SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - General  Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by nd4reality Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:34 pm

fifty I do and basing my comments on other seasons (us) that I have watched. Most of this post is about the f2 edit.

The editing for the final contestants typically has a crescendo. But they rise and fall at different times. the f2 has to be made a viable opponent for the f1 at the end to justify his/her presence and to create suspense for the finale.
Matty to me is getting a classic f2 edit. I'm not saying that rules him out of f1 but his edit is not so. He is getting a major push in scrrentime. He is the all In guy after barely one SQT. They love to take the over eager, often gullible guy to the end. The latest example of this was the last Bette season with Robby. Similar edit in terms of later connection and then a strong risee in screentime, him gushing about her and declaring his feelings on first SD etc. classic.

Just wanted to say that he may be f1 but edit wise in a normal season he is f2.

Other minor hints that he is not f1 is their conversations which IMO have not been of substance edit wise. We know barely anything about him, him and G, and whether they have common goals for the future. I think some has been hinted but not shown as a discussion. At this point Matty is all in. Where's the obstacle to overcome? There is nothing and that is classic f2 also. They are all in without a doubt about the relationship or any other obstacle for that matter. All they can see is the bride In White at the alter. They are the ones that have picked out the silver ware before the end of their first dates. Classic f2.

I could be wrong and probably am but these are general patterns. Robby, Chris L Ben f Jason all f2 with similar late starts and falling early and in the bachelor tv world, hard. There are examples of bachelorette contestants also like tenley Chantal and Lindsey though Sean's season had both f2s barely on his radar till ep3.

Oh and a typical red flag for me (historically speaking) is that the f1 is never shown too much in the promo. I've said this many times when sleuthing the season preview.but we do get a lot of SCs for the f2 or f3. They are the focus of the preview. This one has Matty all over it. He would be whom I call NOT f1 just based on that alone. Again I could be wrong and probably am but this is what I have picked up.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - General  Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:53 pm

I absolutely agree with the F2 all in edit. Think Nikki, Michael. Some may say Alex was all in too but she had the "I am a mother" obstacle edit. I am almost certain Matty is F2 but the F1 position is still up in the air. If Courtney makes it past HTDs I would say he gets it but if its between Lee and Jake then I will bet on Lee getting in

Back to top Go down

Post by 4health Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:15 pm

see2love wrote:I absolutely agree with the F2 all in edit. Think Nikki, Michael. Some may say Alex was all in too but she had the "I am a mother" obstacle edit. I am almost certain Matty is F2 but the F1 position is still up in the air. If Courtney makes it past HTDs I would say he gets it but if its between Lee and Jake then I will bet on Lee getting in

The edit is my favorite part and especially when we get it right. This time I see the edit so different then most here and I will probably be the one poster that will eat the most crow.....I love crow right!

4health

Female Posts : 1493

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:27 pm

We've all eaten crow at one time or two, its a rite of passage for passionate fans. Lol . All in good company

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:28 pm

see2love wrote:I absolutely agree with the F2 all in edit. Think Nikki, Michael. Some may say Alex was all in too but she had the "I am a mother" obstacle edit. I am almost certain Matty is F2 but the F1 position is still up in the air. If Courtney makes it past HTDs I would say he gets it but if its between Lee and Jake then I will bet on Lee getting in

No offence to anyone and this is OT and a dead horse but Richie taking Alex to f2 and then dumping her is really a possibility that should have tipped everyone offthat she was not the f2 Jmo.

Anyway back to this season, my head is all but exploding with the pros and cons of how the edits, SCs and BTS stuff for each guy.
Keeping that iin mind I still go as per what I had posted last week with Lee still at f1 if Jake does not get a second SQT. From what is sleuthed he does not so Lee f1 is still what I read as per standard (not an oddball IMO season like Sean laugh out loud) bachelor/bachette sleithung. But I'm going to be eating crow but will happily since I like it roasted with spices laugh out loud.

nd4reality
nd4reality

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:39 pm

I posted this in the F1-F6 thread but relevant here too --> the thing is after the backlash of Richie/Alex and the real world outcomes of lower viewership for this season of Bette, I would be shocked if the outcome wasn't a feel good love story. Like the whole country was so pissed! It would be a big risk for TPTB to go for a completely weird edit a la Alex...
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:44 pm

I don't think this season is the same as Richie's.

In his season, Alex/F1 was disliked from the getgo by the majority of viewers and equivalent to how Courtney is disliked by viewers.

Based on sleuthing, Courtney is eliminated after HTDs, so the F3 will be much more well-liked overall for F1 and none of them are disliked by majority of viewers like Courtney is.

So I don't see it as the same, regardless of who is F2, since I think most viewers will just be glad that F1 is not Courtney and be fine with whomever else is by default since at least it's not Courtney.

Plus, the show can highlight the F1 lovestory more by FDs and finale and with Courtney gone, it's more like a regular season, imo.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:53 pm

After 20 seasons of TB and TBette in the US, the producers still follow the same formula. Their experts editors are good at what they do to show and hide the outcome.

Just on this board alone with seasoned sleuths, so many sleuthing unspoiled were convinced that Robbie was f1 or even Chase or the cowboy were it. It's the editing.
Not to be crass but aus will get with the program. We've had our share of having the rug pulled from under our feet. Prior to RS and even after. That is precisely why he got popular with many, because they didn't want to be hurt after rooting for their fav who never was the winner because they are edited to be perfect for the lead.
Tptb are in the business of shock and not a love story - aus now has their own laugh out loud.

Btw I still cannot understand why everyone was so shocked about the outcome? It was not that hidden. Jmo.

nd4reality
nd4reality

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:58 pm

It was kinda broader than just dislike of Alex vs like of Nikki, the general consensus was that Richie thought with his genitals rather than brain and that was on the back of a season where the lead was considered a trainwreck.

In Australia, all of the leads and winners so far have stayed together except for Blake and he's a joke. So it's not really about a twist ending, its more about the love story. Like with Sam W everyone was guessing F2 Lana would win but were delighted with Snez. Both love stories were clear there though!

Maybe production/editing is changing things up but that didn't translate well previously so you never know...
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:00 pm

The Bach/Bette AU shows are now produced by the US shows (since Richie's season) which are known for blindsiding and drama over anything else so I won't be surprised if that's the direction they go from now on.

Another issue is that there's no RS but the paparazzi know the F1 for this season as they did for Richie's season so it could be the show edits the F1 to be more hidden to try combat this.

Hopefully they will realize this is self-defeating and that while drama is fine, the love story needs to be shown as well, regardless of whether the media/paparazzi know who the F1 is or not.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:06 pm

Yeah I know they're produced by the US people now but at the end of the day it's about TV ratings and Australia is a different beast to the USA, especially in terms of the expectation of a show like this. In Oz, there isn't any sex shown on this and the timeslot is 7.30 and there aren't like multiple kisses in group date (or at least that's never shown!).

I feel the US is more about intrigue and Oz is more about love... At least in the past!
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:09 pm

brownravens wrote:It was kinda broader than just dislike of Alex vs like of Nikki, the general consensus was that Richie thought with his genitals rather than brain

Not to go too off-topic, but I do think it had to do with Alex more than anything else, and regardless of F2.
I think if Richie had chosen Nikki then majority of viewers would have thought of Richie in a very positive light.
So for me it was definitely that he chose Alex that the backlash ensued far more than anything else.

Many a lead is a dud but as long as the dud chooses the F1 that the majority of viewers like the lead gets a pass.
Backlash usually happens when the lead chooses someone the majority of viewers dislike or when the lead/F1 break up post-show or have scandal like Blake (even then, if Blake had stayed with Sam he would have gotten a pass despite his behavior on the show, imo).

Back to Georgia: I think that as long as she doesn't pick someone who is not disliked for F1 then the majority of viewers will be happy.
I have seen many comments on SM about Courtney and how disliked he is and how viewers would prefer any of the other guys to Courtney so I think Georgia has that in her favor when it comes to FRC with Courtney eliminated before then.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+21
Bobette
Just Looking
Norcalgal
Sprite
nylonvagabond
brownravens
nd4reality
Stripe
ploptastic
LoveDovez
ThankMeLater