SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Page 62 of 79 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 70 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 62 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by coolangel Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:25 pm

adf23 wrote:I like Rachel, that is why I get so annoyed, laugh out loud.  Rachel defending Bryan, I get it.  It would be nice to see him defend her for a change.  No one is saying that he needs to get into IG wars over comments, but defend the woman you claim to love.  IMO it comes across that he doesn't care...enough.   And it has nothing to do with him being "above it all"- he doesn't care, period, IMO.

If Bryan had spent hours of his day defending himself when the show was on and just stayed clear of defending Rachel, I would buy your reasoning. But Bryan has never engaged with trolls even to defend himself IMO. Does that mean he doesn't care about himself either? That makes no sense to me. IMO He doesn't engage coz he is a secure, confident man and not an emo man-child who seeks validation from people who don't know him.

I honestly think Rachel should stop engaging coz it just leads to more hate. I know it's not in her nature (JMO) but when it comes to SM, less is more. I think seeing your relationship and yourself through others eyes - fans and trolls alike - is the biggest pitfall when it comes to this franchise. No one is as great as their fans think or as bad as the trolls say. Just living your life and not paying attention to SM comments is the smart thing to do IMO.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 62 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by Guest Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:28 pm

Again, it would increase my respect for him if he would defend Rachel as fiercely as she defends him. She definitely seems to be the more smitten between the two. IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by bachfan218 Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:28 pm

coolangel wrote:
adf23 wrote:I like Rachel, that is why I get so annoyed, laugh out loud.  Rachel defending Bryan, I get it.  It would be nice to see him defend her for a change.  No one is saying that he needs to get into IG wars over comments, but defend the woman you claim to love.  IMO it comes across that he doesn't care...enough.   And it has nothing to do with him being "above it all"- he doesn't care, period, IMO.

If Bryan had spent hours of his day defending himself when the show was on and just stayed clear of defending Rachel, I would buy your reasoning. But Bryan has never engaged with trolls even to defend himself IMO. Does that mean he doesn't care about himself either? That makes no sense to me. IMO He doesn't engage coz he is a secure, confident man and not an emo man-child who seeks validation from people who don't know him.

I honestly think Rachel should stop engaging coz it just leads to more hate. I know it's not in her nature (JMO) but when it comes to SM, less is more. I think seeing your relationship and yourself through others eyes - fans and trolls alike - is the biggest pitfall when it comes to this franchise. No one is as great as their fans think or as bad as the trolls say. Just living your life and not paying attention to SM comments is the smart thing to do IMO.

All JMO

ITA @coolangel! And I think she was doing pretty good recently, up until yesterday. She should ignore the comments... responding that way won't change anyone's mind about their relationship IMO. All they can do is continue to live their lives and they'll prove people wrong if they stay positive and ignore the trolls. JMO.

Last edited by bachfan218 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
bachfan218
bachfan218

Female Posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:30 pm

adf23 wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:Or maybe she has told him to stay out of it. JMO.

But yet, she can't stay out of it.  Doesn't make sense, IMO.

No one can control another person. We each maintain control over ourselves. So what she does is her business. JMO

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:36 pm

adf23 wrote:Again, it would increase my respect for him if he would defend Rachel as fiercely as she defends him.   She definitely seems to be the more smitten between the two. IMO.

But why would you think your respect or lack thereof for Bryan matters in any way to him? And that is essentially the point with this social media discussion. These comments are from people who saw some hours of edited footage of these people and make judgments of them like they're facts. But they're not. They're just the opinions of some random people, good or bad, who don't know either of these people personally. So I will never judge someone who chooses not to give said opinions of said random people any weight, attention or power in his life. JMO

ITA! And I think she was doing pretty good recently, up until yesterday. She should ignore the comments...

Well she did say one of her triggers was people coming for Bryan but yeah she has to learn that engaging is never a good idea. The thing is Rachel will always be who she is, as will Bryan and I think that's what we're really seeing with this. She is someone will throw a clap back and respond once in awhile because that's her. It's not who Bryan is. Their actions, IMO are simply consistent with their personalities.

Last edited by lleyki on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:39 pm

@Chgohighlife I don't know much specifically about those exams but do know about other re-licensing exams.
There will be new issues depending on the state (California laws specifically vs Florida for Bryan or Texas for Rachel) and there are courses you can take, too, online study guides and refresher courses etc. Personally, I don't think it's a huge challenging issue for either party.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl26 Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:43 pm

Even so-called A-listers clapback occasionally at trolls online so if Rachel, who is basically a regular person with a public profile now, wants to give a classy clapback once and awhile I don't see a problem. She is allowed to speak her mind just as others are allowed to criticize. Don't give it if you can't take it. Honestly though, her clapbacks are mild compared to some others I've seen...JMO.
Fangirl26
Fangirl26

Back to top Go down

Post by bachfan218 Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:48 pm

lleyki wrote:
adf23 wrote:Again, it would increase my respect for him if he would defend Rachel as fiercely as she defends him.   She definitely seems to be the more smitten between the two. IMO.

But why would you think your respect or lack thereof for Bryan matters in any way to him? And that is essentially the point with this social media discussion. These comments are from people who saw some hours of edited footage of these people and make judgments of them like they're facts. But they're not. They're just the opinions of some random people, good or bad, who don't know either of these people personally. So I will never judge someone who chooses not to give said opinions of said random people any weight, attention or power in his life. JMO

ITA! And I think she was doing pretty good recently, up until yesterday. She should ignore the comments...

Well she did say one of her triggers was people coming for Bryan but yeah she has to learn that engaging is never a good idea. The thing is Rachel will always be who she is, as will Bryan and I think that's what we're really seeing with this. She is someone will throw a clap back and respond once in awhile because that's her. It's not who Bryan is. Their actions, IMO are simply consistent with their personalities.

Yes one thing for sure IMO is that they are both being true to who they are and I appreciate that. Of course no one is perfect, so I get that Rachel will clap back when she wants to. I just like both of them individually and as a couple so it bothers me that loser trolls get to her because they shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things. However, I don't know what it's like to be in her position because I only have 300 followers on IG and I never get mean comments laugh out loud

Last edited by bachfan218 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
bachfan218
bachfan218

Female Posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:51 pm

Bryan has left his family, his job and his beloved Miami to be with Rachel - something most men have not and would not have done IMO and soon she will leave her home and family for them to start their lives together.  I don't doubt their love for each other, at all. I have seen no reason to doubt what they show us every day. 

IMO, fighting back on SM with a bunch of people who are only relevant if you give them that power is NOT something most men I know would engage in. They would do what Bryan is likely doing, completely ignore it and encourage everyone they love to do the same. IMO, the failure to clap back to trolls is a measure of self-control and strategic thinking and has zero to do with love. IMO, the major info we know and have seen and been told about Bryan; he is strategic, focused, unshakeable and determined. SM trolls are no place on his program so, like most men I know, he's giving them zero energy and attention. I admire that. Like Rachel, I couldn't always do it but, I definitely admire it. JMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:58 pm

Agreed. the only reason I roll my eyes at them it is because he had no problem defending his mom's character. After the final episodes he was quick to point out how well they got along and how 'not crazy' his mom was. Which is awesome but a peep in Rachel's defense would be nice. JMO
well wishes to them though.

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:00 pm

Just like most of us will not change someone else's opinions of a contestant no matter how much we debate on this board, I highly doubt Bryan's sm actions will win him a few fans. H@ters are going to hate, trolls are going to troll. I'very read attacks of Bryan, the way he looks, he dresses, he acts, even his Spanish.... on different boards, so why he bothers? Some will continue to vivaciously attack him no matter what. So he should just focus on the important stuff. His action is the best defense, imo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:46 pm

I am pretty sure I have never stated anyone isn't entitled to an opinion and I've certainly never "condemned" anyone. I merely responded to said opinion with my opinion. Kind of how this works. Two, I missed the story I wrote. And three, Bryan isn't my fave, none of these people are. I simply like him well enough because I've never gotten a reason not to.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 62 of 79 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 70 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

+64
Ash2214
mindless
sdmom
Al
vacayeveryday