SELECT CONTENT

JashFans project for JP & Ashley

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JashFans project for JP & Ashley - Page 5 Empty Re: JashFans project for JP & Ashley

Post by Alanna Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:17 pm

I don't understand the problem. They obviously appreciate all the fan support and tweet about watching the vids and enjoying the collages people make for them. I don't see the big deal. It's a cute idea and there's no reason not to do it.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

JashFans project for JP & Ashley - Page 5 Empty Re: JashFans project for JP & Ashley

Post by JBF Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:23 pm

Chacharo wrote:
JBF wrote:
Actually, we haven't considered a canine version of this video yet... that would be hysterical, especially with JP's reluctance to baby-talk:

Did you miss the canine version? I think it's been renamed. If I remember correctly, it used to have Bachelor in the title.

ETA: Sorry, completely off topic here - didn't even realize what thread I was in. I didn't want JBF to miss the canine version of the bach. Back to your regularly scheduled thread. Embarassed

Believe it or not, I DID see that one a while back. I also watched him sell his products on some show. Gee, I forgot about it though!

I actually liked his season, even if it was kinda dull.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:30 pm

Oh good grief, jurystillout! Aliberto are even inviting us to all come and visit! Can you imagine if Jordash does the same? Massive stampede!
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:55 pm

JBF wrote:Oh good grief, jurystillout! Aliberto are even inviting us to all come and visit! Can you imagine if Jordash does the same? Massive stampede!

I'm sure Roberto got a lot of business leads through fans visiting his office. While I doubt JP's line of work would benefit in the same way, once Ashley joins a dental practice, I bet her boss(es) won't mind some new patients making appointments because she's there.

I think there is a big difference between being an interested fan following the activities Jash chooses to share publicly, and who sends them support in the way of small tribute gifts, videos and the like, and being an obvious "dangerously obsessed" fan, who is deluded into thinking he/she is actually "friends" with the couple and as a result believes he/she is owed some sort of response/consideration/recognition. Someone like that is clearly disturbed and is easy to spot by comments and actions. Nobody on this board falls in that category by a wide margin, as far as I've seen.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:15 pm

Alanna wrote:I don't understand the problem. They obviously appreciate all the fan support and tweet about watching the vids and enjoying the collages people make for them. I don't see the big deal. It's a cute idea and there's no reason not to do it.

[ignoring all the ad hominem attacks (not from you, Alanna)] ... of course it isn't a big deal, but I think some folks (not you, my dear) tend to take a "celebrity's" tweet or courtesy for more than it's worth.

Ali is a semi public figure, actively pursuing a media career thus far via Bachelor Franchise paid appearances, a pilot cable show, and a local San Diego show. She got those opportunities as a result of being half of a successful, appealing reality TV couple on a primetime network show. Not a shameful profession, at all. She's cute and good at it, and shows promise, I think. As part of that profession, she needs to generate and maintain a certain buzz on social media sites, which is a key metric driving the price for her services in the marketplace, among others. When she interviews or auditions for jobs, her social media metrics are important (one way or the other.) So, dissing on, walking away from obsessive fan base is not an option. Professionally speaking, she has to promote and encourage a fan base.

"Celebrities" and almost celebrities (i.e., Bach Franchise people with 25k or fewer followers) use their social media accounts to manage public identity and sustain interest....not to make new friends from whom they would like to receive scrapbooks.

My entire point has been only the following. NO COUPLE comprised of mere mortals could possibly benefit from the moniker The Greatest Love Story Ever Told week after week. Many couples state that the relationship did not begin until the cameras went away. So, it's weird that people obsess about the very taped reactions they are trying to grow past as a couple.

In the celebrity area at any rate, scrapbooking is weird. That's my opinion.

P.S. Whoever got the idea I'm a "BEN" fan, or that I hate this couple, missed out on my X-thousand posts at FORT over a period of four years. I really don't attach to one couple or another any more, like most veterans truth be told. I actually find JP and Ashley hugely appealing and promising as a couple with a chance to have a real go at it, which if anything is what motivated my rant this morning to just back off and let them have a chance at real life away from the peering eyes.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:23 pm

"Celebrities" and almost celebrities (i.e., Bach Franchise people with 25k or fewer followers) use their social media accounts to manage public identity and sustain interest....not to make new friends from whom they would like to receive scrapbooks.
And you know this how...?

just back off and let them have a chance at real life away from the peering eyes.
They both had this chance before they signed on to appear on national TV... they CHOSE to forego it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantharose Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:26 pm

Chacharo wrote:
JBF wrote:
Actually, we haven't considered a canine version of this video yet... that would be hysterical, especially with JP's reluctance to baby-talk:

Did you miss the canine version? I think it's been renamed. If I remember correctly, it used to have Bachelor in the title.

ETA: Sorry, completely off topic here - didn't even realize what thread I was in. I didn't want JBF to miss the canine version of the bach. Back to your regularly scheduled thread. Embarassed

OMG! It's Prince Lo. Funny video! :laughingoutlou
Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantharose Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:29 pm

jlccaz wrote:
Alanna wrote:I don't understand the problem. They obviously appreciate all the fan support and tweet about watching the vids and enjoying the collages people make for them. I don't see the big deal. It's a cute idea and there's no reason not to do it.

[ignoring all the ad hominem attacks (not from you, Alanna)] ... of course it isn't a big deal, but I think some folks (not you, my dear) tend to take a "celebrity's" tweet or courtesy for more than it's worth.

Ali is a semi public figure, actively pursuing a media career thus far via Bachelor Franchise paid appearances, a pilot cable show, and a local San Diego show. She got those opportunities as a result of being half of a successful, appealing reality TV couple on a primetime network show. Not a shameful profession, at all. She's cute and good at it, and shows promise, I think. As part of that profession, she needs to generate and maintain a certain buzz on social media sites, which is a key metric driving the price for her services in the marketplace, among others. When she interviews or auditions for jobs, her social media metrics are important (one way or the other.) So, dissing on, walking away from obsessive fan base is not an option. Professionally speaking, she has to promote and encourage a fan base.

My entire point has been only the following. NO COUPLE comprised of mere mortals could possibly benefit from the moniker The Greatest Love Story Ever Told week after week. Many couples state that the relationship did not begin until the cameras went away. So, it's weird that people obsess about the very taped reactions they are trying to grow past as a couple.

P.S. Whoever got the idea I'm a "BEN" fan, or that I hate this couple, missed out on my X-thousand posts at FORT over a period of four years. I really don't attach to one couple or another any more, like most veterans truth be told. I actually find JP and Ashley hugely appealing and promising as a couple with a chance to have a real go at it, which if anything is what motivated my rant this morning to just back off and let them have a chance at real life away from the peering eyes.

So we should be sending Ali the scrapbook instead of Ashley & JP? no idea
Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:40 pm

the worst thing about flies at a picnic and fleas on a dog? They keep coming back to annoy the $hit out of you.

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:43 pm

I don't think anybody really considers Jash to be "the greatest love story ever told" in the history of the world, but in the Bachelor universe, they very well might be so far, at least in terms of what we saw on our TVs each week, since the other "love stories" from the franchise that have stood the test of time were more hidden, and the couple involved less articulate or demonstrative with their affection. And of course, their fans didn't give them that title in the first place, JP did, and that's why they are affectionately referred to as such, much like they became Team Cupcake for similar reasons. I seriously doubt that either of them is crumbling under the "pressure" of the moniker; on the contrary, I suspect they are flattered that their fans are so supportive.

Also, absolute parallels or comparisons to Ali/Roberto are misleading. Yes, Ali has chosen to pursue a career in the media for now, and has to court public approval through her fans in order to enhance her opportunities; thus she's still very visible and fans are still actively following her activities (not to mention they will be televising their wedding for sure). I'm assuming Ashley and JP aren't planning, and won't be needing to do the same. But their show only ended 2 weeks ago, while Ali/Roberto's ended over a year ago. If Jash return to the "humble life" that Ashley claims they want, and in 6-9 months, fans are still obsessing over their every move, maybe we have a problem. Right now I would consider it more a case of residual happiness overflow after a very tense season. It's bound to die down as time goes on. Nothing wrong with some harmless fun/gushing/fantasizing over this cute (and relatively rare, from this franchise) couple in love for now.

Last edited by ironcat on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:45 pm

Gina wrote:the worst thing about flies at a picnic and fleas on a dog? They keep coming back to annoy the $hit out of you.

Good Post I agree word rock

ironcat wrote:I don't think anybody really considers Jash to be "the greatest love story ever told" in the history of the world, but in the Bachelor universe, they very well might be so far, at least in terms of what we saw on our TVs each week, since the other "love stories" from the franchise that have stood the test of time were more hidden, and the couple involved less articulate or demonstrative with their affection. And of course, their fans didn't give them that title in the first place, JP did, and that's why they are affectionately referred to as such, much like they became Team Cupcake for similar reasons. I seriously doubt that either of them is crumbling under the "pressure" of the moniker; on the contrary, I suspect they are flattered that their fans are so supportive.

Yeah, that's JP's claim...not ours! LOL :P

Somone just needs to stay at the FORT.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:38 pm

Given JP's choice of gift to Ashley on their final date, and her reaction to said gift, I think it is a safe bet that neither of them find scrapbooking weird. Nor do they seem the type of people to criticize a present.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

JashFans project for JP & Ashley

+25
ironcat
Alanna
Prettybeaches
jurystillout
Chacharo