SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Page 64 of 66 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 64 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Post by pbmax Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:18 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
jashfan wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/those-think-rachel-settled-bachelorette-183015451.html

A different perspective about the whole Rachel /Bryan/Peter situation. Nice read.

:claphands to this article. This article expresses so much of what I felt throughout the season and why I posted how I was disgusted and appalled at how SM/Media went after Rachel, the first black bachelorette, like she was less deserving of what every. single. other. bachelorette. before her had received. The undertones of that were not lost on me when the only variable was that Rachel was a black bachelorette and SM/media making her out to be some desperate person who should settle for something less than what SHE wanted without being said to be some desperate woman who just wanted a ring and praising the guy who said that it would essentially be a "sacrifice" for him. Sorry but to me just the idea that Rachel's right to have the relationship she wanted in no way shape or form I saw as something for SM/media to lambaste her for. There's no default here when Rachel chooses for herself what type of man and relationship SHE wants for her life.

JMO

IA with your post. Rachel said she would choose someone she couldn't see herself without, this is what she told Bryan and chose him. She could see herself without Peter so the question of settling is answered.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 64 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Post by Seabear Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:40 pm

pbmax wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:
jashfan wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/those-think-rachel-settled-bachelorette-183015451.html

A different perspective about the whole Rachel /Bryan/Peter situation. Nice read.

:claphands to this article. This article expresses so much of what I felt throughout the season and why I posted how I was disgusted and appalled at how SM/Media went after Rachel, the first black bachelorette, like she was less deserving of what every. single. other. bachelorette. before her had received. The undertones of that were not lost on me when the only variable was that Rachel was a black bachelorette and SM/media making her out to be some desperate person who should settle for something less than what SHE wanted without being said to be some desperate woman who just wanted a ring and praising the guy who said that it would essentially be a "sacrifice" for him. Sorry but to me just the idea that Rachel's right to have the relationship she wanted in no way shape or form I saw as something for SM/media to lambaste her for. There's no default here when Rachel chooses for herself what type of man and relationship SHE wants for her life.

JMO

IA with your post. Rachel said she would choose someone she couldn't see herself without,  this is what she told Bryan and chose him. She could see herself without Peter so the question of settling is answered.

@jashfan Wonderful Article and Spot On IMO.:claphands  
ITA with @AllAboutLove and @pbmax on your comments too. :claphands :claphands

I have been disturbed with how this season was presented by TPTB and how it was received by the viewers. Rachel was a very good Bachelorette and an excellent representative for all women IMO. One thing I find very disappointing is that we finally had a wonderfully diverse cast filled with smart, interesting and very good looking men AND in spite of this the two Fan Favorites based on SM are both white male model types. IMO this just is a sad commentary on where we are in society. hmmm  This article just affirms that bias IMO. hmmm
All JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Murakamee Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:26 pm

Seabear wrote:
pbmax wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:

JMO

IA with your post. Rachel said she would choose someone she couldn't see herself without,  this is what she told Bryan and chose him. She could see herself without Peter so the question of settling is answered.

I have been disturbed with how this season was presented by TPTB and how it was received by the viewers. Rachel was a very good Bachelorette and an excellent representative for all women IMO. One thing I find very disappointing is that we finally had a wonderfully diverse cast filled with smart, interesting and very good looking men AND in spite of this the two Fan Favorites based on SM are both white male model types. IMO this just is a sad commentary on where we are in society. hmmm  This article just affirms that bias IMO. hmmm
All JMO

Yes @jashfan excellent article. Thank you for sharing!

I agree with everyone who has commented. @Seabear you emphasized something poignant about who the fan favorites turned out to be, and most important who the focus centered on throughout the season. Three white males: Lee, Dean, and Peter. There were people empathizing with Lee as well after MTA, which I found mind blowing - to say the least. I think this season has been a disturbing study in psychology and sociology.
Murakamee
Murakamee

Female Posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:28 pm

Really good article although it could pretty much apply any season ... not just for the first black Bette.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:31 pm

Seabear wrote:

All JMO

Well, to be fair, both guys were favorites with Rachel as well, having made it to the F4. I did wonder during the season if Rachel was a bit more focused on looks than the norm.

Rachel let go of some guys who seemed to be smart and interesting -- Anthony and Will, for instance. Diggy looked like he was fun, and Alex is also fun and has lots of fans.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Murakamee Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:37 pm

Amethyst wrote:
Seabear wrote:

All JMO

Well, to be fair, both guys were favorites with Rachel as well, having made it to the F4. I did wonder during the season if Rachel was a bit more focused on looks than the norm.

Rachel let go of some guys who seemed to be smart and interesting -- Anthony and Will, for instance. Diggy looked like he was fun, and Alex is also fun and has lots of fans.

I would cross Will off that list. Her reasons for letting him go were pretty obvious to me. I just wish she would have let Peter go as well once she knew he wasn't all there. That's one of the things that annoyed me. But I get it, he was most likely telling her things that made her think they had a real future, and then backing off - wash, rinse, repeat. Will wasn't doing that. JMO.
Murakamee
Murakamee

Female Posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:39 pm

I wish Rach had taken Peter to the FRC and dumped his azz just like so many other bachelorettes have done in the past. Peter got off so easy IMO he should be thanking his lucky stars for the grace Rachel DID show him Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 64 4256136633

JMO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:42 pm

I wonder if things would have gone better with Will if she had given him a 1-on-1 earlier in the season. Will said on his ABC bio that he tends to be reserved at first with women, so he might have loosened up in time. I liked him.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:44 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:I wish Rach had taken Peter to the FRC and dumped his azz just like so many other bachelorettes have done in the past. Peter got off so easy IMO he should be thanking his lucky stars for the grace Rachel DID show him.

JMO

Amen! That what I say. I wish she had done just that. The way he behave she didn't need to be sensitive to him. Had she done that then it would have been clear and no doubt to her choice.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:16 am

AllAboutLove wrote:I wish Rach had taken Peter to the FRC and dumped his azz just like so many other bachelorettes have done in the past. Peter got off so easy IMO he should be thanking his lucky stars for the grace Rachel DID show him  Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 64 4256136633  

JMO

This is worth quoting again. I wish she played his bluff and kept him after the fight. I wonder if then he'd take himself out, since he'd been on the verge of trying all season long, but not quite.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:12 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:I wish Rach had taken Peter to the FRC and dumped his azz just like so many other bachelorettes have done in the past. Peter got off so easy IMO he should be thanking his lucky stars for the grace Rachel DID show him  Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 64 4256136633  

JMO

This is worth quoting again. I wish she played his bluff and kept him after the fight. I wonder if then he'd take himself out, since he'd been on the verge of trying all season long, but not quite.

RACHEL had the entire season to take Peter out. Yes, it is edited and Peter no doubt did the push and pull, yet we clearly see EACH DATE they have, that he clearly states at one time or another, I AM NOT READY TO PROPOSE. What more can he do? No, he didn't pull out. Maybe he had feelings. People say he dumped a gf, was interested for a long time in the show and wanted to expand his biz. Sounds like most of the players aka contestants on the show. I think he fell for her. He couldn't get there in two months. I want his as Bach selfishly, yet I think even then he couldn't get there. Catch 22. IMO.
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:11 am

Y
Kels0012 wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:

JMO

RACHEL had the entire season to take Peter out. Yes, it is edited and Peter no doubt did the push and pull, yet we clearly see EACH DATE they have, that he clearly states at one time or another, I AM NOT READY TO PROPOSE. What more can he do? No, he didn't pull out. Maybe he had feelings. People say he dumped a gf, was interested for a long time in the show and wanted to expand his biz. Sounds like most of the players aka contestants on the show. I think he fell for her. He couldn't get there in two months. I want his as Bach selfishly, yet I think even then he couldn't get there. Catch 22. IMO.

I also would love to see him as the bachelor... I want to see him every week.Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 64 2498057887 Maybe he couldn't get there with a Rachel but maybe he could with someone else. Calling the shots, having more control and maybe finding the love of his life. I'd love to see that. And even the crap that would follow for him to be able to get to a proposal after 2.5 months would be worth it. Maybe he would get to the end and decide to be committed but not engaged, that would be great too. I know heads would explode but everybody deserves a chance at finding love. JMO.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 64 of 66 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

+100
richmondrose
everglow
appiah01
Billysmom
composer53
violetstoo
Seab21
TheWrongReasons
KK4
Nativenewyorker
likeashipblown