SELECT CONTENT

What do you do for a living?

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What do you do for a living? - Page 7 Empty Re: What do you do for a living?

Post by lcwilli3 Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:05 am

Seems there are a lot of psychologists on this site. Coincidence? Or does reality TV allow us to better observe mental illness/psychiatric conditions?

Of the psychologists and psychology experts here, do you find yourself evaluating reality TV contestants?

lcwilli3

Back to top Go down

Post by jurystillout Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:56 am

So great to learn what people do in their everyday life... :Smiley: I am not that exciting... but here goes nothing.. I am married to my husband for almost 13 years now. We have two kids 5 & 8 and I graduated from college when I was pregnant with my oldest. I got a degree in Linguistics and did nothing with it after I graduated college but makes for a great interviewing question that is for sure.... giggling . I actually work for a major insurance company that I love and wish I switched my major to business when I was in college. I have seen majority of all the seasons of the bachelor and bachelorette... I am not very good at sleuthing but love analyzing the edit and comparing to prior seasons... all my co-workers call me the spoiling queen at work... I also enjoy listening to people joys and issues and helping anyone that wants it!!!

~No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent Eleanor Roosevelt~

What do you do for a living? - Page 7 7b1b3f3e-3b3d-41b0-828b-06de6fc086d8_zps945f9fd1
jurystillout
jurystillout

Female Posts : 1089

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:50 am

jurystillout wrote:So great to learn what people do in their everyday life... :Smiley: I am not that exciting... but here goes nothing.. I am married to my husband for almost 13 years now. We have two kids 5 & 8 and I graduated from college when I was pregnant with my oldest. I got a degree in Linguistics and did nothing with it after I graduated college but makes for a great interviewing question that is for sure.... giggling . I actually work for a major insurance company that I love and wish I switched my major to business when I was in college. I have seen majority of all the seasons of the bachelor and bachelorette... I am not very good at sleuthing but love analyzing the edit and comparing to prior seasons... all my co-workers call me the spoiling queen at work... I also enjoy listening to people joys and issues and helping anyone that wants it!!!

What an accomplishment, to be married for 13 years. All too uncommon nowadays. You know, most people would think that I have a boring life - as far as going out, partying, etc., but I don't see it that way. Your life sounds lovely - and busy. 5 and 8 is a fun age gap, do they get along well?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:56 am

Starshine_16 wrote:I am in the process of launching my own photography business. I am also a full time student.

Sounds awesome. Have you ever checked out the Flickr photo-sharing site? It's a great way to show your stuff. You can't sell, but you can post photos, share with like-minded folks, make connections.

http:www.flickr.com

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Iam4UGA Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:02 pm

I have a Bachelor's degree in IT (cum laude) but it is currently not being used because life interrupted my further studies for certifications.

I got divorced right before graduation, then 3 yrs later got remarried, and a year later had a second child. Now unfortunately (and thanks to unemployment and a horrible economy) I am in the midst of the 2nd divorce.

I am an Administrative Assistant and the mom of 2 boys 15 and 5. the 15 yr old plays Football and Lacrosse and the 5 yr old just started T-ball this year. Whew. I really want to be a Database Administrator and I hope to be able to get my certification this year.

My interests are Football (youth, High School, College, and NFL), Lacrosse (mostly just my son) and baseball for the little one. I love scrap booking when I get the chance and watching TV.

"How careful I must be, somewhere a little fellow watches me." - Herman Boone - High School Hall of Fame Coach
Iam4UGA
Iam4UGA

Female Posts : 800

Back to top Go down

Post by jurystillout Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:01 pm

mimitalks wrote:
jurystillout wrote:So great to learn what people do in their everyday life... :Smiley: I am not that exciting... but here goes nothing.. I am married to my husband for almost 13 years now. We have two kids 5 & 8 and I graduated from college when I was pregnant with my oldest. I got a degree in Linguistics and did nothing with it after I graduated college but makes for a great interviewing question that is for sure.... giggling . I actually work for a major insurance company that I love and wish I switched my major to business when I was in college. I have seen majority of all the seasons of the bachelor and bachelorette... I am not very good at sleuthing but love analyzing the edit and comparing to prior seasons... all my co-workers call me the spoiling queen at work... I also enjoy listening to people joys and issues and helping anyone that wants it!!!

What an accomplishment, to be married for 13 years. All too uncommon nowadays. You know, most people would think that I have a boring life - as far as going out, partying, etc., but I don't see it that way. Your life sounds lovely - and busy. 5 and 8 is a fun age gap, do they get along well?

Yes, I can honestly say its been a hard 13 years that is for sure... but we have our good days, days we argue a ton and then some in between days. But that is what some of my friends have called "marriage"... giggling My kids get a long for the most part. The oldest is a boy and the youngest is a girl. If anyone follows me on twitter, I use the same name as my user name on here... there is a picture of them. there yes They definitely make my life full of joy, laughter and a proud mom...

~No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent Eleanor Roosevelt~

What do you do for a living? - Page 7 7b1b3f3e-3b3d-41b0-828b-06de6fc086d8_zps945f9fd1
jurystillout
jurystillout

Female Posts : 1089

Back to top Go down

Post by LaylaFromTexas Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:26 pm

Lots of interesting careers-enjoyed reading about each of you.

I am a homemaker full-time and prior to that several years ago I worked as a Project Analyst for an oil company.

Lately spend much of my days working in my flowerbeds and 'where-did-the-day-go' online! :crazed

LaylaFromTexas

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 04, 2013 11:07 am

All of you ladies/gents are very impressive at what you do!! I have enjoyed reading about you all. I think you are all :alltens: rock

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:56 am

Mimi -- I just went on your flickr site. Awesome pictures. You are a very talented lady. High clap

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by black_tears Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:31 pm

lcwilli3 wrote:Seems there are a lot of psychologists on this site. Coincidence? Or does reality TV allow us to better observe mental illness/psychiatric conditions?

Of the psychologists and psychology experts here, do you find yourself evaluating reality TV contestants?
Yep. I also would give anything to have a chat with the psychologist they use post-departure in the limos as to what comes up when contestants get rejected...that would be seriously interesting.
black_tears
black_tears

Female Posts : 1107

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:09 pm

I just wanted to share that I am now a preschool teacher (with my sister) and I absolutely love it so much! It is so rewarding to see how much the children have learned over the course of a year! 

This was from our Thanksgiving Feast, the children on The Mayflower!  :Smiley: 

What do you do for a living? - Page 7 94606410
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:54 pm

Congrats! I have only admiration for teachers! I know I couldnt do it and you are so important to all kids!

bowdown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What do you do for a living?

+48
Diana
ddsmom17
FLChica
vivi2
GuardianAngel