SELECT CONTENT

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by samc Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:59 am

JBF wrote:All of this was left in the edit to not only allow viewers to accept his final dumping, but also to remind Ben watching this unfold something he gained from this, despite losing the girl:

Barbara: I’ve been hoping that this has been a good experience…
Ben: This is one of the best experiences of my life. It’s changed from just being an adventure to actually having feelings for this girl. She’s incredible. She’s really great and I haven’t told her that I love her. I’m not forcing anything, but I told her that I like her and I like her a lot… and I like where things are going with her… and, watching you and dad, y’know, being married all those years is something that myself and Julia have always talked about wanting to model. Y’know, dating Ashley, um, has been an eye opening experience. There were times when I’ve been looking back on the first couple years after Dad died and how I should have been a better son and I should have done things differently… and I have regrets about those things. I have come to terms with those and I realized them. I should have been there more in the beginning.
Barbara: We all were having our own separate hurts individually and I think you were really coping with it the best you could.
Ben: I should have done it differently. I should have…
Barbara: But remember that’s the past…
Ben: It is.
Barbara: It’s nice that you acknowledged that. I really appreciate it. I think that Dad is really looking down on us. It’s his birthday tomorrow… and, you know, he’s probably thinking “Well done”.
Ben: We’re doing OK.
Barbara: And I think he’d be proud of you. I really do.

Love & agree with your whole post! This conversation was so emotional & private, I felt kinda awkward watching it. I'm torn between wanting Ben to move on with his life & having him do the Bach.....He's hilarious to me & think it would a great season. That outtake about Ash's toes had me :laughingoutlou 😆 rotfl

BTW JBF - I've enjoyed all your posts this season! :D
samc
samc

Female Posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by JBF Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:05 pm

Awww thank, samc.

I dunno... I guess I'm having second thoughts about Ben potentially being next Bach, provided he and Britt are not an item. It would be a howl if all of the ladies learned how to babytalk to his Jack Russell Terrier. I bet a season with him would be more fun than we would expect.

My first choice is still Rocketship Ryan, simply because he would be the most fun for us to screencap. Probably no two shots of his face would be the same. I could also see him pulling a Mesnick and crying over the balcony.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:51 pm

JBF wrote:Awww thank, samc.

I dunno... I guess I'm having second thoughts about Ben potentially being next Bach, provided he and Britt are not an item. It would be a howl if all of the ladies learned how to babytalk to his Jack Russell Terrier. I bet a season with him would be more fun than we would expect.

My first choice is still Rocketship Ryan, simply because he would be the most fun for us to screencap. Probably no two shots of his face would be the same. I could also see him pulling a Mesnick and crying over the balcony.

I still say I could look Mickey for 6 weeks. :hearts love: Not so much Ben. Sunshine is my second choice then Ames. rose bud

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:20 pm

Gina wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:
CarrieAlexander wrote:I love when she is dancing all up on him rotfl She is so sassy.

ASH "It was your sweet dance moves, they were like (insert adorable shimming)"
JP "That was you doing all that."

Best part? When she turns and looks at him with that sassy look in her eyes. She was well aware of what she was doing to her man. :P
She's been well aware all season, we even saw some of THAT. :missspeak:

Gina, I haven't seen all the posts, and wasn't able to see all of each episode. Your post above sounds intriguing! What did I miss??!!!!!! I love these two! JP is the best kisser in this franchise, and the way he looks at her..oh boy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer23 Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:28 pm

Teenamarie wrote:
I still say I could look Mickey for 6 weeks. :hearts love: Not so much Ben. Sunshine is my second choice then Ames. rose bud
ICAM. That would be my exact wish as well.
Archer23
Archer23

Female Posts : 4183

Back to top Go down

Post by samc Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Graham...Ben...Mickey...Ames - I'd enjoy any of those guys plus I really starting liking Nick on the MTA.

The only good thing for me about having Ryan is that it would be a 'fun' season....all snark....no pouring over screencaps & threads to see if my favorite is in the running.
samc
samc

Female Posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:20 am

I noticed this right away when watching the finale, but didn't bother to get the SC's to confirm until now.

Ashley talking about Ben and JP in the finale:
Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 9 Finalepi

Ashley saying f-you to Bentley (shown in Hong Kong episode):
Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 9 Bentleypi

It was speculated at the time of the Hong Kong episode that this was probably filmed much later, but its funny that the editors didn't even try to hide it. Sometimes the editors on this show are flat out LAZY haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:34 am

kashoo wrote:I noticed this right away when watching the finale, but didn't bother to get the SC's to confirm until now.

Ashley talking about Ben and JP in the finale:
Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 9 Finalepi

Ashley saying f-you to Bentley (shown in Hong Kong episode):
Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 9 Bentleypi

It was speculated at the time of the Hong Kong episode that this was probably filmed much later, but its funny that the editors didn't even try to hide it. Sometimes the editors on this show are flat out LAZY haha.

Good catch. I always knew her "FU Bentley" PI wasn't filmed in the Hong Kong episode. More like after the whole season was filmed and a couple episodes had already aired. :laughingoutlou
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19233

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:59 am

Wasn't some of her "crooning" over Bentley done here as well?

Actually, the shot of her saying her episode #3 "my 1 on 1 with Bentley was so great last night" (and possibly her voice-overs about "completely falling in love with him last night" and "moving to Salt Lake City" as well), was done in Hong Kong... post Bentley dumping. That backdrop she uses differs only in one wall color than the one JP used just before going on his date and, I think, one with Ryan possibly post-dragon race date. Same flowers, chest and curtain though. She was completely OVER Bentley when she made those scripted comments.

There are some here who think Bentley was her temporary final one guy, but I was never sold on that idea. For me, it was JP Final One at Meet & Greet, but possibly with some competition as she needed to be sure with the others... including Bentley and William. I think she had a strong attraction to The Bent, but the editing of episode #3 (with Fleiss actually partaking on it himself per a twitter comment he made on May 3) convinces me that the editors faked a lot. Yes, she wrapped her legs around him when she was upset about his leaving and probably got stressed later about how JP would react... which is why she covered her rear by discussing him with JP in Hong Kong.

Obviously, this couple knows ALL about the Real Bentley Story and how much of it differs from the TV Story.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:24 am

It could also be that Ashley swapped not having to be that physical with the guys on the show with being over the top devastated that B left. She didn't have to go through a FD with Ben, at least that was shown and the LCD was tame enough. Imagine what they would have had Ashley do if B had been in the F2!

How can you help it when the music starts to play, And your ability to reason is swept away
Oh-oh-oh, heaven on earth is all you see, You're out of touch with reality
And now you cry but when you do-- Next time around someone cries for you
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:38 am

JBF wrote:Obviously, this couple knows ALL about the Real Bentley Story and how much of it differs from the TV Story.

Which I think is just about all of the Bentley story. I've watched the M&G several times and watched Ashley's expression after first meeting Bentley and there is simply no way that she really fell for this guy, and I don't believe for one minute we weren't intended to see that look if we knew what to look for - it was left in the final edit for a purpose and it could have easily been taken out if they wanted to.

I think Bentley was cast as the villain from the get go and it was known from the beginning that he wouldn't stay long - probably always destined to leave at Episode 3. But by then it was becoming more and more apparent to Ashley that she was going to pick JP and that deal was finally consummated in Hong Kong (this maybe either a bad or a good choice of word here).

The scenes with Bentley were filmed before Ashley had decided that she couldn't wouldn't act anymore - later on, once her mind was made up, she was too afraid of how to explain the aftermath to JP so she stooped acting which left the show with a problem. Her explanation of Bentley to Jordan in Hong Kong was mostly show speak and probably explained fully later on that date. The rest of the seeming infatuation with Bentley was all done with voice overs and ITM that could have been and as we now see were filmed later on; a good cover for what was really going on.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:47 am

I'm not too sure that Ashley didn't really fall for Bentley early on. If you watch the early scenes with him, she's glowing and appears to be smitten. I also doubt very much she was acting when she was so upset by him leaving. I don't think she was fixating on Bentley for as long as they wanted us to believe however and that's the stuff that I believe was added after the fact.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15332

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers

+36
Nibbles22
northernviewer
albean99
Lucas15
bluwavz