SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11

Page 60 of 80 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 70 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 60 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11

Post by nd4reality Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:46 am

sdmom wrote:From the above interview, she feels truly "blessed"....hmmm ... who used that word last episode?
Hugesmile

Raises hand...Bryan. And he's used it on Instagram posts also.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 60 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11

Post by djogbenyuie Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:49 am

The only way that is happening for the majority is if Peter leaves on his own.
Or the breakup was mutual between them.
I feel like viewer's own love for Peter will prevent them from falling in love with Bryan. And that's human and it is just what it is. Some that just love Rachel will come around though.
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles22 Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:01 am

I think the viewers 'falling in love' with Peter was all RS's fault.   JMO.   RS spoils to the world that Peter is the one that Rachel is engaged to, and in turn, he's basically the only one that 'spoiled' people care about.    They fell in love with Peter because
Rachel fell in love with Peter.  Again, jmo, because I've seen nothing on camera that would make me, as a viewer fall in love with
him.   Then when RS retracts his original spoiler those fans (now loyalists) of Peter, basically are on attack @ Bryan.

I just think that whole thing is so unfortunate, because as a viewer if you watch the show,  you were missing the love story right in front of your eyes.  It's wonderful to see Rachel so happy, and it's Bryan and his love and enthusiasm that has her walking on air!   JMO
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1358

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:08 am

@Nibbles22 i agree.

This tends to happen that whomever RS spoiled MINUS any slander, get to be the fan fav. Most seasons.

Folks cannot change course easily.

and in this case, the general public has not changed much.

I have my theories on this which may not be postable.

And my thoughts on why our board is unique as well.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:14 am

Viewers who don't read RS far outnumber those who do so I think we can attribute the reactions to a number of things - editing, Rachel crushing on him, his good look etc. I don't think it was all RS's fault but it definitely helped. Rachel gushed and swooned hard that first one on one. He's also in the most popular bromance of the season with Dean and SM loves Dean the most IMO laugh out loud.

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 60 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:16 am

Yes. I totally, get it because I witnessed that here. Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 60 4256136633

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:17 am

This Steve theory doesn't hold water to me. We're the most spoiled and yet it seems that B is quickly the favorite here. Most fans jumped ship fast from Peter if we go by here so not sure we can blame Steve. I think it's intentional from the show, make the f2/Peter the heartthrob.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Carine Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:19 am

@blueberry I agree, I think most people not all of course lool liked Peter way before the RS spoiler yeah the spoiler probably increased the Rachel/Peter fans but I wouldnt say it was just RS.
The thing with Bryan is that he did not make a good first impression, I remember when the Ellen date aired and people were dragging him on SM and as the eps continue some are still not liking him, like the E article said he is just not connecting with some of the audience. Even Dean had a horrible start and was dragged after but later on people started really liking him and is now the most popular contestant.

Last edited by Carine on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Carine

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:23 am

I can't speak for everyone, but I was unspoiled and thought she picked Peter early on. I liked a few of the guys so wasn't because he was my favorite. Bryan also stood out but because he was so pushy from the start and I didn't trust his motives. I've since seen that a lot of people felt the same way about Bryan. Assuming she picks him which I mostly am, there are going to be a lot of doubters about their relationship so will be a test for them imo.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionLover Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:31 am

I think it's hard for viewers to connect with bryan cause we legitimately know nothing about the guy. Unless I missed some important conversation that was aired, they haven't shown the viewers anything that's personal about him so it's hard to resonate with him. With dean, we got his emotional story. The peter 1st 1-on-1 started off with such a bang, even my unspoiled friends who were first intrigued by Bryan jumped ship quick. I say it's editing more than RS. And the dean and Peter bromance on SM most certainly pushes these two as favorites. Not gonna lie, knowing the outcome of the show, I'm more interested in what Dean and Peter are up to than the couple itself cause I'm indifferent to Bryan. IMO that's how most viewers will feel come FRC cause of peter being the heavy favorite
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:52 am

I agree that I wouldn't say RS specifically was the issue. As I said, I wasn't really following the pre-sleuthing closely but I do remember that there was a lot of discussion about Peter long before the finale was filmed and before RS gave his spoiler of the Final 1.

I remember many waiting desperately for him to confirm it was Peter because there was already such a swell of support behind him. On the flipside, like others noted, people had already labeled Bryan the worse because of the Ellen group date and the sloppy seconds comment and all the stuff about his lawsuit.

When RS first said Peter was Final 1, that did take the adoration and love to new heights because I think for some it confirmed the pedestal they'd already put him on. And then came the spoiler change that I do think for some made them dislike Bryan even more because it was almost like he was ruining their fantasy.

I do think that sometimes viewers form opinions of contestants and cannot or will not let go of those no matter what. So for some Peter was the greatest man that ever graced this show before one episode aired and Bryan the scum of the earth and no matter what happens, that will not change. It doesn't matter that on the show itself, Bryan's biggest "sin" (if you want to consider it that) is he makes out with Rachel a lot and spouts cheesy lines. To some he is repulsive, fake, a liar, etc. and that's that. And it doesn't matter that Peter has seemed somewhat distant with Rachel, physically at least and himself admits he doesn't know if he's ready to open himself up to someone, much less marriage. Peter is the greatest man ever and that's that.

But more importantly, it doesn't matter what Rachel wants and who makes Rachel happy. It's all about viewers and projecting their own feelings and desires onto the situation. JMO.

Last edited by lleyki on Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:58 am

djogbenyuie wrote:The only way that is happening for the majority is if Peter leaves on his own.
Or the breakup was mutual between them.
I feel like viewer's own love for Peter will prevent them from falling in love with Bryan. And that's human and it is just what it is. Some that just love Rachel will come around though.

Or they just feel that Bryan is a smarmy cornball with potentially dodgy ethics regardless of Peter or Rachel? That's been my impression of him since filming, when I was 90% sure Rachel would pick him and I didn't see anything special about Peter either. He's just not everyone's cup of tea (which can be said for most people). If he is Rachel's though, then hopefully she won't care one bit what I think.

JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 60 of 80 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 70 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11

+77
Aria
MVMom39forever
kraft33
stuckinsc
Nibbles22
sfrank
Bookworm85
Stacia620
Miyala
Rolly
alwaystulips