SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

Page 64 of 79 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 71 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

goals - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5 - Page 64 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

Post by Kashathediva Tue May 29, 2018 1:36 pm

He gave no thought to consistent likings of homophobic, racist, misogynistic stuff. Well, maybe he should start thinking. jmo.
Any other cast person would be scrutinized, so why not him?
With the disparity between the picture Becca and tptb have painted of her, in contrast to what Garrett appears to values things should be interesting.
She’s going to stand by her man and sacrifice her own core values, except maybe those core values aren’t anything more then what sounds good on paper. They might just be perfect for each other.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

goals - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5 - Page 64 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

Post by Rolly Tue May 29, 2018 1:37 pm

Disappointed in this “stand by my man.... do anything it takes to make it work to support my partner”. (Snap out of it Becca you’ve known this guy just a couple months). And then Rachel’s comment of being dead set on making it down the aisle. The Becca glow for me is quickly disappearing. I know Becca is not perfect.... we all have flaws but this is looking like love is totally blind to me. It sounds like she has just rolled over.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolormiblnd Tue May 29, 2018 1:42 pm

mslat92 wrote:This is being handled so badly. PR 101 is making sure you're always one step ahead of a crisis. They have just been reactive the entire time, instead of proactive. If he had a generic but apologetic statement released already, then at least it could've been included in all this negative coverage, and perhaps of even provided context for why he did it. Instead, the media is now controlling the narrative and it was always going to be negative, because the instagram likes are inexcusable.

With People and Vanity Fair covering the story, the damage is done now, and yes, he can (and probably will) still offer a public apology, but he could have lessened the fallout if ABC had just figured out how to address this earlier. Not that I think he deserves to be let off the hook at all, I'm just genuinely surprised at how badly ABC handles these kind of things. You'd think after all the controversies they've dealt with over the years with this franchise that they'd be better equipped. I guess not.
I am with you. At this point, any apologies or explanations offered will be too little too late. This is so sad and unfortunate.

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.  heartbeat
Kolormiblnd
Kolormiblnd

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Tue May 29, 2018 1:42 pm

Opposite the hockey match, ABC’s The Bachelorette: Becca Kufrin Edition premiered to 5.6 mil and a 1.4 — down 22 percent in the demo from Rachel Lindsay’s year-ago debut, which benefited from a non-holiday, Dancing With the Stars lead-in.

http://tvline.com/2018/05/29/lucifer-ratings-season-3-bonus-episodes-cancelled-or-renewed/
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by mslat92 Tue May 29, 2018 1:46 pm

I wonder what her best friend (who is openly gay), and her mother (who raised her to be a feminist) think? If I was in this situation, I would hope the people around me wouldn't just sugarcoat something like this and tell me to WAKE UP.
mslat92
mslat92

Female Posts : 526

Back to top Go down

Post by North Tue May 29, 2018 1:48 pm

We can add Glamour to the list...

Garrett Yrigoyen From The Bachelorette Reportedly Has a History of Liking Bigoted Posts on Instagram

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue May 29, 2018 1:56 pm

I wonder what Becca is thinking as all these magazines etc keep picking up on the story and she keeps seeing charged words like bigot, homophobe, misogynist.
I would think that would give pause. I hope she is talking this out with someone besides Garrett.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue May 29, 2018 2:00 pm

G probably told her that he has an “immature” sense of humor, didn’t post this stuff directly himself and doesn’t *really* believe it and it’s good enough for her. Such the feminist she is imo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Tue May 29, 2018 2:02 pm

Any chance that she's contractually trapped to "stand by her man" until later in the season? As bad as it looks, if she addressed it now, could ABC even continue to air the show?

With the opening ratings being so low, it will be interesting to see their promotion and PR tactics. Certainly, there is a segment of the audience that shares his beliefs, but I would not think (hope) that it is the majority. I imagine it will be all about the other guys until there is very little time left.

She's probably thanking her lucky stars for the Roseanne mess, that ABC has to clean up as well, for drowning out some of the backlash and chatter. But, then again, it also adds to overall ugliness going on at ABC.

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by North Tue May 29, 2018 2:06 pm

Alanna wrote:G probably told her that he has an “immature” sense of humor, didn’t post this stuff directly himself and doesn’t *really* believe it and it’s good enough for her. Such the feminist she is imo.

Unacceptable. I want him to explain himself, explain the "humor," explain how these likes represent his belief system. And Becca should be put on the spot too. Even if it is how they "worked through it" -- they need to discuss it.

I hope the media continues to focus on this so it is basically a requirement that post-show interviewers ask these questions.

All IMO.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue May 29, 2018 2:10 pm

Me when Becca posts her next soliloquy asking us to be open minded and respect the beliefs of the guys who might think differently than us and to show them the support we showed her:

goals - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5 - Page 64 Rih10
source

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Tue May 29, 2018 2:12 pm

All of the media outlets are just running various renditions of the same story.  Even my local Minneapolis tv entertainment show ran a bit of it this morning but same story no new info.  I doubt ABC will touch this as they often do, they'll let the contestants speak or not for themselves. I expect CH is already ringing his hands in glee over the couch fodder this will produce for ATFR.  TPTB stance has always been to stand back, run the cameras, and let human nature run it's course.  The more these media outlets run the story the more viewers will tune in.  Tragic but true, IMO. Until Garrett or Becca make their own statements in direct response to the IG like-gate I'm not convinced he will claim it's just humor or Becca will even stand by him. It's a lot of speculation at this point.
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 64 of 79 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 71 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

+94
lstiff
Minney
NCGalBecca
North
Kels0012
Norcalgal
mysthelma
kmick0890
Imp
ishkabaha
pavalygurl