SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 74 of 79 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 74 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Sprite Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:13 am

Sundy wrote:Yup you just sadly have to look at this forum. It feels like there are only a few of us left and we have visitors who pop in and out but nothing like a few years ago. It’s a little sad really

I said I wouldn't watch and I haven't, but I do check in on here just to see what is going on so that I will know something about the next Bachelor if he is one of Ali's rejects. To be honest, none of the guys really float my boat. The few that I think are attractive on the outside, seem to be douches on the inside. The ones that are supposed to be nicer, don't do it for my physically. The one that interested be was the kilt guy...sorry don't remember the name and too lazy to go look it up....but he apparently was eliminated the second episode, so I doubt he will be in the running. That means that I will probably check out the first couple of episodes of the next Bachelor and then decide if it is worthy of my time.

I have been eliminating shows right and left of late. I watched the first few of weeks of Nick's season, but got bored and skipped the rest. I am unspoiled for Colton and will probably watch, but only to see just how much he is willing to degrade himself. Right now the Block and the British and Canadian versions of the Greatest Baker are my favourites. More amusing and fun than the Bachelor and thankfully no really stupid drama!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 74 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:25 am

@Sprite I hear you, but it feels like the Block is headed in the same direction as far as pushing people to their breaking point for the "drama", and always wanting each season to be bigger/more elaborate than the last.  

In this season of Block (the Gatwick hotel one - not sure if that's what you're watching currently?) one of the apartment's living rooms was bigger than the ENTIRE house the season 1 contestants had to renovate.  

It feels like all these shows just keep pushing it and pushing it until it's no longer sustainable, and then they collapse.  My alltime favourite reality show was Big Brother season 1 where they just livestreamed the house 24/7.

IMO all these production companies need to dial it down a notch, go back to basics and bring some REALITY back into reality TV.  Gogglebox is fantastic because it's just real people sitting on their couch, saying what they actually think.

Sorry I think I veered a bit off topic a bit there but all relates back to Bach in the scheme of things.  TL/DR:  Keep it REAL!
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:44 am

I hear you @Sprite and @Bobette
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:51 am

@Bobette I'm watching last season of the Block. We are a bit behind in Canada. I get that they are getting more elaborate, but the drama level is nowhere near the levels of the Bachelor. And even the drama that is there is more organic and related to problems with the build and just the stress of having to deal with everything. Unlike the Bachelor, these shows have money at stake. Not that people from Bachelor and related shows don't, they just have it a more round about way with the shilling opportunities.

The more I watch the Bachelor, the more crazy the contestants become. These days it is mostly models and fitness instructors and social influencers ( Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 74 1838857674 I hate that term) who come on the show. There are fewer and fewer normal people with jobs and I hate seeing those few, more and more, turning into the previous group once they get a taste of the attention and fame. Ali was just another example of that.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:59 am

@Sprite I totally agree re: "influencers". laugh out loud

Meanwhile... Rolling Eyes

The backlash begins: Ali Oetjen restricts her Instagram comments following her 'cheating' scandal... as The Bachelorette's first two episodes deliver lacklustre ratings

She's currently looking for love on The Bachelorette.

But has the backlash over her 'cheating' scandal with ex-boyfriend Grant Kemp proved too much for Ali Oetjen to handle?

The 32-year-old recently switched her Instagram comments to 'limited', meaning that members of the public cannot leave messages under her photos.

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 am

duh duh duh
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:52 am

Bobette wrote:@Sprite I totally agree re: "influencers".  laugh out loud

Meanwhile...  Rolling Eyes

The backlash begins: Ali Oetjen restricts her Instagram comments following her 'cheating' scandal... as The Bachelorette's first two episodes deliver lacklustre ratings

But has the backlash over her 'cheating' scandal with ex-boyfriend Grant Kemp proved too much for Ali Oetjen to handle?

The 32-year-old recently switched her Instagram comments to 'limited', meaning that members of the public cannot leave messages under her photos.

Source

I'm actually surprised she hasn't blocked them totally or started deleting anything negative.

I wonder how the F1 is responding to all the press about that since they seem to bring it up constantly. And then there were those additional texts that were released that looked really damning.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:06 am

Sundy wrote:@Bobette we all called it. Ali as lead is BAD news. If only tptb took what we say seriously they would see without fail we have been correct in what the public would like to see. Maybe it’s because we are the public Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 74 3806527698

Ali’s inauthenticity stands out a mile and I am just left feeling cheated. I did with Nick too. Oh poo

Yes, we are the public and we've watched these shows long enough now for us to know if other viewers are gonna warm up to a lead or not and I'm still not seeing them warming up to Ali. We all said she would "kill" the show and we may have been more correct than even we knew possible. It's really sad..
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:18 am

Bobette wrote:@Sprite I totally agree re: "influencers".  laugh out loud

Meanwhile...  Rolling Eyes

Source

What more did she expect???? This isn't Ali's first rodeo with this show. She KNOWS how upfront and rude the public can be so why did she even accept this offer after what she did and yes, I believe she did cheat on Grant because as badly as she wanted the lead to this show if he was lying IMHO she would have had his butt in court by now and yet she has never even said he was lying about her part in the cheating.. I see some big girl panties in Ali's future. :yes:
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:00 pm

I think Nick killed off a LOT of viewers too. Going from that dud ending to try watch someone the public is meh on anyway is a tall order. Still I don't think it will matter with BachAU. That's already been announced and in the works for another season.

TEN got what they wanted and a celeb lead and non-celeb is their pattern since last year so I think it may be their pattern next year - I'd expect a non-celeb for Bachelor and a celeb for Bette unless they go with one of Nick's girls and the audience still care by June next year.

Personally I prefer leads that aren't celebs (since they have proven they can work rather than 0/2 relationships for celeb leads). BUT celeb leads get high ratings so I don't think they will stop. Ratings/ad-wise I think their winning formula is to have a returnee Bachelor and a celeb Bette (Bette always gets lower ratings even in the USA).

BetteAU airing right after Bachelor is asking a lot for public to be interested in watching another series when they are not as invested in Bette leads unless they're celebs/first seasons ones. I think if public get used to having returnee Bachelors they'd be more invested in watching the Bette too just to get behind "picking" the Bach lead rather than realizing that it can be anyone - a celeb.

As for formula etc. They are going to keep doing what they're doing. That's the show and how it goes after first couples of seasons it only gets more drama focused and produced (the US is evidence of this). But as long as these shows are being tweeted about or on SM there is lots of engagement that is counted more than TV ratings with ad prospectors they'll keep churning it out.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:34 pm

I don't know why they have to air all the shows one after another anyway. Spread them out to give people a bit of a break between Bachelor, Bette and now BIP. Give them time to build momentum. This is particularly true for the Aussie show since they air them 2 times a week, unlike the US where it is shown once per week.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:18 pm

I wish there was a break but they won't do it.

It's shown that Celeb leads will get viewers in. G's season was the best but had low ratings. It really is too much imo with Bach then Bette straight away but the way it changes is with celeb leads. I think Sam Fro was an anomaly because it was the first Bette season plus the only engagement on the show and she'd been dumped. 

If they go with a returnee (Brooke, Britt, or Sophie) next year I think the Bette ratings won't be much different to G or Ali's season. Even with BIP it will be too much if one of them are on there and next lead. Still I don't think even if one of Nick's girls don't go on that it will make a difference with ratings if they're lead. So I can see them going with another celeb possibly  hmmm  

I prefer the Bette show so hope they keep it around.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 74 of 79 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+27
limoncello
AEF
spangler
Agent99
Storybook
stuckinsc
Enough
Mommyof2
LoveDovez
Linds911
Idlemess