SELECT CONTENT

What do you do for a living?

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What do you do for a living? Empty What do you do for a living?

Post by jello1592 Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:28 pm

I've always wondered what ya'll do for a living Smiley Careers, eduation interests, and future hopes are all things that we can discuss!
jello1592
jello1592

Female Posts : 3284

Back to top Go down

What do you do for a living? Empty Re: What do you do for a living?

Post by jello1592 Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Without giving away too much information!

I am a third year student in college, studying psychology. My interests include sports psychology with an emphasis on psychological factors and sports performance. I am starting to look at graduate schools and hope to one day obtain my PhD.

Along with going to school full time, I work two part time jobs. I work at a catering facility on the weekends. Basically what this entails is serving at weddings, parties, and such. It keeps me moving and I aboslutely love it! I also work for my mom's business on the side. Her office is in our home so my commute is fairly short (roll out of bed and down the steps)
jello1592
jello1592

Female Posts : 3284

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:49 pm

I'm also a third year college student, studying psychology! I'm not positive about a specialization yet but I'm deciding between clinical/abnormal psychology or counseling. Either way I will have to go to grad school but will bepushing for a PhD down the road.

Besides gong to school full time I'm a nanny and start a new part time job next week working on Mondays and Fridays, I have cut back from full time 40 hours a week to 20 because of my heavy school load this semester (classes all day Tuesday and Thursdays, literally all day and night rotfl)

👋 Love this thread idea!
CarrieA
CarrieA

Female Posts : 3482

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppermom Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:10 pm

What a great idea! I'm a numbers gal. Accounting for way too many years! I just started a new job this week. Getting in on the ground floor of an expanding company. Hopefully it works the way I think it will.

I'm married to a wonderful man, have one son and three step-children. All grown. I love gardening, reading and this board! :dancing peg:

Tough times don't last, tough people do.  Life is a journey, not a destination.
Peppermom
Peppermom

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Great idea for a thread jello! Smiley

I am currently unemployed, but I am in college full time going for Early Childhood Education.

I spent years in College majoring in Nursing, but when it came to clinicals, it just wasn't the job for me. So I switched to Early Childhood Education. I do babysit sometimes on the side.

I am 23, no kids (I have a baby though, my little doggie Cuddles ;), and never been married. I enjoy scrapbooking, reading, swimming, and shopping. Smiley
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:29 pm

I'm a 4th-year, 2nd semester Senior in college (graduating in less than 4 months!) with a major in Kinesiology, emphasis on Clinical Movement and I also am a Coaching minor. I am taking a year off from school then going to get my Doctorate of Physical Therapy degree. SO hopefully in about 4 years, I will be a licensed Dr. of Physical Therapy and a high school volleyball/track coach.

As for my job, I do some coaching on the side for various things, mostly for the fun of it. I do volunteer work at a very large, well-known Orthropedic Center.

What do you do for a living? 87b72b10 What do you do for a living? 86669110 What do you do for a living? Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by deedreamer Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:07 am

For the last twenty years I have worked as the Office Manager and personal secretary to a world famous doctor(Edgar A. Barnett) that practices Clinical Analytical Hypnotherapy I also manage his book publishing enterprise. If you are more interested in him you can find out more at http://junicapublishing.com

I write and illustrate children's books as a hobby and look forward to doing more when I retire from my "real job". My other two addictions are computer graphics and reality TV. I love this board because I can feed both addictions LOL.

Previous to this occupation I spent 20 years as a chef and restaurant manager which I loved but it is a physically demanding job with extremely long hours on your feet, lots of night and weekend work so after I hit age 40 I decided to change to a more sane occupation.

For the first couuple of years out of high school I worked in various clerical positions for Atomic Energy of Canada.

All in all, I have been blessed to live a diversified and interesting life. And through all that got to be a wife (42 years and counting), mother of 1 and grandmother of 2.

What do you do for a living? TeamJemSigTag

Be aware of half truths - you may have the wrong half
If you can't impress them with intelligence you can always baffle them with bullsh*t
Will Rogers said that he never met a man he didn't like...but then he never met Mike Fleiss
deedreamer
deedreamer

Female Posts : 939

http://thetoyboxgrannies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 8:24 pm

Last edited by tausi on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28, 2012 4:53 am

I will be precise yet cryptic... I am Enterprise Program manager in a localization company :)

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamGal Mon May 28, 2012 5:16 pm

I am a Pricing Manager for a global manufacturer. I basically run P&L (profits and losses) spreadsheets all day to make sure we make money on our goods.

Not really what my degree in Journalism from the University of Minnesota was intended for, but I've always been good with numbers.

#teamjodi #teamsushi #teamjash #teamcupcake #teamarie #teameinstein
GrahamGal
GrahamGal

Female Posts : 4592

Back to top Go down

Post by black_tears Tue May 29, 2012 1:06 am

I'm a clinical therapist (mental health). I have my Masters degree in Counseling Psychology and got my Bachelor's degree in Psychology and Spanish. I spend my days doing therapy mostly with the Latino population so I do most of my counseling in Spanish. I'm also working at my private practice in my spare time (ha ha). Seems there are some psychology majors on here so if you have any questions about the counseling track, send me a PM! :Smiley:

I'm also the proud mommy to one extremely spoiled papillon.
black_tears
black_tears

Female Posts : 1107

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:31 pm

I am a stay at home mom to our 4 year-old son, but prior to this, I worked for cardiac surgeons.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What do you do for a living?

+48
Diana
ddsmom17
FLChica
vivi2
GuardianAngel