SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Body Language - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Body Language - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 4 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Body Language - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by umngirl Sat May 23, 2015 10:53 am

^Or she likes that everyone thinks the show ends the normal way but she's in on the secret that it actually doesn't. I can totally see her fake playing off all the engagement questions and say things like "I can't tell" or "you'll have to wait and see" all while smiling because she wants people to believe she's engaged so she can "shock" them when it turns out she's happily single.

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Body Language - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 4 87b72b10 The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Body Language - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 4 86669110 The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Body Language - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 4 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Body Language - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 4 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Body Language - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by nd4reality Sat May 23, 2015 11:00 am

I think she was waaay giggly when they said "and now he is in the mix".

Seems like he is still in the mix.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Sat May 23, 2015 11:02 am

umngirl -- there's def a possibility of that but IMHO from everything we have seen more than any bachelorette before her since CS' season -- Kaitlyn is not a good actress she's who she is and very much herself even if that doesn't go in her favor -- it's even very obvious when she tries to hide her feelings and even in those moments it's easy to tell how she's feeling (her elimination, her doubts during the date before HTDs)...there are bachelorettes who were very poker faced...K hasn't been one so far 

she's easy to read but it's very important to note that the expressions I captured here are actually fleeting seconds... if you simply watch the interview you wouldn't catch that smile it just passes unless u like do a slowmotion viewing-- I mean obviously she's laughing it off and making a joke about it but most important is the smile before which you can barely see but is telling

also that smile isn't a curtained smile or she doesn't have any mixed feeling ...it seems like a very clear and open expression
JMHO that is..
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sat May 23, 2015 12:53 pm

Alanna wrote:Thanks! I don't know what to make of this. I feel like if there's a f1, it has to be Nick, provided he's the pre-fs visitor, it's going to be one hot mess if she chose Shawn after that. However, it does explain why there isn't a f1, if she's just totally done with both and over it by the time they got to the frc.

I think if anyone is looking for a definitive indication of how the show ends from just this one interview and Kaitlin's body language, they will probably end up disappointed. Body language can certainly indicate emotions that are being felt at a particular time or during a particular discussion, but what it doesn't do (and can't do) is read their mind and attribute the emotion seen to any specific event. In the case of this particular micro expression IMO she was feeling the emotion of either disgust or contempt. But that doesn't mean those feelings were about Nick - she could have been feeling them because of what someone else did because Nick was there. She could have wanted to choose Shawn but he might have been someone who backed away as a result of what she did (possibly with Nick) and she was disgusted with Shawn.

There's a couple of things I have learned about Kaitlin though:

1 - Like probably 99% of the rest of the world, she will show her emotions through a micro expres​sion(especially true if the emotions are strong ones).
2 - She generally is consistent with her head movements when she talks. For the most part I feel that if she has said something she believes is true, she will nod her head yes, which indicates her emotions about what she said indicates accuracy. Something to keep in mind if she at some point says something but shakes her head no.
3 - She does use her eye movements pretty consistently which can indicate if she is recalling something she remembers, or constructing her statements from her imagination.

One other thing to keep in mind is that the show's editors understand and can read body language (probably better than any of us here can) and they will use body language just as they use ITM statements and general edit tricks to both lead us and mislead us. While they can't control someone's body language they can certainly control what things they show us and what things they withhold.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2015 1:03 pm

Has she been on Jimmy yet since she was revealed as the bachelorette?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2015 1:14 pm

nd4reality wrote:I think she was waaay giggly when they said "and now he is in the mix".

Seems like he is still in the mix.

Firstly hi nd4reality. It's great to see you back posting for this season. And I agree. From all the interviews I've watched, she seems to be trying not to smile and remain neutral looking when giving her prepared answers about Nick but I see her eyes light up and a smile she's really trying hard not to let out. I really don't see any cringes of awkwardness or bad feelings which I think she'd have if she let him go at the very end after he followed his "strong feelings" (Kaitlyn's words) for her to come on the show. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Sat May 23, 2015 1:14 pm

Like Alanna, I am one of the slow kids in the back who read the posts about micro expressions with  fascination but needed the translation as to what it means.  giggling

2cents from a slow kid.... the disgust\contempt could be K's emotion about the fact that TPTB threw her under the bus with that preview that imo is very misleading as to what really did and did not happen, compounded the controversy of Nick returning with the tease that he is pre FS sex guy, and now she has to spend the season answering questions about it, because every interviewer will ask, yet she contractually has to be coy and not really answer the questions.  

She seems by nature pretty unabashed in being open and honest and not shying away from addressing controversy.  TPTB create the controversy, then basically wire her jaw shut in being able to really address it.  Personally, I wouldn't be able to hide my disgust\contempt for TPTB putting me in that position, and I'd be squirming from wanting to answer the questions, knowing they will continue to be asked 100 different ways, yet knowing I can't answer directly.

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sat May 23, 2015 1:50 pm

KB_Mom wrote:2cents from a slow kid.... the disgust\contempt could be K's emotion about the fact that TPTB threw her under the bus with that preview that imo is very misleading as to what really did and did not happen, compounded the controversy of Nick returning with the tease that he is pre FS sex guy, and now she has to spend the season answering questions about it, because every interviewer will ask, yet she contractually has to be coy and not really answer the questions.

Sure it could. As I posted above - things in body language show emotions and feelings but don't read minds to know with any certainty what specifically caused those emotions. Usually an experience will evoke emotions related in some way to that experience, and the stronger the emotions are the more likely that body language is going to reflect them.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Sat May 23, 2015 1:55 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
Alanna wrote:Thanks! I don't know what to make of this. I feel like if there's a f1, it has to be Nick, provided he's the pre-fs visitor, it's going to be one hot mess if she chose Shawn after that. However, it does explain why there isn't a f1, if she's just totally done with both and over it by the time they got to the frc.

I think if anyone is looking for a definitive indication of how the show ends from just this one interview and Kaitlin's body language, they will probably end up disappointed.
Body language can certainly indicate emotions that are being felt at a particular time or during a particular discussion, but what it doesn't do (and can't do) is read their mind and attribute the emotion seen to any specific event. In the case of this particular micro expression IMO she was feeling the emotion of either disgust or contempt. But that doesn't mean those feelings were about Nick - she could have been feeling them because of what someone else did because Nick was there. She could have wanted to choose Shawn but he might have been someone who backed away as a result of what she did (possibly with Nick) and she was disgusted with Shawn.

There's a couple of things I have learned about Kaitlin though:

1 - Like probably 99% of the rest of the world, she will show her emotions through a micro expres​sion(especially true if the emotions are strong ones).
2 - She generally is consistent with her head movements when she talks. For the most part I feel that if she has said something she believes is true, she will nod her head yes, which indicates her emotions about what she said indicates accuracy. Something to keep in mind if she at some point says something but shakes her head no.
3 - She does use her eye movements pretty consistently which can indicate if she is recalling something she remembers, or constructing her statements from her imagination.

One other thing to keep in mind is that the show's editors understand and can read body language (probably better than any of us here can) and they will use body language just as they use ITM statements and general edit tricks to both lead us and mislead us. While they can't control someone's body language they can certainly control what things they show us and what things they withhold.
Respectfully I disagree, especially on the "Definitive" part... the moment you are referring to is repeated throughout her interview multiple times as an intermission moment where she pauses and purses her lips as she pauses to say something. 

there is no proof that the moment it is related to the guys esp cos there are moments where it was not related to the guys that she has the expression. Also - in conjunction with her expressions about the guys AND the ending -- she shows consistent expressions which tell a different story. I also don't think it's a strong piece of evidence to hold on to in comparison with contradictory and consistent expressions which look authentic and are repeated across her convos with diff people. You can see the screencaps in the previous page.

If we were to see it as a valid point of evidence it would be clear that it points to correlation when other things aren't correlated to the same expression. It also has to be consistent JMO
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by officeRules Sat May 23, 2015 2:31 pm

She could be feeling disgust or contempt with a visible booger in her interviewer's nose. We can analyze body language as an additional possible clue to everything else we know, but I don't think it is ever 100% reliable.

As a Deaf person, I rely on body language, micro expressions and head/ hand placement consistently. I also know that it is sometimes wrong or misleading. A very interesting thread to read, though!
officeRules
officeRules

Female Posts : 992

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Sat May 23, 2015 3:18 pm

I think K. just has dry mouth--she's always doing that strange thing with her lips and seems to be licking her teeth. I have no idea of it's a result of stress, dry mouth, habit, or what. But she does it a lot.

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat May 23, 2015 3:34 pm

In this franchise, it is expected that there will be a F1 and a proposal. In the history of the 'ette, there has only been one, who didn't accept a proposal.

I cannot see her giggling and laughing saying "You'll just have to watch" pretending to be engaged if she isn't or if there isn't a happy couple. She may have chosen a F1 but not get engaged for now, and still happy and excited.. I would expect to see some sort of uncomfortable body behaviour or facial expressions knowing she'd get crucified if she didn't choose anyone while trying to give off the impression that she did. JMHO

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Body Language - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+24
AllAboutLove
remockered
Sprite
Luvstruck
moonchild