SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Page 22 of 81 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 51 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 22 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by sdmom Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:11 pm

notarose wrote:^^^
Speaking of important events - no invite or plus 1 for Becca
https://www.refinery29.com/2018/03/193149/bachelor-arie-wedding-to-lauren-becca-not-invited

Did any one read/watch that interview? I always wonder if he means Becca or Bekah? Can someone clarify/ thanks

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 22 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:15 pm

North wrote:RE: Lauren's engagements

Starting at the 16:30 mark on the Betchelor podcast, the hosts and Bekah M. and Kendall start talking about Lauren's engagements and the confusion over the 2 engagements. It sounds like both Bekah & Kendall agree that Lauren was engaged twice. Based on Kendall's commentary about Lauren growing up where people get engaged young, it may have been a brief and youthful engagement. Would love someone else's take on it.

Overall, I thought they were very complimentary of Lauren albeit a bit concerned about Arie's role/control in her life and the chaos and confusion of the start of the relationship.

And IMO Kendall is absolutely too good for Bachelor Nation and Bekah is going to kill it on Bachelor in Paradise or frankly wherever she lands.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-betchelor/id1271840754?mt=2

Very informative interview. To me, it did sound like she was engaged twice . Also, she wants to get married because where she’s from, they get married early. Guess the girls got a chance to see Libby in the mansion twerking on the wall with Jenna. I think Lauren will be good little wife for Arie and still seems impressionable .
If she’s that desperate to get married , they will.
Jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:17 pm

umngirl wrote:
Aria wrote:Yeah, Courtney never said the words "I'm madly in love with him", but anyone could tell. **IMO** Look at the comments on Reddit, it's very clear to anyone who listened that Courtney is in love with him. She said that she wanted things to work out with him in 2016, but he started seeing Sydney behind her back and it was the same thing that had happened the first time they dated. And last year, when they were both single, she thought they would finally get together and he would commit to her. She talked about how Arie told her that she'd given him a lot of chances and he was lucky to have her. He said if they ever started something he'd want it to be real. That's why she cried when he was announced, because she thought that something was finally going to happen with them and she realized it wouldn't. Look at the way she defends his cheating (basically saying he only cheated because Sydney didn't ask him if he was), the way she talks about how well he treats a girl and treats her to fancy dinners, her clear jealousy of Sydney, ...the girl is deep in love with him. **IMO** It seems like she respects his relationship with Lauren and truly believes they're in love and will get married, but her feelings are still there. Yes, she's sleeping with other people. It's not relevant to her feelings,**IMO** since she's been holding on to hope that he'll choose her for the last five years and had been sending his ex-girlfriend messages like "if only your girl knew" to basically taunt her about her relationship with Arie. Heck, the reason that Arie and Sydney broke up was because he was hanging out with Courtney that day, lied to her about it, and she called him out on it. IMO, it's very clear she is the Ashley to his Jared and it's going to cause problems. IMO.

Bet2Win wrote:
umngirl wrote:I’m confused, Aria’s post does say it’s her opinion that Courtney is madly in love with Arie. I happen to hold the same opinion based on Courtney’s words and actions. Is that not allowed because she didn’t flat out say it? (I mean she wasn’t going to admit that on RS’s podcast anyway.)

Aria's post does have imo at the end of it, but there are several different statements.  I didn't listen to the podcast, and when I read Aria's post, the way it is stated, I thought Courtney copped to being madly in love with him, by stating the details of her crying, etc after that statement.

Everything is allowed, as long as the members and non member readers know it's an opinion.

Aria’s post has IMO in there several times including right after she said Courtney is madly in love with him. Am I missing something?

That's not the post that is being referred to.

@Aria, thank you for editing your original post. bestbud!
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:22 pm

Alanna wrote:
ReneeM wrote:
notarose wrote:^^^
Speaking of important events - no invite or plus 1 for Becca
https://www.refinery29.com/2018/03/193149/bachelor-arie-wedding-to-lauren-becca-not-invited
This y'all mans? I just don't know how Becca's gonna deal, not getting an invite to the imaginary wedding of this trifling azz couple (IMO), I'm sure she was on pins and needles waiting for her invitation in the mail :dripdrip
Why did he even bring Becca up?? So strange. Also this wedding is seriously nonexistent, so it’s all a moot point imo.

IMO they are talking about Baby Bekah not being invited bc she posted about DM’s Arie sent to her ( they said she was being immature). Pretty sure Becca K wouldn’t be invited either .... not that Becca K would want to be there.... to this nonexistent wedding.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:23 pm

Bet2Win wrote:
Aria wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:Did Courtney say she was madly in love with Arie? If she did please post the podcast link and the time she said it.

If not please advise, so I can delete the posts that indicate Courtney was madly in love with Arie.

I just caught up on 6 pages, and I have no idea what's fact and what's not. Going forward, we'll just delete posts. We will not be a source for tabloids with incorrect information.

Thanks.

Like I've said, she never said it, it was my (and many others') deduction from her words and actions on the podcast. It is my *opinion*. Per forum rules, those are allowed here. If you have to delete my opinion, then you must delete everyone else's as well. Posters say things like "he is clearly not into her" or "I've never seen him so in love before" all the time and those are never threatened to be deleted. Those are not factual statements, those are also opinions based on observations.  It's unfair to single someone out, when they are following forum rules, just because you do not agree with said opinon yourself.

Here's the difference...Arie says he's so in love with (fill in the blank laugh out loud ).  Your post said that Courtney is/was madly in love with Arie, without her ever saying it.  

The problem is, when something is posted without imo or I think, or I believe,  the follow up posts refer to those beliefs as fact.   Imo

ETA, you're not the only one.   There have been several posts that don't have imo's when they clearly should have, but it's getting to be too much.  

That's fair, but I believe then that there should be a notice or warning to include IMOs, instead of demands to provide souces and threats to delete. It's especially unfair as, like you said, I'm not the only one who hasn't included IMOs after every single sentence, but I'm the only one who's being publicly called out. It's in poor taste and it's not fair. Like I said, personal opinion should not get in the way of enforcing forum rules equally.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:26 pm

umngirl wrote:
Aria wrote:Yeah, Courtney never said the words "I'm madly in love with him", but anyone could tell. **IMO** Look at the comments on Reddit, it's very clear to anyone who listened that Courtney is in love with him. She said that she wanted things to work out with him in 2016, but he started seeing Sydney behind her back and it was the same thing that had happened the first time they dated. And last year, when they were both single, she thought they would finally get together and he would commit to her. She talked about how Arie told her that she'd given him a lot of chances and he was lucky to have her. He said if they ever started something he'd want it to be real. That's why she cried when he was announced, because she thought that something was finally going to happen with them and she realized it wouldn't. Look at the way she defends his cheating (basically saying he only cheated because Sydney didn't ask him if he was), the way she talks about how well he treats a girl and treats her to fancy dinners, her clear jealousy of Sydney, ...the girl is deep in love with him. **IMO** It seems like she respects his relationship with Lauren and truly believes they're in love and will get married, but her feelings are still there. Yes, she's sleeping with other people. It's not relevant to her feelings,**IMO** since she's been holding on to hope that he'll choose her for the last five years and had been sending his ex-girlfriend messages like "if only your girl knew" to basically taunt her about her relationship with Arie. Heck, the reason that Arie and Sydney broke up was because he was hanging out with Courtney that day, lied to her about it, and she called him out on it. IMO, it's very clear she is the Ashley to his Jared and it's going to cause problems. IMO.

Bet2Win wrote:
umngirl wrote:I’m confused, Aria’s post does say it’s her opinion that Courtney is madly in love with Arie. I happen to hold the same opinion based on Courtney’s words and actions. Is that not allowed because she didn’t flat out say it? (I mean she wasn’t going to admit that on RS’s podcast anyway.)

Aria's post does have imo at the end of it, but there are several different statements.  I didn't listen to the podcast, and when I read Aria's post, the way it is stated, I thought Courtney copped to being madly in love with him, by stating the details of her crying, etc after that statement.

Everything is allowed, as long as the members and non member readers know it's an opinion.

Aria’s post has IMO in there several times including right after she said Courtney is madly in love with him. Am I missing something?
Who do you think added those **IMO**'s? 
HMMMMM....maybe me?
The post under consideration was written at 6:01. It was edited by poster at 8:45 with an (IMO) which was not mine.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:19 am

THAT IMO WAS NOT THERE WHEN I READ THIS POST.

Aria wrote:
FWB who also happens to be madly in love with him (IMO) and was hoping he would finally commit to her in September, before he went off to be the Bachelor, and cried when he was announced, knowing they couldn't be together. I'm sure that will cause absolutely zero problems whatsoever. Maybe this time Court can try not to rub in their extracurricular activities by leaving messages like "if only your girl knew!" on his IG. IMO.

THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE. DOES THAT SOUND LIKE AN OPINION?

FWB who also happens to be madly in love with him and was hoping he would finally commit to her in September before he went off to be the Bachelor, and cried when he was announced, knowing they couldn't be together. I'm sure that will cause absolutely zero problems whatsoever

AM I SUPPOSE TO THINK WELL MAYBE THAT'S WHAT SHE MEANT IN THE PODCAST WHICH I NEVER LISTENED TO? AM I SUPPOSE TO GUESS AND TAKE IT AS FACT THAT COURTNEY IS STILL IN LOVE WITH ARIE AND SHE SAID SO??

THE FOLLOWING IMO'S WERE ADDED LATER BTW- I'M NOT GOING TO SEARCH OTHER FORUMS FOR FACTS, SO DON'T TELL ME TO GO LOOK ANYWHERE. TYPING A PARAGRAPH OF OPINIONS THAT WE DON'T KNOW IF THEY ARE FACTS OR IF IT'S A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION AND STICKING AN IMO AT THE END DOESN'T CUT IT.

THIS IS ME ASKING TO PROVIDE PROOF BECAUSE I WAS CONFUSED. DOES IT NOT SAY PROVIDE PROOF SO I CAN DELETE POSTS, AS IN PLURAL?

GuardianAngel wrote:Did Courtney say she was madly in love with Arie? If she did please post the podcast link and the time she said it.

If not please advise, so I can delete the posts that indicate Courtney was madly in love with Arie.

I just caught up on 6 pages, and I have no idea what's fact and what's not. Going forward, we'll just delete posts. We will not be a source for tabloids with incorrect information.

Thanks.

DID I PUBLICLY CALL ANYONE OUT SPECIFICALLY? NO, BECAUSE THERE WERE SEVERAL MENTIONS OF THAT STATEMENT.

Aria wrote:That's fair, but I believe then that there should be a notice or warning to include IMOs, instead of demands to provide souces and threats to delete. It's especially unfair as, like you said, I'm not the only one who hasn't included IMOs after every single sentence, but I'm the only one who's being publicly called out. It's in poor taste and it's not fair. Like I said, personal opinion should not get in the way of enforcing forum rules equally. ges, and I have no idea what's fact and what's not. Going forward, we'll just delete posts. We will not be a source for tabloids with incorrect information.

Thanks.

Aria wrote:Like I've said, she never said it, it was my (and many others') deduction from her words and actions on the podcast. It is my *opinion*. Per forum rules, those are allowed here. If you have to delete my opinion, then you must delete everyone else's as well. Posters say things like "he is clearly not into her" or "I've never seen him so in love before" all the time and those are never threatened to be deleted. Those are not factual statements, those are also opinions based on observations.  It's unfair to single someone out, when they are following forum rules, just because you do not agree with said opinon yourself.

GOING FORWARD WE CERTAINLY WILL DELETE ALL POSTS THAT ARE CONFUSING AND NOT CLEAR BECAUSE WHEN WE GIVE THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT WITH SOME POSTS, WE GET ACCUSED OF NOT BEING FAIR. ALSO, WHEN DID I NOT AGREE WITH THAT STATEMENT?? IF I DIDN'T AGREE WITH SOMETHING I'LL POST MY OPINION JUST LIKE EVERY SINGLE MEMBER HERE. IF I'M CONFUSED BETWEEN FACTS VS WHATEVER YOU'RE THINKING IN YOUR HEAD, I'LL ASK.

LET ME BE CLEAR. I AND OTHERS SPEND HOURS ON THIS FORUM, SOME OF US PAY MONEY FOR CERTAIN THINGS, WE GET PAID NOTHING TO BE HERE FOR ENDLESS HOURS. IF I LIKE SOMEONE I WILL POST MY OPINIONS, IF I DON'T LIKE SOMEONE I'LL POST MY OPINIONS, SOMETIMES I DON'T BOTHER. SOMETIMES THE COMMENTS ARE HARSH AND I DON'T WANT TO CONTRIBUTE, SO I SAY NOTHING. MY OPINIONS WHAT I POST AND WHAT I THINK HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYONE BUT ME.

ONE THING I WILL NOT DO IS FAVOUR ANYONE. JUST BECAUSE I'M POSTING IN A FAN FORUM DOESN'T MEAN I'M NOT AGREEING WITH OTHER NEGATIVE POSTS. I'M INSULTED TO BE ACCUSED OF PICKING ON ANYONE BECAUSE I DON'T AGREE WITH SOMEONE. THAT IS SOMETHING I WILL NEVER DO BECAUSE I HAVE NO REASON. MY JOB WHEN I TOOK OVER THIS FORUM IS TO ENSURE THE RULES ARE FOLLOWED ENSURE EVERYONE ENJOY'S THE FORUM, AND FOR MY PERSONAL SATISFACTION IS TO TEACH AS MANY NEW MEMBERS HOW TO SLEUTH SO THE ART OF SLEUTHING IS NOT LOST.

THE GUY IS HATED, THAT'S EVERYONE'S RIGHT TO FEEL THAT WAY. I COULD CARE LESS IF HE'S HATED OR LOVED. I POST WHAT I THINK.  WHEN ANYTHING POSITIVE IS POSTED THAT MEMBER GETS SNARKED ON JUST BECAUSE THEY AREN'T TRASHING THE GUY. WE'VE DELETED POSTS THAT ARE DOWNRIGHT NASTY TOWARDS OTHER MEMBERS JUST BECAUSE THEY POST SOMETHING POSITIVE. DON'T ACCUSE ME OF FAVOURING ANYONE JUST BECAUSE MY OPINION ISN'T THE SAME AS YOURS.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:40 am

Stone_Hedge wrote:

Starting at the 16:30 mark on the Betchelor podcast, the hosts and Bekah M. and Kendall start talking about Lauren's engagements and the confusion over the 2 engagements. It sounds like both Bekah & Kendall agree that Lauren was engaged twice. Based on Kendall's commentary about Lauren growing up where people get engaged young, it may have been a brief and youthful engagement. Would love someone else's take on it.

Overall, I thought they were very complimentary of Lauren albeit a bit concerned about Arie's role/control in her life and the chaos and confusion of the start of the relationship.

And IMO Kendall is absolutely too good for Bachelor Nation and Bekah is going to kill it on Bachelor in Paradise or frankly wherever she lands.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-betchelor/id1271840754?mt=2

Very informative interview. To me, it did sound like she was engaged twice . Also, she wants to get married because where she’s from, they get married early. Guess the girls got a chance to see Libby in the mansion twerking on the wall with Jenna. I think Lauren will be good little wife for Arie and still seems impressionable .
If she’s that desperate to get married , they will.
Jmo

My memory from watching Arie's season is that about halfway through the season, when Lauren first came out of the shadows, she talked about having been engaged twice. Then later in the season, she spoke about her prior "engagement" as though she had only been engaged once. I remember that distinctly because it really confused me.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:03 am

I don’t recall Lauren ever stating that she was engaged twice on the show. The only time I recall her talking about her previous engagement was during her 1st 1-1.

As for the wedding invite thing, it was obvious to me that they meant the IMO exceedingly annoying Bekah M. who has been openly mocking them on SM/in interviews.

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:07 am

Rolly wrote:
Alanna wrote:
ReneeM wrote:
This y'all mans? I just don't know how Becca's gonna deal, not getting an invite to the imaginary wedding of this trifling azz couple (IMO), I'm sure she was on pins and needles waiting for her invitation in the mail :dripdrip
Why did he even bring Becca up?? So strange. Also this wedding is seriously nonexistent, so it’s all a moot point imo.

IMO they are talking about Baby Bekah not being invited bc she posted about DM’s Arie sent to her ( they said she was being immature). Pretty sure Becca K wouldn’t be invited either .... not that Becca K would want to be there.... to this nonexistent wedding.
IA. I think I saw the original article where Bekah’s name was misspelled, but I can’t find it now. It was probably quoted by another outlet and taken out of context.
I actually think it’s funny that even this whiny attempt to clap back would come back and bite him – sorry not sorry. laugh out loud

Not that it matters, since as you say none of the Beccas would come anyway. I don’t think any of the women would after seeing their faces Suspect  no no  during the proposal.
All JMO

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:21 am

I've listened to that podcast several times - repeating that segment. What I heard was the interviewer asking the question quite clearly. The initial (and also quite clear) reply was that "she said once on the show". What followed was Kendal and Bekah talking over the top of each other which made it difficult for me to tell who was saying what or even what they were saying, but there seemed to be a final thought that it was twice - but no source for this information was ever provided. IMO the interviewer dropped the ball in not asking where it was that Bekah / and / or Kendal got their information from - IMO that would end up being a deleted post on our forum as being hearsay rather than fact. I believe that Bekah and Kendal most likely based their opinion on information being bandied about after the show and they had no personal confirmation from Lauren or anyone else that gave them any special insight - they were only speculating. An interview / podcast is not subject to the (wise) discipline we follow here - state an opinion as clearly an opinion rather than represent it as a fact.

My personal view (from various things said here and in interviews and article) is that Lauren did have a HS "sweetheart" and that like so often happens between HS sweethearts there could have been talk about marriage down the road. IMO that got misreported (initially by Robert Mills) that she had been engaged twice - but no one has presented me with any evidence that the HS sweetheart was actually ever engaged to Lauren - or for that matter that Lauren was ever engaged to anyone other than Chris Crane. IMO Lauren was only engaged once as has been stated by Lauren and confirmed by a friend of hers and to me, that's more compelling than an unconfirmed rumor which IMO was started by Robert Mills and just got legs afterwards.
JMHO

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Imp Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:31 am

Lucas15 wrote:

My personal view (from various things said here and in interviews and article) is that Lauren did have a HS "sweetheart" and that like so often happens between HS sweethearts there could have been talk about marriage down the road. IMO that got misreported (initially by Robert Mills) that she had been engaged twice - but no one has presented me with any evidence that the HS sweetheart was actually ever engaged to Lauren - or for that matter that Lauren was ever engaged to anyone other than Chris Crane. IMO Lauren was only engaged once as has been stated by Lauren and confirmed by a friend of hers and to me, that's more compelling than an unconfirmed rumor which IMO was started by Robert Mills and just got legs afterwards.
JMHO

Yeah, I'm thinking it was a 'promise ring' type of situation or something else to that effect, where it may be a matter of opinion as to how you define it? Like at the time, she might have thought of it as an engagement, but in hindsight she doesn't, because they were in high school or something? Totally speculating here, IMO etc.

In any case, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. It just goes to show that she's certainly the type of girl that has marriage on the brain, so I'm sure it will happen soon with Arie. He does have a lot of making up to do!

Imp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 81 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 51 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

+86
crunchette
proudmommy50810
LiboLRC
everglow
nikikass