SELECT CONTENT

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Brill Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:20 pm

lipsis wrote:Guess we don't have many American Idol fans here. I've been watching the season and enjoying it for the most part. Next week is the finale. The F3 are Trent, Dalton and LaPorscha. I'm Team Trent. The crazy teenyboppers (and voters) seem to like Dalton and I think the judges prefer LaPorscha. All three are very different.

Buzzfeed interviewed past Idol contestants and got their feelings on what Idol has meant to them. It's a great walk down memory lane and it's funny how I remember the Idols from long ago better than I do the ones from the past few years.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/american-idol-alums-reveal-what-the-show-meant-to-them#.hdXXpZK18o

Looking forward to the finale next week and the reunion it is sure to be.

Re the bolded!!! I'm Team Trent as well. That young man can sing the phone book.... I'd be shocked if Dalton was in the F2. He got a bad review from all of the judges last night on one of his songs and that is never a good thing to get. They said at the beginning of the year that they hope a gal is the winner. It could be true but Trent is a lot more versatile in my books even though there is no getting away that LaPorscha can sing. I think the judges have seemed like they are pro Trent and LaPorsch for a long while as the F2.

I thought Trent did a smart thing last night singing a country song and dressing country all night. IMO country fans will vote like crazy to get their fav through. Look at Blake over at the Voice.. Anyway I hope he makes it to F1 and if he doesn't I hope he gets signed by someone quickly. Love his voice and his music. :yes: Hugesmile

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 3 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by lipsis Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:00 pm

Hey Brill. Nice to know I'm not alone. It's a good thing the judges don't get a vote anymore. It's the teenage girls that do a majority of the voting so Dalton could stand a chance. That being said, Dalton was in the bottom two last week and LaPorscha was this week. Maybe our Trent has a chance?

Last edited by lipsis on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 3 Samuel10American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 3 Samuel10 American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 3 Family10American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 3 Samuel15American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 3 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye_Fan Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:52 pm

Hey there!  Another AI fan here too.  I love it more than The Voice, and am broken-hearted over the ending coming so soon.  All 3 shows next week should be great, and I hope it kills in the ratings.

I'm team Trent too!  Love him!  I assume you know he auditioned for The Voice last year, but got no chair turns?  I found an article that said he had auditioned, but I couldn't find anything that said it was aired.  Then I found a FB post from a guy named Drew Parker.  He said he and Trent auditioned the same day, but neither got any chairs to turn.  He said Trent "is seriously one of the most genuine human beings I've ever met and comes from a great family!"

This is the article about him auditioning for The Voice if you are interested in reading.  It actually has some interesting info about how the process works for those who weren't sought out.
http://monroecountyjournal.com/2015/03/11/harmon-has-the-voice-to-make-it-to-shows-l-a-auditions/

Buckeye_Fan

Female Posts : 620

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:14 pm

That's nuts that he supposedly had not even one chair turn! I'm team anyone-but-Dalton laugh out loud. I'd love a finale between Trent and LaPorsha.

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 3 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:27 pm

I used to be a huge fan of AI but it's gotten old over the years to me. I love the Voice much more. I do like the current judges but not always what they say. You can tell when the producers want them to diss one of the singers and who they want them to push. My favorite of the 3 is Dalton but not because I think he should win. Far from it. My favorite this season was Olivia and I was sad to see her go early.

I think La Portia should win but guys always have the advantage on these shows. I think her voice is incredible although not my type of singer. I'm sorry just not a fan of Trent at all. I wanted him sent home long ago. GH has done better each week lately so can see him deserving to be in the f2 but still will hope for La Portia.

I think it's too bad they shortened the season so much that we really haven't had a chance to get to know the singers. I just hear that they cut the tour this summer also which is a shame. You'd think they'd have it one more time.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15310

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:51 pm

Reminder on the schedule for this week:

Tues: 90 minute retrospective
Wed: 1 hour F2 performance show
Thu: 2 hour grand finale and the winner is crowned

Also, I hadn't heard about Trents Voice audition. Those judges should be kicking themselves right now. It's funny about the Voice, I think they get the better talent but their winners have gone no where. I don't think I could even name one.

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 3 Samuel10American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 3 Samuel10 American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 3 Family10American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 3 Samuel15American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 3 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:49 am

There's a lot of former cast in these pics & videos including some of my favorites over the years. I'm glad it's not just a bunch of the winners over the years. Happy to see Chris Daughtry there. He was my favorite in season 5 so glad he's doing well over the years and another season 5 alum, Katherine McPhee is on Scorpion which we like a lot.

Finale Rehearsals- Mj's Big Blog

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:04 am

I gave up on AI long ago, I can't stand JLo, but love MacKenzie and his uniqueness since he was on the Voice

As for Trent not getting a chair to turn, he might have had a real bad song choice. That is a big difference between AI and the Voice, on AI they can see you and the nerves and still give you the chance, unfortunately on the Voice it is just that, bad pitch, cracks, getting behind all can lead to not getting there. The Voice actually has many who come back after no chairs, though none to win.

I like Trent the last couple of weeks, so probably want him to win.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:36 am

I liked Mackenzie more earlier on. I love his own song and hear he's releasing it as a single.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:55 am

Thanks for the link, Bean. I'm really looking forward to Thursday night. Some of my long ago faves are there. Chris Daughtry is one of my all time favorites. I love me some Mindy Doo. David Cook is supposed to perform (not sure if it's live or taped). Glad to see so many returnees. Hoping Randy, Paula and Simon pay a visit too. And what the heck, bring back Gunkleman.

lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:06 am

I have not watched AI for quite some time . I really like the concept of The Voice much better. I did watch last Thursday and really liked Dalton and Trent. I just have a question are those really Daltons real eyes?
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:23 am

Under the makeup? Yes, I think so.

lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers*

+16
california90
Nibbles22
MiniDiva
whit90
stuckinsc