SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Body Language - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Body Language - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Body Language - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Thu May 21, 2015 11:02 pm

IMO using the word GUESS is a suttle way of not making herself look good. I GUESS he likes me. As in I can't believe he missed me, but I GUESS he did.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Body Language - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Body Language - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by sbolduc Thu May 21, 2015 11:14 pm

I can see that GA.

Also I agree with Sophie, Lucas and Emusha it looked a little rehearsed. But I too think it is because she is not telling the full truth about her "friendship" with Nick. Her reaction to "oh my gosh it is Nick" was not a reaction to a guy she was just friends with. I don't think I have seen her more excited. Kaitlyn has a tell when she is really happy or excited she clasps her hands together and brings them to cover her mouth as she smiles. She did it when she found out she was the Bachelorette (when CH told her) and she did it when she realized Nick was back.
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Fri May 22, 2015 12:01 am

I always thought the quote that Kaitlyn posted before going on the show was a nod to Nick.
"If you are brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello." -Paulo Coelho
Never been good at goodbyes. Just keep telling myself when one door closes, another one opens. #quotesarecheesybutsotrue

I felt like it was her way of saying goodbye and closing the door on their relationship.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri May 22, 2015 12:15 am

Great posts guys!! this is one of my fave threads of discussion that was the first reason i got hooked to sleuthing board convo glad to see our thread popping a bit  The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Body Language - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 2 1710264613

I actually think Kaitlyn is very easy to read and she is very transparent about her emotions so when she's doing half-truths or she has worrying or concerning emotions "i feel sick to my stomach" it's very easy to read her. I agree with you sbolduc her level of excitement when nick arrived was pretty up there compared to all the times we've seen her excited. 

I also think the demeanor I saw from her when discussing Nick isn't one whose proposal she rejected and there was some sort of "Bad blood" she seems to still be a bit on the warm and fuzzy positive side when she thinks that he risked all that for *her*...he missed her beyond a friendly connection...felt that strongly about her to risk... she does not at all seem guilty for breaking his heart or hurt or anything else just fine and positive 

it's not adding up for me at least to see here demeanor and consider the spoiler that nick is mad about how things ended and things didn't end well between them...
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri May 22, 2015 2:28 pm

emusha wrote:I actually think Kaitlyn is very easy to read and she is very transparent about her emotions so when she's doing half-truths or she has worrying or concerning emotions "i feel sick to my stomach" it's very easy to read her.

ITA and she's perhaps even easier to read than I fully realized at first, based on something I saw late last night when I went looking for it - a micro expression. Micro expressions are very brief facial expressions, lasting only a fraction of a second. They occur when a person either deliberately or unconsciously conceals a feeling. Seven emotions have universal signals: anger, fear, sadness, disgust, contempt, surprise and happiness, and (surprisingly) the same micro expressions have been seen from people blind since birth - they are believed by many to be biological / hereditary rather than learned. They are hard to see because they last only a fraction of a second and are best found going frame by frame through a video clip, but they can sometimes be seen when you run the clip in full motion if you're looking for them - which is what I did last night.

So in the clip on page 1 of this thread if you watch Kaitlin starting at about 1:45 she's saying (about Nick) "he had a rough go the last season, and I truly believe he did show up for - here we go - the "right reasons" and ... " and after she says that - right at 1:47 - she makes a micro expression. I've tried to screen cap it and got part of it - once you know the expression to look for you can see it clearly running the clip at full speed:

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Body Language - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 2 Kaitli11

Out of the list of 7 universal micro expressions I would rule out several - IMO this isn't happiness or sadness or surprise or fear leaving as possibles anger, disgust and contempt. IMO something happened to cause her to have this emotion when talking about Nick because I think she was initially delighted to see him.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri May 22, 2015 2:46 pm

Interesting lucas, very enjoyable to read that. I picked up on that as well as her continuous finger above her upper lip maneuver not sure if it was this vid or another one.

When I initially watched it, I thought she was a tad uncomfortable talking about the previous season as it appears her and Andi are at the very least good twitter friends. She had to mention that to bring the point home that as a result of the previous season, he must have come on the show for her.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri May 22, 2015 3:57 pm

Lucas did you notice that K was very aware about her lipstick and pouting throughout I think to keep it intact -- goes along with the gesture GA mentioned which was wiping the lipstick off the top of her lip which happens immediately after
also if you go to 2:15 she does the same expression again after saying a majority of the guys were not impressed then again around 3:09 
i think due to the lipstick this was her resting face during the interview...andi's "resting b*tch face" makes a comeback
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri May 22, 2015 7:31 pm

emusha wrote:Lucas did you notice that K was very aware about her lipstick and pouting throughout I think to keep it intact -- goes along with the gesture GA mentioned which was wiping the lipstick off the top of her lip which happens immediately after
also if you go to 2:15 she does the same expression again after saying a majority of the guys were not impressed then again around 3:09 
i think due to the lipstick this was her resting face during the interview...andi's "resting b*tch face" makes a comeback

I did look at both the 2:15 and 3:09 moments but I'm seeing a quite different expression there - here's a side-by-side comparison of 1:47 and 2:15 (and keep in mind - the screen cap is NOT the best image to have captured but I couldn't make the video stop and the exactly correct frame - the next frame would have been better but I couldn't cap it):

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Body Language - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 2 Kaitli12

There are two differences I see between these two expressions and a third significant point to be made, IMO:

1 - In the 1:47 moment Kaitlin's lower jaw is protruding slightly more than it is in the 2:15 moment.
2 - In the 1:47 moment there's a slight downward turn to her lips and a slight dimple in her lower jaw from the muscle that pulled her lip down. That muscle is involuntary - she can't control it (none of us can) - it's an involuntary muscle reaction to what she's experiencing emotionally.
3 - At 1:47 it is a classic micro expression in that it's a very noticeable change in her facial expression that lasts for much less than a second - perhaps only two frames of the video - it comes and then it's gone. At 2:15 (and also 3:09) her expression is quite consistent through several seconds. Micro expressions are very very brief but interesting because they are completely involuntary - you don't know you're doing one and you can't stop from doing it and you can't fake one - or at least very few people can.

The thing to keep in mind with body language and especially micro expressions, IMO, is that we are not really interested in things that people do intentionally with conscious control over their facial muscles. What we are interested in is what people do subconsciously using involuntary muscles.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri May 22, 2015 7:50 pm

So Lucas, for the slow kiddos in the back (ie yours truly), what do you think it can mean?

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by computerms Fri May 22, 2015 7:58 pm

An interview from Josh Seiter (stripper) from Chicago. About 48 min. long. Interesting

http://www.southgatemediagroup.com/the-bachelor-universe

computerms

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Fri May 22, 2015 8:13 pm

computerms wrote:An interview from Josh Seiter (stripper) from Chicago.  About 48 min. long.  Interesting

http://www.southgatemediagroup.com/the-bachelor-universe

Thanks for posting this, I am shocked that TPTB allowed this to air, this show is a mess y'all.

Computerms I am going to move your post to the discussion thread.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 8:15 pm

Can it be written for those of us who can't hear it please? or simple summarize. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Body Language - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+24
AllAboutLove
remockered
Sprite
Luvstruck
moonchild