SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Page 58 of 79 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 68 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 58 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by Kolormiblnd Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:18 pm

coolangel wrote:
Kolormiblnd wrote:
bleuberry wrote:Yup. No offence to Bryan. Stedman's career spans 30-40+ yrs so idk how we can even compare the two, much less say Bryan 'surpassed' him. JMO.

I cannot speak to what @Chgohighlife meant but IMO, Bryan is 37yrs old, no failed marriage or child from a previous relationship behind him. Those were the baggage that Stedman brought with him to Oprah and if I remember correctly he was about the same age as Bryan when he and Oprah started out. IMHO

I think Bryan and Rachel are fine right now. I am only commenting on this coz it makes it seem that if Bryan did have a failed marriage or a child, he would be somehow less suitable as a partner to Rachel which I strongly disagree with. Everyone has relationship baggage in their own way - marriage or no marriage. And I agree with @bleuberry, I like Bryan but comparing him to Stedman is a bit too much IMO. All JMO

@coolangel, my point was that Bryan and Rachel are both coming to this relationship unencumbered by any prior emotional or financial entanglements/commitments that could put added stress on them (as if the stress of being a reality couple was not enough), IMO. I in no way meant to imply that a previous marriage or child would make Bryan a less than stellar companion for Rachel.  I am actually not comparing them to the Oprah and Stedman of today but to them approx 30yrs ago when they most resembled Rachel and Bryan.
Kolormiblnd
Kolormiblnd

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 58 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by coolangel Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:58 pm

Kolormiblnd wrote:@coolangel, my point was that Bryan and Rachel are both coming to this relationship unencumbered by any prior emotional or financial entanglements/commitments that could put added stress on them (as if the stress of being a reality couple was not enough), IMO. I in no way meant to imply that a previous marriage or child would make Bryan a less than stellar companion for Rachel.  I am actually not comparing them to the Oprah and Stedman of today but to them approx 30yrs ago when they most resembled Rachel and Bryan.

Thank you for clarifying. I personally think couples can't be compared coz we don't know where Bryan and Rachel will be 1 year from now.. forget 30 years. As of today, I think Rachel and Bryan are doing great and being supportive of one another. It's just been a few months since the show ended so I am good with them enjoying the perks of being a Bachelor Couple. Bryan has an education and professional credentials he can always go back to. It's all good IMO.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:00 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
peggy0221 wrote:IMO, having a professional career can still have huge ego too, and they are not mutually exclusive. From Rachel's "I'm the queen and I have my squad" attitude to their post show behavior, all I see is a very unlikable couple capitalizing their 15mins. Good for them to earn some extra like and money, just that this is not that kind of love story/individuals/couple I like and would admire.

Fans who have met Rachel and Bryan in person, frequently post about how sweet, approachable, down to earth and attractive they are IRL. I follow them both everyday and have seen zero evidence of the "huge ego" to which you refer, IMO. They are both confident and IMO have every reason and right to be. The "squad" chose Rachel as its leader and by doing so, extended their 15 minutes so, win-win but, Rachel and Bryan both have maintained the relationships and friendships they've had for years as evidenced by the many pictures they share in Instagram. Rachel and Bryan each appear to be closest and most inclusive with a special cousin who has been a big part of their lives since childhood based on pictures we've seen and HTDs. Those are the true tests of who a person is, IMO. In spite of all the "new friends", do they know who their tried and true friends are and these two clearly do, IMO. 

Brachel has weathered the negative fallout of whatever has gone right or wrong without "woe is me". They are positive, upbeat and confident enough to support each other as they try many new things and their adventure is very much fun to follow, IMO.  Some things will work, some will not but, I very much respect their willingness to try whatever they decide and conversely I  have no respect for the opposite end of the spectrum, afraid to venture out and take risks, ruled by fear. All JMO.

I am not going to debate the merits of this relationship. I frankly don't care. What I am going to say is something to keep in mind. Other couples from this franchise have met fans...even members of this forum...who have gushed how wonderful, nice, friendly, attractive, perfect together, etc these people were when they met up with them. Josh and Andi is the couple that immediately came to mind. We all know how that turned out. I'm not saying that this is the case with Rachel and Bryan, but these couples can be really good at fooling the public....until they implode. I guess we will have to wait to see if they go the distance. It's very early days in this relationship.

Last edited by Sprite on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:12 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
bleuberry wrote:
Fangirl26 wrote:@Chgohighlife I could be wrong but I thought Stedman was a successful businessman before Oprah?And he has a bachelors and master's degree.

Yup. No offence to Bryan. Stedman's career spans 30-40+ yrs so idk how we can even compare the two, much less say Bryan 'surpassed' him. JMO.

Absolutely. Stedman is an author and businessman who has written 10 business related and self-help books. Perhaps you can name them. I can't. I haven't read any.

You brought it up. no idea  I just don't find it relevant to Bryan and Rachel at all. 

@coolangel totally agree.

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 58 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:29 pm

Sprite wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:
peggy0221 wrote:IMO, having a professional career can still have huge ego too, and they are not mutually exclusive. From Rachel's "I'm the queen and I have my squad" attitude to their post show behavior, all I see is a very unlikable couple capitalizing their 15mins. Good for them to earn some extra like and money, just that this is not that kind of love story/individuals/couple I like and would admire.

Fans who have met Rachel and Bryan in person, frequently post about how sweet, approachable, down to earth and attractive they are IRL. I follow them both everyday and have seen zero evidence of the "huge ego" to which you refer, IMO. They are both confident and IMO have every reason and right to be. The "squad" chose Rachel as its leader and by doing so, extended their 15 minutes so, win-win but, Rachel and Bryan both have maintained the relationships and friendships they've had for years as evidenced by the many pictures they share in Instagram. Rachel and Bryan each appear to be closest and most inclusive with a special cousin who has been a big part of their lives since childhood based on pictures we've seen and HTDs. Those are the true tests of who a person is, IMO. In spite of all the "new friends", do they know who their tried and true friends are and these two clearly do, IMO. 

Brachel has weathered the negative fallout of whatever has gone right or wrong without "woe is me". They are positive, upbeat and confident enough to support each other as they try many new things and their adventure is very much fun to follow, IMO.  Some things will work, some will not but, I very much respect their willingness to try whatever they decide and conversely I  have no respect for the opposite end of the spectrum, afraid to venture out and take risks, ruled by fear. All JMO.

I am not going to debate the merits of this relationship. I frankly don't care. What I am going to say is something to keep in mind. Other couples from this franchise have met fans...even members of this forum...who have gushed how wonderful, nice, friendly, attractive, perfect together, etc these people were when them met up with them. Josh and Andi is the couple that immediately came to mind. We all know how that turned out. I'm not saying that this is the case with Rachel and Bryan, but these couples can be really good at fooling the public....until they implode. I guess we will have to wait to see if they go the distance. It's very early days in this relationship.

@Sprite, That's fair and I agree.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:30 pm

Sprite wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:

I am not going to debate the merits of this relationship. I frankly don't care. What I am going to say is something to keep in mind. Other couples from this franchise have met fans...even members of this forum...who have gushed how wonderful, nice, friendly, attractive, perfect together, etc these people were when them met up with them. Josh and Andi is the couple that immediately came to mind. We all know how that turned out. I'm not saying that this is the case with Rachel and Bryan, but these couples can be really good at fooling the public....until they implode. I guess we will have to wait to see if they go the distance. It's very early days in this relationship.

Voice of reason., imo,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:33 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:

I think everyone feels differently about the same thing, and while something you see as confident, I may see it as egotistic. And I don't like this couple, it's my feeling and I don't think it could be changed as all. I tried to many time to see something about Rachel, but she is just too much for my liking. and I'm never gonna change your feeling too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:58 pm

peggy0221 wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:

I think everyone feels differently about the same thing, and while something you see as confident, I may see it as egotistic. And I don't like this couple, it's my feeling and I don't think it could be changed as all. I tried to many time to see something about Rachel, but she is just too much for my liking. and I'm never gonna change your feeling too.

I understand @peggy0221 and I know how you feel because I feel the same. Once your mind is made up, it is and I respect that about you because I am the same way. Well supported convictions and opinions are what strong women are made of and strong does not mean monolithic to me. 

We will have a whole new season of folks to assess in a few months. I'm looking forward to comparing notes with you again on our new victims. Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 58 1176891977

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolormiblnd Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:16 pm

Chgohighlife wrote: Well supported convictions and opinions are what strong women are made of and strong does not mean monolithic to me. 

IA  yes   
The ability to not take a differing opinion personally is also a trait of strong women. You and I might be cheering for different cast members in January. Please remember this, but bring it on.....  hehehe
Kolormiblnd
Kolormiblnd

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:49 pm

Kolormiblnd wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote: Well supported convictions and opinions are what strong women are made of and strong does not mean monolithic to me. 

IA  yes   
The ability to not take a differing opinion personally is also a trait of strong women. You and I might be cheering for different cast members in January. Please remember this, but bring it on.....  hehehe

That's pretty much guaranteed. :yes: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 58 3806527698

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:51 pm

No one is trying to change any one's mind. Smiley We all post our opinions. We agree, disagree, somewhere in between. So if someone is responding to a post, it's their opinion sometimes coupled with facts, it's not posted to change anyone's mind.

SCMIIW- did they not say, Bryan specifically, they are going to write their exams so they can practice in California?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:55 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:No one is trying to change any one's mind. Smiley We all post our opinions. We agree, disagree, somewhere in between. So if someone is responding to a post, it's their opinion sometimes coupled with facts, it's not posted to change anyone's mind.

SCMIIW- did they not say, Bryan specifically, they are going to write their exams so they can practice in California?
Yes. On Wendy Bryan said he'd be taking the California boards and Rachel said she'd be taking the California state bar.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 79 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 68 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

+64
Ash2214
mindless
sdmom
Al
vacayeveryday