SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:51 am

Another pic from the NW article:

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 0gy4NhZ

Source

Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by mercieme Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:36 am

mercieme wrote:List of Outdoor Activities from Matty's IG
Noting down outdoor activities that Matty has posted on his IG. Once the girls' SM pages become open (hopefully); we can check out if there is a girl out there that has posted about similar activities. Please add on any activity i missed to the list...TIA.

Surfing
Swimming
Boating
Hiking
Dirt Bike Riding
Sky Diving
Cliff Jumping
Fishing
Biking
Camping
Skiing
Rock Climbing

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:32 pm

Bobette wrote:  

Now, for future research and comparison, I am leaving these kissing GIFs here.  For RESEARCH, ok people?  

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:36 am

Bobette wrote:
mercieme wrote:@Bobette please bring this gif over when you have a chance, thanks.

https://twitter.com/BacheloretteAU/status/789027446628585472

Your wish is my command.  Important research.

Source

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:17 am

Headshots from the pre-season promos.  All 22 girls pictured.  

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 7hpe4D3

Source: Tenplay
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:42 pm

https://www.facebook.com/TheBachelorAU/videos/1615943 :
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:53 am

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:29 pm

Matty Pre Premier Episode Interview with DT
mercieme wrote:An interview with DT... a few things that i noted, he admits to wanting to live up to people's expectations; he thought of his sister before he made his decision at the FRC....we should probably note if his sister nudged him in one direction or the other during the MTP; his sister Kate is only one year older than him.....it explains why they appear so close IMO; while the GL's season was airing, folks were hitting him up whenever articles and promos came out....IMO I bet he is been hit up already asking if Laura was his F1 laugh out loud

Matty Johnson is handsome, well-educated, funny; so why is he a TV Bachelor?

It's the kind of phrase which would leave his adoring fans in disbelief. Matthew Johnson, known as "Matty J", might be the chosen man to star in The Bachelor but he admits romance has never been his strong point.

"I think initially I wouldn't consider myself a big romantic," he says. "But I think the more we progressed through the show the more I realised I actually kind of am. I think everybody does want to have that fairytale."

"I think maybe, I know that guys, myself included, definitely struggle to talk about their emotions," he admits.

Johnson credits the women in his family for helping him bring out a softer side.
In other words, Matty J is now Fabio without the hair and the horse. It's a role he understands all too well.

"I was obviously really excited to meet all the women [but] at the same time I felt a lot of pressure as well on my shoulders, you know, that it's not an easy task to be The Bachelor, people have a certain expectation," Johnson says. "I was kind of hoping on that first night that I was going to live up to it."

Ten's casting agents were confident in their man. But because he is impossibly nice, well-educated, funny, handsome and self-deprecating, only a self-appointed "Agony Aunt" can get to the bottom of why on earth Matty J was still single in the first place.
He laughs when asked what happened but blames years of travel and work, with a subtle nod to the fun side of being a bachelor in his 20s.
"I think for me, timing plays a pretty huge role.  When I was living in London my priorities weren't so much about finding 'the one', it was more about travelling the world and getting those experiences under my belt, then after that, career was my main focus," Johnson says. "I think now that I've moved back to Sydney, my priorities were definitely to settle down."

Johnson is, of course, already familiar to viewers after he was runner-up in The Bachelorette last year. In a piece of excruciating television, Johnson looked as though he had been sucker-punched when he was rejected by Georgia Love.

It was almost the classic scenario of the nice guy not getting the girl and Johnson admits his family advised him to be cautious about going on television again.

"I think it would have been easier for me if I didn't know what it felt like," he says. "As the weeks progressed it definitely got harder and harder when I was hoping it would get easier."

It is probably impolite to tell the winner this in advance (ahead of the show airing) but there was actually another woman Johnson was thinking of before the final rose ceremony, which was filmed earlier this year. It was his sister Kate, who is a year older than him.

"Normally in day to day life, I turn to my sister straight away, kind of like 'hey, this is the situation, what do you recommend?'," Johnson says, of the decision-making on the show. "That was the hardest part, I think … not having that luxury of having that person in your family so close."

He admits even as a teenager he "wasn't overly confident" and relied on Kate as a guide with girls. "Like if I had a crush, for example, the first person I would turn to would be my sister. How do I attempt this? What do you recommend? Or I would show her a text message and say 'Can you decipher this for me, what does it actually mean?'"

Now his own choice has been made for The Bachelor, Johnson's main role is to keep the result a secret (for now) despite the interest from fans and media.

"It is pretty surreal, even now, I'm kind of oblivious to it all. I think probably last year was the most strange because whenever an article would come out or a promo would appear on TV all my friends and family would message me and all remind me this had just come out," he says.

"But now I think I feel a bit more accustomed to it. So I think doing The Bachelorette was kind of the perfect warm-up for doing The Bachelor."
Source

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:30 pm

Matty Pre Premier Episode Interview with GC Bulletin

mercieme wrote:An interview with Gold Coast Bulletin, they asked him which one of the GC girls he ends up with laugh out loud, they showed a picture of Tara meeting Matty Smiley  Matty said he used the group date to compare how the girls were with him on their SD versus how they treated other girls on GDs, smart move IMO. And the reporter asks him if he ends up with Osher: they show a picture of him and Osher at the M&G and title it as "they make a cute couple" Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 3806527698

Ladies, there’s one thing Bachelor Matty J can’t stand in a woman ...
A NATION’S heart broke when Bachelorette Georgia Love told a smitten Matty J that her heart didn’t belong with him, but now we’re all the more ready to watch him fall in love all over again. This time, he says there’s a happy ending.

Q. So there are a couple of Gold Coast girls in this series, which one did you end up with?

A. I think you know I can’t say anything about that ... but what I will say is I grew up in Brisbane and I know a lot of Gold Coast girls. I think they’re very down to earth, easy going and love the outdoors.

Gold Coast woman Tara meeting Matty J on The Bachelor.
Q. So what’s your biggest turn off in a girl?

A. My biggest turn off is somebody who’s rude or arrogant, that by far — initially when you have a conversation — that’s one of the things that deters me. One big thing for me is if we go to a bar or restaurant if they’re rude to the waiter, especially because I worked in hospitality when I was younger. I like someone who has sense of humour and is confident, but not arrogant.

Q. What’s the difference between confidence and arrogance, in your opinion?

A. I think the difference is arrogant people who think very highly of themselves, won’t ask questions about you and they only talk about themselves.

Confidence is just something you can sense in someone, it emanates from them.

Q. Where do you stand on the concept of making women compete for your love?

A. The Bachelor is interesting in the sense that it is a competition where every week someone gets evicted, but I also believe that they’re not really competing against each other. There’s nothing you can do to win other than being yourself. I don’t view it as a comp, when I was one of the guys we didn’t feel like we were being pitted against each other, Georgia would pick who she liked the most.

Q. Apart from the things like wrestling or cliff diving where you’re literally pitted against each other ...

A. I mean there are games; those rare occasions are in fun and in jest.

Q. It must be hard though, because you want the girls to show they care but also not be too competitive. If they’re not competitive they might not get noticed. How do they do both?

A. It’s a bit of a balance. You want people to care and try, but you don’t want them to become over-competitive or nasty. It’s about being invested but being respectful to others. And again I think that’s just a natural thing, just be yourself and whatever’s meant to happen will happen.

Q. Being a former contestant, you know how it all works. Was that any help to you being on the other side?

A. I think it was definitely helpful for myself knowing how the show works, the milestones and things, but it was also a negative for me going into rose ceremonies and knowing how hard it is to stand there. But I would like to think through the entire process I was considerate and caring.

Q. On the show, do you prefer group dates or one on one dates?

Obviously I love the one on one dates, but group dates can be more revealing in a way than one on ones. You sometimes learn more about a girl by just observing. It’s interesting to see how people are one on one compared to group dates. That’s why I was looking forward to group dates to see how each girl acts among other girls, if their demeanour changes, how they’d be polite to me but rude to others. Group dates are an opportunity to see true personalities. I went in with a mindset of not trying to catch people out or see if people are there for the wrong reasons, but I am intuitive to who people are.

Q. Over this whole experience, what have you learned about yourself?

A. I think the biggest thing about myself is having more confidence in who I am as a person. Initially I thought “How can I maintain the personality of the perfect man: The Bachelor,” and I realised all I had to do was be myself and that was the main thing. I knew there was no guarantee anyone would fall in love with me. I just hoped I lived up to expectation. And I did for one person, which I’m very happy about.

Q. Was it Osher?

A. It wasn’t Osher.
Source

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:34 pm

Matty Pre Premier Episode Intevie with Adelaide Now
Hearts_And_Roses wrote:Another interview with Matty - http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/television/the-bachelor-matty-johnson-confirms-he-kissed-many-women-to-find-love-but-he-was-selective/news-story/de9e289c20ae997be7a26e6b1e0e7bc4

I'm so excited - it sounds like he picks the slow burn of his season!!!

"The sad news for the women still hoping for their chance to date the 29-year-old is the fact he’s now officially off the market.

Finding love on season five of the Channel 10 search-for-love series was not a given for Johnson, who previously had his heart broken by The Bachelorette Georgia Love.

But after going through the process - this time as the object of affection in control of his romantic destiny - Johnson tells TV Guide he is confident he has found what he was looking for a second time around: the one.

“If [The Bachelor] never went to air, I’d be happy because I’ve already got what I wanted out of this experience and that’s love,” Johnson says.

Just who he has fallen for remains shrouded in secrecy, but paparazzi shots circulating of the final rose ceremony have already threatened to steal his TV thunder.

What he will say is his decision was only made at the very end of the series — and it wasn’t love at first sight.

“Definitely on night one, I wasn’t like ‘that’s the person.’ It wasn’t that clear to me at all. It was something that over time developed. It took a number of dates before feelings started to get stronger...it was not until that very last moment where I did make that decision.”

Not that there isn’t plenty of action from the first to last episode, with the heartthrob courting the 22 women in a series of adventurous dates, including sky diving, wakeboarding and at least one, soaring helicopter flight.

There’s also plenty of the other kind of action, fans: pashing.

“I did kiss more than one person [but] I was very selective with the kiss,” he teases. “I wouldn’t just kiss purely because I went on a date with somebody. I only kissed if I really felt it.”

Not kissing all the ladies tormented Johnson at times, he says, but there was a pecking order.

“If you’re the person on the date and they you get to that moment where there’s a rose and you get a peck on the cheek, then it’s almost like that was sending mixed signals. How do you articulate to somebody that just because you didn’t receive a kiss, it’s not a bad thing...that sometimes taking things slow is the right thing to do.”

Keeping his new love secret has been a unique complication for the adventurous spirit, who is just desperate to go public with the woman he hopes to spend the rest of his life with.

“My mum and my sister know the result but even my closest friends, my best mate is like, ‘well, what is she like?’ and I’m like, ‘she’s great!’ And then they say ‘well, what colour hair does she have? What job does she do, or where does she live?’ and I’d say ‘I can’t tell you that. It’s been so frustrating.”

“Just going public for the first time will be great. Just to get a coffee...or maybe, book that helicopter again,’” he hints.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:36 pm

The Bachelor AU Executive Producer Pre Premier Interview with the Herald
LeapofFaith wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/the-bachelor-australia-2017-melbourne-ladies-lust-over-matty-j/news-story/4118c08fc8d4a735ebc39cd9f47c86ab

From article

Executive producer Hilary Innes said The Bachelor, which launches on Wednesday, was all about romance this season.
“Where it ended for him on The Bachelorette (being dumped by Georgia Love) is a big reason why we got a lot of great girls turning up on the casting tour, hoping it was him.

We have a very romantic love story.”

I hope tptb bloody show the love story this season and don't hide it!! Please be true :fingersarecrossed

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+10
Billysmom
Just Looking
Valancy
SugarAndSpice
BasicallytheFBI
GuardianAngel
Bobette
mercieme
carraiger
AllAboutLove
14 posters