SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

Page 49 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

goals - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5 - Page 49 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

Post by albean99 Sat May 26, 2018 1:41 pm

I never dumped on Colton so can't answer that question. I'm also waiting to see what he's like on the show. I tend to like or dislike someone based on what I see there, mostly because it's just a show I watch. I don't care about actors' home life or beliefs either.

I tend not to concentrate on people's SM whether I agree with them or not. I still don't think that your SM is everything you are as a person. I also didn't know that people could see your likes until it came up here. I don't have a problem with Garrett being criticized here or elsewhere. I may find that I don't like him once I see more of him but want to wait and see. All JMO.

All this is pushing me back to only watching the first few episodes of the season unspoiled. Every time I'm spoiled, it takes away from the enjoyment I might have watching it. goals - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5 - Page 49 4256136633

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15322

Back to top Go down

goals - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5 - Page 49 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

Post by Sprite Sat May 26, 2018 1:42 pm

mercieme wrote:@albean99....not questioning your belief, but the point some of us are making is that if this was not Garrett, we don’t believe folks would be saying give that person a chance. It has not been a consistent response that we should be giving folks a chance when they display ignorant behavior ....there are so many seasons when folks did not display behavior IMO as what Garrett diplayed with those IG likes when the backlash was huge on this forum.....this is just my honest and humble opinion.

ETA — exactly your point @bluwavz...thanks so much for that recent example.

This happens all the time. Some are given the benefit of the doubt and others not so much....often times depending on who is a favourite. Look no further than the last bachelor. This isn't the first time it happens and it won't be the last. Thankfully I am not invested in any of these guys, however I was looking forward to Becca and her season. Seeing her so happy and in post show videos and then learning all this puts a damper on it all and makes it harder to just watch as an objective, ordinary viewer.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sat May 26, 2018 1:44 pm

bleuberry wrote:It's one thing to be in a long, on again off again, tumultuous love story and manage to make it work. We all know one. Personally, none of the ones I know IRL involve garbage beliefs to this extent - but let's pretend for a second that they did. The difference here is that Becca has known this guy for a couple months. There's no epic history or backstory between them. She can and should run - it'll be just another Bachelor break up, and looking at the leads before her, she will be more than fine. More than likely she'll settle down with a great guy quickly IMO. I hope someone in her inner circle is quietly advising her. JMO.

Me too.  I think it is sometimes (always?) hard to hear negative things about someone we like, or maybe think we love.  I am sad to hear Becca say one of the things she likes about her F1 who we now know is Garrett, is that he "puts up with her".  I think a natural thing might be to rise to his defense.  I hope she takes the time to take it all in and consider the bachelor engagement in no way binds her to this guy forever.  She has choices and does not need to work on things or stand by him.  This isn't a long term relationship with maybe children involved and a shared history of good things.  This is a guy she's realistically spent less than a week with in real time.  My heart hurts for her right now.  I want her to know her worth and IMHO, this guy is not worthy of her, let alone to be praised for putting up with her.

Last edited by pavalygurl on Sat May 26, 2018 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sat May 26, 2018 1:45 pm

Tiggerlgh wrote:Not defending him but I believe an entertainment network here in the US that calls themselves a news station reported that story as well.  It’s possible he thought it was true based in the so called news.  Again not defending but many of these issues are much bigger than Garret

No excuse in my book. How long ago was the shooting? Plenty of time to get the facts and delete his like if he no longer believed it.... he didn’t do that. To insinuate that these incidents are fake when numerous people died is cruel and just sickens me.

I adore Becca but I will be sad if this is just glossed over. I could never be in a relationship with someone that shares his views. A “like” to me on Instagram means you agree with what is posted. He has many likes that are repulsive to me. Run Becca run!
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sat May 26, 2018 1:46 pm

I dont understand how it can be deduced who’s right or wrong for someone. IMO, these people do not know a damn thing about each other. A few hours spent together and putting out your best China only says that you have a nice China set. What else is in the closet?

The show producers are creating a new show. They should have the final four date the lead in real life for a period of time just as they are... just a concept

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sat May 26, 2018 1:53 pm

Sorry for the double post.

Exactly how long have Becca and Garrett been together for him to “puts up with her” This makes zero sense. Most on the show would put up with anything just to be F1 imo

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sat May 26, 2018 1:56 pm

Rolly wrote:
Tiggerlgh wrote:Not defending him but I believe an entertainment network here in the US that calls themselves a news station reported that story as well.  It’s possible he thought it was true based in the so called news.  Again not defending but many of these issues are much bigger than Garret

No excuse in my book. How long ago was the shooting? Plenty of time to get the facts and delete his like if he no longer believed it.... he didn’t do that. To insinuate that these incidents are fake when numerous people died is cruel and just sickens me.

I adore Becca but I will be sad if this is just glossed over. I could never be in a relationship with someone that shares his views. A “like” to me on Instagram means you agree with what is posted. He has many likes that are repulsive to me. Run Becca run!
I do not know every post I like. Many I like and move on, never have I gone back weeks later to see if I still like something.    I don’t expect others to remember their likes and go back and unlike something.   I DO NOT in anyway condone his like.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat May 26, 2018 2:01 pm

@Rolly I'm not even getting into what he liked, but after I've liked something, I pretty much forget about it. I most certainly don't go back looking through my likes and change them after the fact. Sometimes I will change it immediately if it was done by mistake or if I think a little more deeply about it, but I have never gone back after a period of time has passed. There is so much stuff out there that I just don't even remember most of it....and I am not that big on SM other than my FB and even that I really try to limit.

Unfortunately with the amount of SM that there is out there these days, there is so much garbage, half truths and down right lies out that sometimes it is hard to tell the difference between truth and fiction. Sadly people rarely bother to dig deeper to find the real truth, but rather believe the things that tend to confirm their already existing opinions and prejudices.

We are in the middle of a horrid election here in Ontario and the garbage spewed by some of our supposed "leaders" makes me want to put my head in the sand....except it is too important and I can't. goals - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5 - Page 49 1122970954

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sat May 26, 2018 2:03 pm

I don’t care if Becca stays with him or not, Garrett is Becca’s problem to solve, not mine. However I don’t subcribe to the thought that folks shoud give Garrett a chance because his IG likes are not representative of him and that is nothing compared to the happiness he provides to Becca via a reality show where they knew each other for less than a week. That to me says that I should value Becca’s happiness via this person more than the millions of others affected by hatred on SM....nah, not gonna to that. I will stand by my principles and call ignorant behavior out. I like Becca like I do most leads but won’t bend my principles at the expense of her so called happiness via Garrett by not calling out what he liked on IG...all jmho.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sat May 26, 2018 2:11 pm

Tiggerlgh wrote:
Rolly wrote:

I do not know every post I like. Many I like and move on, never have I gone back weeks later to see if I still like something.    I don’t expect others to remember their likes and go back and unlike something.   I DO NOT in anyway condone his like.

I would think he would be more careful about things he likes and be pretty confident that they are true. Liking a post of a slaughtering in a school as being fake is something I would hope Garrett wouldn’t like unless he was confident about it. I don’t need to go back to correct my likes bc I’m sure I agree with the post before I like them. And it’s not just one disgusting post he agrees with it’s many.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat May 26, 2018 2:13 pm

mercieme wrote:I don’t care if Becca stays with him or not, Garrett is Becca’s problem to solve, not mine. However I don’t subcribe to the thought that folks shoud give Garrett a chance because his IG likes are not representative of him and that is nothing compared to the happiness he provides to Becca via a reality show where they knew each other for less than a week. That to me says that I should value Becca’s happiness via this person more than the millions of others affected by hatred on SM....nah, not gonna to that. I will stand by my principles and call ignorant behavior out. I like Becca like I do most leads but won’t bend my principles at the expense of her so called happiness via Garrett by not calling out what he liked on IG...all jmho.

They have really known each other less than a few days. As much as they will probably be professing their undying love to each other at the end of this, I doubt they actually are as many previous leads have said that didn't happen till after the show. She works in PR. I think she could easily dump him and still come out ahead by admitting she learned things after the show wrapped that she found disturbing and she couldn't reconcile with her own beliefs. Yes, there will be critics, but I think if she is honest most would support her. It all depends if she is afraid of looking bad because a second tv relationship went down the tubes so quickly. I hope her family and friends have a good, hard conversation with her.

Last edited by Sprite on Sat May 26, 2018 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Sat May 26, 2018 2:18 pm

Only Becca knows what is right for her and what's not. She didn't strike me as the type to just be all nonchalant and "well if he treats me well who cares what kind of human he is to everyone else" but maybe she is. That is a possibility. As far as working out their differences in values...that is something that would normally happen before you accept someone's proposal. She is supposed to be at her happiness right now but instead who knows.Rolling Eyes

I really do hope it all works out for her but I have no interest in watching or supporting her bachelor "love" story just because this ignorant guy made her happy. JMO.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

+94
lstiff
Minney
NCGalBecca
North
Kels0012
Norcalgal
mysthelma
kmick0890
Imp
ishkabaha
pavalygurl