SELECT CONTENT

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 4 Empty Re: American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by whit90 Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:45 pm

lipsis wrote:Under the makeup? Yes, I think so.
TY  :cutesmile!:
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 4 Empty Re: American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by albean99 Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:46 pm

I think they're real also. I work at an Optometrist office and have seen many colored contacts but none that make your eyes look like that. Smiley

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15310

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye_Fan Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:39 pm

What I don't like about The Voice and do like about AI is the judges on AI can be honest instead of busting their brains trying to come up with nice things to say when somebody has really tanked. Nastiness isn't necessary, but I end up FFing a lot through The Voice because I get tired of the fakeness. I also can't stand Carson Daly. He's probably a nice enough guy, but even after all these years he's still very wooden. I feel that Ryan is a lot more genuine.

I got to see David Cook in concert a few weeks ago. Loved it! And as a side note, I was surprised that his opening act was Tony Lucca. If the name sounds familiar, he was the guy from The Voice S3 who was on The Mickey Mouse Club with Xtina. At some point during the competition on The Voice, she said something rather snide about him during her critique (so much for my complaint about being too nice!), although I don't remember exactly what it was.

Buckeye_Fan

Female Posts : 623

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:05 pm

^^^
I stopped watching AI because to me it is more of a popularity contest. I like the Voice because the coaches actually work with each contestant and they give their honest opinion of how they can improve. I also love the fact that at the beginning they chose their contestants by their voice not what they look like. 
I did love AI when it first started some great artist have become famous from this show. I love Chris D , Adam Lambert, David Cook, and Carrie Underwood. JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:21 pm

Buckeye_Fan wrote:What I don't like about The Voice and do like about AI is the judges on AI can be honest instead of busting their brains trying to come up with nice things to say when somebody has really tanked.  Nastiness isn't necessary, but I end up FFing a lot through The Voice because I get tired of the fakeness.  I also can't stand Carson Daly.  He's probably a nice enough guy, but even after all these years he's still very wooden.  I feel that Ryan is a lot more genuine.

I got to see David Cook in concert a few weeks ago.  Loved it!  And as a side note, I was surprised that his opening act was Tony Lucca.  If the name sounds familiar, he was the guy from The Voice S3 who was on The Mickey Mouse Club with Xtina.  At some point during the competition on The Voice, she said something rather snide about him during her critique (so much for my complaint about being too nice!), although I don't remember exactly what it was.

Tony Lucca was season 2, the XTina and Adam war allowed Blakes guy, who had been an Alicia Keyes backup singer to sneak in and win. I do agree the voice coaches have stopped giving the more honest critiques I enjoyed. I still enjoy the coach mentee interaction. I also am over Blake, Cassadee Pope and Danielle Bradbury both had great potential and he and all his Nashville "sway" got them no where. I enjoy Matt McAndrew (season 7 runner up) and Sawyer Fredricks (season 8 champ) and listen to both their independent music on my iPod. Adam Levine acknowledged that the show and label needed to do better by their former champs and other stars last season.

Carson bugs me too, but Ryan makes my skin crawl. What he reminds me of should not be written here.

Talents like Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are once in a lifetime. The rest of the AI alums are not all that impressive to me. JMO

Last edited by stuckinsc on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:27 pm

I like Ryan and Carson. I thought Carson was pretty bad in season 1 but think he got better and I love it when he's with the families cheering with them.

We're finally watching Idol from the other day. I thought Mackenzie did well and am glad he got to have his hometown visit. I had forgotten about him being so sick when he was young. Mj's has an interview with Mackenzie where he talks about Idol. He's going to be on Kelly & Michael tomorrow. http://www.mjsbigblog.com/mackenzie-bourg-talks-frankly-about-american-idol-285053.htm

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:29 pm

I will have to record that. I really like MacKenzie, but I like the singer song writers best.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:36 pm

Apparently MacKenzie is a good friend of Graham Bunn (Six Degrees of Bachelor Separation). Graham pimped him on his IG every week.

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 4 Samuel10American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 4 Samuel10 American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 4 Family10American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 4 Samuel15American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 4 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:31 pm

Anyone watch the retrospective last night? I really enjoyed it. It's nice to see so many past contestants being so appreciative of the experience.

Thursday's family should be amazing with so many returnees. All the former Idols except Kelly Clarkson who I can't travel due to pregnancy, will share the stage together. Can't wait.

While I'm not sad it's ending, I'm glad it's getting a good send off.

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 4 Samuel10American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 4 Samuel10 American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 4 Family10American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 4 Samuel15American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 4 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:52 pm

We haven't watched it yet because we were catching up on the Voice and other shows but definitely plan on it. We'll watch tonight although I'm less interested in this season than I am in seeing some of my favorites in the finale.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by leselihau Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:47 am

I watched the retro show on Tuesday....it was GREAT! I think it's interesting that they are saying it's not necessarily ending...will be back in some capacity I bet.

I can't wait for tonight's show. I like both of the final 2 and am ok with either one winning. Not that it matters what I think! Smiley

leselihau

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:42 am

I would love if Trent won tonight but it makes no difference in the end. Both will be signed with someone and make a record. The title is just a title at this point. Like Bean said, I'm watching tonight more for the Idol alums than for the winner crowning.

lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers*

+16
california90
Nibbles22
MiniDiva
whit90
stuckinsc