha, I think he'd be ratings gold. Love him or hate him, there are those that love the hate.

I also found it odd that CH mentioned they were thinking of BenZ as a possible lead. Since when do they come right out and disclose who they are possibly going to choose?

IMO Nick was always first on their list as a possibility if he wasn't the F1. CH is probably trying all his might to change that. laugh out loud

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by remockered Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:27 pm

happydays wrote:Ok, I saw Nick's IG photo and had to come back here.
He is either next bach, or imo, coming off now as a bit pretentious and I am seriously re-evaluating my stance as his fan.
He is really falling from the pedastal that I once put him on.

JMHO, but putting anyone on a pedestal is dangerous business. They can make no movement, save falling off the darn thing
remockered
remockered

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesrREd Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:33 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:IA Kasha, I think he'd be ratings gold. Love him or hate him, there are those that love the hate.

I also found it odd that CH mentioned they were thinking of BenZ as a possible lead. Since when do they come right out and disclose who they are possibly going to choose?

IMO Nick was always first on their list as a possibility if he wasn't the F1. CH is probably trying all his might to change that. laugh out loud

It does seem that all the producers are very fond of Nick. If they can take a very popular lead at the start (Juan Pablo) and have everyone disliking him at the end, then why can't they do the opposite for Nick?
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:36 pm

^ IMO anyone who goes on this show falls under the category of "Fool me once". 
Go on the show a second time and it falls under the category of "Fool me twice." 
Go on the show any further and it falls under the category of "You're simply a fool".

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:39 pm

^^^ Beautiful kasha. I hope "they" are all listening. ;)
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:39 pm

remockered wrote:
happydays wrote:Ok, I saw Nick's IG photo and had to come back here.
He is either next bach, or imo, coming off now as a bit pretentious and I am seriously re-evaluating my stance as his fan.
He is really falling from the pedastal that I once put him on.

JMHO, but putting anyone on a pedestal is dangerous business.  They can make no movement, save falling off the darn thing
IA remockered. Imo, it is always wise to remember that this is a tv show and every single one of these contestants go on tv for attention/fame "love" -- even the genuine ones. They are all in the same boat. For me, it is who they are overall despite this that makes them interesting or likable to me.

I really have no problem with Nick posting, he is 34 and single, and hiding under that cardigan of his seems to generate more negative responses/hate than him posting pics of his abs ever will (before he is too ugly, now he is too sexy/shameless? Rolling Eyes ).

Nick is one guy who people don't associate a great body or photos focusing on the exterior so it is actually no different than a guy who posts physical shots all day and then one day posts something philosophical or witty, imo. I'd rather take a guy who I know is smart/witty/funny and if he has a great body that is just icing on the cake rather than a beefcake who has little brains or wit to keep me interested when his muscles disappear as they will. I embrace Nick because he is human, faults and all, that's what makes him interesting to me. jmo

I am also certain that there is strategy in play as to Us Weekly and TPTB and Nick's photos. After all, Nick was the only one in this franchise history who was active on SM while filming.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:40 pm

My two biggest turn offs regarding guys on SM are when they post:

1) Shirtless pics deliberately showing off their body
2) Selfies of just themselves with nothing cool in the back ground (i.e. if they had the Eiffel tower they would have a pass laugh out loud )

I too think he would be ratings gold, but I think he would be a fool to do it again, but I wouldn't complain because it would nothing short of an interesting season IMO.
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:41 pm

Kashathediva wrote:If TPTB could get viewers for Chris Soules--they can get it for anyone.
Thinking even Weekend at Bernie's or the movie Ted.
THIS!!! spitcoffee
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by KK4 Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:41 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I think he would be gold for ratings. JMOAA.
I still would rather him distance himself from the whole enchilada, but I felt the same way with Brad.
Call me crazy, but I'd love to watch a Brad 3
KK4
KK4

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:43 pm

mprssdbyu wrote:In the back of my mind, I have wondered from the start where that smile was coming from post filming. That boy is happy about something. I worry about him being the lead, though. Nick is complicated...will enough of the women have what it takes to put together a show. It will not be believable if they don't cast the right mix and N will not be all in. Hes too intense to play make believe.

ITA, mprssdbyu
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 79 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 63 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

+69
kimberlyg
megaa
Cecilia
mindless
Beagle