SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 39 of 49 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kimmel -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 39 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by nutty1 Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:15 pm

albean99 wrote:First of all just want to say that every season it's the same comments after night one, that the girls (or guys) aren't all that. I think it's because everyone's nervous and not themselves but we'll have some definite favorites once we get to know them better. I remember last season not really being impressed by Chris "Cupcake" but he ended up being my favorite. The twins get on my nerves and hope they're better when not together. That whole finishing each other's sentences and talking at the same time may have been cute when they were much younger but not now.

I think Olivia's very attractive and for me was the one who stood out the most. I had drinks with 2 who aren't spoiled or really into the show and she was the first one they talked about. They also mentioned Lace, the dentist, and Jojo because of the Unicorn and her being from here.

I like Caila and will see what happens but she & Jojo are the only ones I'd like to see as Bachelorette. Amanda's voice/accent puts me off. I also like Lauren B but not sure she'd have stood out much if I didn't know she's the spoiled f1. I do think they were flirty but I usually blur out on the first night unless it's someone I want to pay attention to.

I totally agree Albean!! I really didn't like Cupcake at all, and I ended up hoping he was the next lead! Hey, I am even a huge Ashley S. fan now!!
I also think JoJo would be a great lead. She is pretty but not in a fake way, and seems to have a great personality. I like Calia too. We will see.

I am loving Ben as the lead. It is nice to just have some "normal" for a change. Heck, maybe I am just getting old!!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Kimmel -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 39 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by stuckinsc Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:58 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
nothatgirl wrote:
Mustang19 wrote:I haven't been reading much in the spoiler threads, so wasn't sure who was who. I immediately thought Olivia looked like Cameron Diaz, thought Caila was very pretty, and didn't really see the fuss over Lauren B. Lauren is cute, and seems like one of the "normal" girls, but it's early, so we'll see. Wish he would have kept the chicken girl longer and got rid of Lace.
I don't get the fuss over Lauren either! She seems nice and pretty enough, but nothing about her is making me crazy excited. I think that's probably a f1 thing, though. I remember how loved Jef was on SM from night one and I was just "wait, the 12 year old hipster?".
This is simply m.o. 
Lauren B. seemed refreshingly "normal". She is was very pretty, but not overwhelmingly so. At the same time she seemed very approachable and not stuck on herself or trying to go over the top to make an impression on Ben or the other girls. In many ways she is a mirror image of Ben. Over and over again I am struck by how self deprecating Ben is, he doesn't sell himself as all that. It's an attractive attribute. Maybe he is looking for that mirror image.

I agree Lauren B is wonderfully normal. I think the fact that TPTB left in Ben's statement of a great start and then their cute conversation would have made her noticeable, but without spoilers I doubt everyone would be so hearts and love over her at this point. Honestly, without being spoiled I think about Lauren, Olivia, and JoJo would have stood out as possible matches and each pretty equal in their likelihood of winning. JMO.

Personally, I will enjoy watching two people I think fit and would have been great IRL without the show fall in love.

I really liked that she was confident enough to not need to a schtick, the wings to me were cute, but I liked that it didn't become a central issue.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayana Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:36 pm

There isn't a non-spoiler episode discussion thread this time?

I haven't seen any spoilers yet so I don't know what kind of drama will happen later, but this first episode was quite tame compared to past seasons. I was pretty bored. This might be the first time I like the lead better than the contestants.
Ayana
Ayana

Female Posts : 1009

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:58 pm

Ayana wrote:There isn't a non-spoiler episode discussion thread this time?

I haven't seen any spoilers yet so I don't know what kind of drama will happen later, but this first episode was quite tame compared to past seasons. I was pretty bored. This might be the first time I like the lead better than the contestants.

Here you go.

NO SPOILERS

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzoufan Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:26 pm

Calia is to much like Kaitlin for my taste loud and in your face.

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:37 pm

mizzoufan wrote:Calia is to much like Kaitlin for my taste loud and in your face.
Thank you for your honest opinion and for not making me feel so alone for not being impressed with Caila - in fact she turned me off right out of the limo.  I also don't find her nearly as attractive as Catherine and to me she is the least attractive of the spoiled F4.  IMO her most attractive feature is her hair and she does have beautiful hair but that's where it stops for me.
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzoufan Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:41 pm

SLA44 wrote:
mizzoufan wrote:Calia is to much like Kaitlin for my taste loud and in your face.
Thank you for your honest opinion and for not making me feel so alone for not being impressed with Caila - in fact she turned me off right out of the limo.  I also don't find her nearly as attractive as Catherine and to me she is the least attractive of the spoiled F4.  IMO her most attractive feature is her hair and she does have beautiful hair but that's where it stops for me.
I was expected her to be more like Tenley, with all the disney princess references about her.

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:09 pm

I liked Caila and think she's really pretty but not sure why anyone compared her to Cat pre-season other than them both being of Asian descent. I like her personality and she's outgoing but I don't see any resemblance to Kaitlyn either. There's a natural tendency to try to put them in a slot and compare with previous cast early on but I don't believe it's helpful once the season gets going.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:39 am

SLA44 wrote:
I totally agree with both posts. I don't see her as that attractive. Cute maybe and nice hair but that's about it. And yes, too much in your face and loud to me. I don't care for watching people like that who try to be funny and get attention. To some her entrance (TPTB made her do it doesn't work for me with any of these people) may be cute but to me it wasn't classy. I am not interested in puppets for leads.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:53 am

Did Ben tell tptb that he likes the name Lauren. What is with all the Laurens and P.S. We can do without the CH segments(thank u DVR).

Back to top Go down

Post by Dog&pheonix Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:15 pm

Here are my impressions ,thus far (ALL my opinion & subject to change!):
Ben: I genuinely like him. He comes across as a sincerely 'good' guy. His facial expressions give a lot away. I think he'll have a hard time hiding his true emotions.
Lauren B. : actually resembles her pic and seems sweet. 
Jubilee: another who I recognized from her pics. I respect her , but think the 'don't mess with me' gun and wrestling w her dad was a bit much. I see some cattiness in her. 
Lace: pretty face, big broad shoulders and kookoo. This season's Kelsey.
Mandy:disappointed. She just couldn't follow with anything better after that audition video. And that eye makeup, good lord!! Aaaatrocious!! She is not a pretty lady.
Amanda: squeaky little mouse voice and mousy personality. Blah.
Jo-jo: way prettier on video than in pics. And definitely do NOT see a Becky resemblance. 
Becca/Becky: could she have put any LESS effort into her appearance?! The hair is scraggly and the getup is just awful. Both her and Amber look as though they just rolled out of bed after a week of the flu and grabbed something out of walmarts clearance bin to wear to their invasion. I did find it amusing that he gave Amber a rose well before becks got one. And ppl STILL don't know who poor, vanilla Amber is. Hmm, maybe she should go on another reality show!
Cowgirl Megan: lesbian. Cute pony.
Jamie: ugh, just HAD to bring up Kaitlyn. For this, I already dislike her.
Laura: 'my friends call me red velvet' . um. Sure sweetie. Yea, hes just not into redheads.
Shosshana: really?? Does this girl really not speak a lick of English? And are we really supposed to believe he chose her over that gorgeous girl Jessica w the beautiful eyes? Cmon, she's not even pretty! And my grandma had that same dress! 
Those are all that stand out. I noticed that very Few of these women beared ANY resemblance to their pics online. I guess you can't filter or Photoshop video, eh? 
Can't wait till next week!

Dog&pheonix

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:36 pm

Been away for quite a while, decided to give The Bach another shot after seeing it was Ben. He seems like he's following the normal "heartland USA" value system, which is good.
I hope he continues to follow his heart while using his head. This franchise seems to thrive on controversy and high drama. I hope he does not allow that to totally ruin him.
As for the girls, I have not gone looking for info. I don't want to know.
I did notice quite a few posts regarding Lauren being his possible final choice. My question on that is.... Isn't this the girl who loves living at the beach? Would she genuinely be willing to transplant from bikinis to mountain gear and the cold mountainous Colorado? Or is Ben being set up for heart break of being yet another unsuccessful bachelor.
I really liked Jubilee, but that may be because I'm a military Mom of a female soldier. From her mil training I think she can handle the cattiness of the other girls.
Lace is a train-wreck, funny and insecure, used to getting her own way. Pushy in-your-face-accusations is NOT the way to a man's heart.
Mandi is too far out there to fit into Ben's life or family.
Shushanna probably speaks excellent English and will spring it on the girls for dramatic effect.
Joelle was trying too hard, but more down to earth about it.
Caila....Does she know what her name means in Irish???? Her sense of humor is cute though.
Jami rubbed me the wrong way with name dropping Kaitlyn. Who is YIKES!!!!
I felt bad for Laura. Discrimination towards redheads hurts as much as saying someone is dumb because they are blond.
The twins.... well yes they are kind of cute. But going for the same guy is trouble. Sisterhood should come first, oh well.
I was away from the tv when Amanda arrived. For a second I thought Whitney was back. I did not even know Chris and Whit had broken up. That's how much I've not been paying attention.
I think Amber should go to Married at First Sight if she really does want a husband. She was one of my favs before, but I don't think she's right for Ben.
Becca.... Girl the farmer is back on the market, go there. That would stir up the attention factor. She just does not seem real to me.
Olivia....angling for her own show, decent to look at on camera but ambitious for career in the spotlight. IMHO
Jackie seems normal girl next door, pretty easily fitting into mid-west values.
Too many Laurens. Parent's without imaginations?
Rachel seemed pretty down to earth.
Samantha just passed the bar... wander what kind of law?? She came across as a scared little mouse. Hate to say that, so am hoping she finds her voice.
I wish Tiara would have stayed. She could have hen-pecked well.

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 49 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+52
IWouldMarryAshleyI
california90
bronco18
Mommyof2
Sprite
KB_Mom
theKeptGrits
Dog&pheonix
Ayana
pavalygurl
Ash2214