SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

Page 63 of 79 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 71 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

goals - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5 - Page 63 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

Post by nananana Tue May 29, 2018 9:05 am

Please release a statement before my head explodes goals - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5 - Page 63 2292733854

nananana

Back to top Go down

goals - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5 - Page 63 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

Post by mercieme Tue May 29, 2018 9:08 am

Guys....seriously...Garrett via ABC better make a statement now otherwise his future source of employment IMO could only be alt right wing afflilated companies. With the backlash corporations go through now, his marketability as a future employee decreases as long as these stories are out there....jmho.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue May 29, 2018 9:10 am

Yeah I bet Becca and Garrett were wishing this was as simple as just pooping on the floor.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by mbl Tue May 29, 2018 9:10 am

Doesn't ABC have its own PR to worry about? Do Stephanopuolos/Roberts/Strahan/Kimmel just stay silent and never bring this up? How do they look to their audiences if they don't? It's 2018, and the network has its own PR to be concerned about.

mbl

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Tue May 29, 2018 9:12 am

Is Becca scheduled for her Kimmel interview where he picks the winner this week?  

Wonder how that’s gonna go?
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by mslat92 Tue May 29, 2018 9:12 am

This is being handled so badly. PR 101 is making sure you're always one step ahead of a crisis. They have just been reactive the entire time, instead of proactive. If he had a generic but apologetic statement released already, then at least it could've been included in all this negative coverage, and perhaps of even provided context for why he did it. Instead, the media is now controlling the narrative and it was always going to be negative, because the instagram likes are inexcusable.

With People and Vanity Fair covering the story, the damage is done now, and yes, he can (and probably will) still offer a public apology, but he could have lessened the fallout if ABC had just figured out how to address this earlier. Not that I think he deserves to be let off the hook at all, I'm just genuinely surprised at how badly ABC handles these kind of things. You'd think after all the controversies they've dealt with over the years with this franchise that they'd be better equipped. I guess not.
mslat92
mslat92

Female Posts : 526

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Tue May 29, 2018 9:18 am

Yes, the story has gone mainstream now.

https://people.com/tv/bachelorette-contestant-garrett-yrigoyen-under-fire-alleged-hateful-instagram-activity/

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Bachelorette-Garrett-Yrigoyen-Instagram-Controversy-44886984
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by kmick0890 Tue May 29, 2018 9:19 am

I don't have a link but I saw on my twitter feed that The Hollywood Reporter picked it up too.
kmick0890
kmick0890

Back to top Go down

Post by mslat92 Tue May 29, 2018 9:20 am

Another interview with ET just got posted. https://www.etonline.com/bachelorette-becca-kufrin-reveals-why-her-fiance-is-so-different-from-arie-luyendyk-jr-exclusive

Here's an interesting excerpt:

Fans watched the 28-year-old publicist kick off her season of The Bachelorette on Monday night, but she revealed last week that's she's engaged -- and spoke to ET's Lauren Zima all about how her mystery man is "different" from her now-infamous ex, Arie Luyendyk Jr.

"It feels so different because the relationship and the guy is different. And this time, it feels better suited for me. It's like, this better fit for me and what I need in my life," she explained. "And I am willing to do anything it takes to make it work to support my partner."

"I was asking for a teammate, a 50/50 throughout the entire season. I feel like I truly found that," Kufrin gushed. "So we'll have each other's backs through the time where we have to stay private, and then we'll continue that and share it with the world."

he brunette beauty revealed that like former Bachelorette Rachel Lindsay, she and her fiancé do have code names for each other. She's just not ready to share them just yet. One thing's for sure, however: she's dead set on making it down the aisle.

"I better [marry him]," she joked. "He better marry me!"

Guess we know Becca's headspace then. Even at the expense of her supposed morals and beliefs. :\\\\\
mslat92
mslat92

Female Posts : 526

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue May 29, 2018 9:23 am

I don’t think Becca and Garrett should be looking at TPTB or network to be helping them out. I think both will let the couple deal with it. Nothing illegal happened. In the past, with some of JPG’s controversial statements, no one from production or network came to the rescue. I don’t remember seeing anything regarding Lee last year from production. I think they are going to let the cast handle it

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue May 29, 2018 9:23 am

Gosh this is such a mess!! I bet when Garrett was making these likes, he gave zero thought to them and if he briefly chuckled, just gave this crap a like and moved on. Don’t abuse sm, people!!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Tue May 29, 2018 9:34 am

I'm glad the Garrett issue is coming to light with the general population. This might be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me in regards to this franchise and how they handle the situation. We've already had the BIP fiasco and racist Lee. Now we have a bigoted F1 on a show that asks us to suspend reality to begin with and believe in a "love story." Maybe it is time TPTB pulls back the curtain on production and gives a realistic portrayal of the process, much like in the "unedited" breakup between Arie/Becca (yes I read the GQ story). Otherwise, with the current cultural climate, I can see this franchise going down the tubes. And as much as the show isn't even that entertaining, I'd miss this forum.
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 63 of 79 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 71 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

+94
lstiff
Minney
NCGalBecca
North
Kels0012
Norcalgal
mysthelma
kmick0890
Imp
ishkabaha
pavalygurl