SELECT CONTENT

What do you do for a living?

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What do you do for a living? - Page 3 Empty Re: What do you do for a living?

Post by nikikass Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:07 pm

mscresawn wrote:
nikikass wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:PhD student in Biomedical Sciences studying stroke. Not currently married, but have a great boyfriend and two awesome cats. Before this round of grad school, I was an environmental chemist, got a masters in biochemistry and cell biology and worked in flu and cancer research. My real passion turns out to be teaching, so I hope to do that with the PhD, because I am getting it this time if it kills me.

Wow that is a ton of education... congratulations..

My daughter just finished her masters and is in her first year PHD.. with 4 more years to go... that is 11 years of post education.. that is crazy... I wanted her to have a good education... (be careful what you wish for),,, She is here in Canada doing her PHD but right now ironically is in North Carolina at "wake forest university" colaborating with some profs to put her research together.. I am finally picking her up this weekend.. after four months... Can't wait to have her home.. she is quite insightful when it comes to the Bach/ette.. that is what she studies for.. (relationship psychology)

She had Em and Brad pegged from the 3rd episode and timed their demise exactly!!!

God she bugs me.. LOL...

HAHA! That last statement has me cracking up. Only a mother could say that! :) Nice to meet ya!

Thanks so much, pleasure to meet you...
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by mamielynn Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:34 pm

I don't post very often but I love these types of threads. I spend all day reading y'alls posts and I love learning a bit about you. I am an Executive Assistant for a law enforcement agency. Hubby and I have 3 girls (16, 14 & 12) and of course the puppy in my avi!
mamielynn
mamielynn

Female Posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:36 pm

Reading some of yall list your jobs and education makes me feel kinda uneducated.

Since I first wrote in this thread I have a few new things to list. I graduated with my B.S. in Kinesiology, emphasis on the study of Clinical Movement, in May. I also earned my Coaching minor. Now I am currently applying to D.P.T. programs for Fall 2013. So hopefully in 4 short years I will have my Doctorate in Physical Therapy and be practicing somewhere, maybe coaching on the side.

For the time being, I work as a camp counselor at a summer camp which is equal parts exhausting and fun. I also work part-time at Macy's, so if you want any insight about that, I'm the person to ask.

What do you do for a living? - Page 3 87b72b10 What do you do for a living? - Page 3 86669110 What do you do for a living? - Page 3 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:37 pm

umngirl wrote:Reading some of yall list your jobs and education makes me feel kinda uneducated.

Since I first wrote in this thread I have a few new things to list. I graduated with my B.S. in Kinesiology, emphasis on the study of Clinical Movement, in May. I also earned my Coaching minor. Now I am currently applying to D.P.T. programs for Fall 2013. So hopefully in 4 short years I will have my Doctorate in Physical Therapy and be practicing somewhere, maybe coaching on the side.

For the time being, I work as a camp counselor at a summer camp which is equal parts exhausting and fun. I also work part-time at Macy's, so if you want any insight about that, I'm the person to ask.

You picked a great degree. Physical Therapist are in high demand!

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:49 pm

umngirl wrote:Reading some of yall list your jobs and education makes me feel kinda uneducated.

Oh umngirl, for your age that is incredible.. You are exhausting me.. You are so bright and educated and coaching is soooo rewarding...and to think that is just a side venue. that would be full time for me......

I unfortuantely only finshed high school, had my first daughter at 20 and apparently the "no it all" (my sweet daughter) didn't need me anymore...
she was four, so I went back to college for two years and have my own travel agency now..

I can certainly come in handy for sleuthing, ... I can tell you every flight all over the world in a matter of seconds, how full they are what the hubs are and most probable routings..

i used my skills for Ali's season on Fort... (the good ole days)

nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:53 pm

mscresawn wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:PhD student in Biomedical Sciences studying stroke. Not currently married, but have a great boyfriend and two awesome cats. Before this round of grad school, I was an environmental chemist, got a masters in biochemistry and cell biology and worked in flu and cancer research. My real passion turns out to be teaching, so I hope to do that with the PhD, because I am getting it this time if it kills me.

I officially feel dumb after reading this! How impressive! :)

Thank you, I am really just a nerd. I wanted to be a journalist growing up, but my writing even bores me to tears. I do love science, it lets me help people.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:58 pm

Nope you and all the posters here are great. We all have really cool gifts to use in anyway we can. I am taking anatomy right now with PT, OT and PA students. We have a pretty okay program where I am if you would be interested in coming south, just PM me. A good friend of the family has a son-in-law who finished his D.P.T here two years ago. BTW, when I started college I was pre-PT, but then I feel in love with chemistry and switched majors.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by moflan Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:14 pm

I have a B.A. in Psychology which explains why I pursued a certification for college graduates from Katherine Gibbs Business School so that I could get a job after college, over 25 years ago.

Spent many years as a Human Resources Generalist before I decided to specialize in learning and development.

Graduated Magna Cum Laude from Penn State 15 years ago with a Masters of Education in Instructional Systems Design, Training Design and Development. Have worked as an Instructional Designer / Performance Consultant at a pharmaceutical company for the past 16 years. Like the work, but hate the politics!
moflan
moflan

Back to top Go down

Post by mscresawn Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:27 pm

I went to a kinesiologist for the first time last fall and it changed my life! Seriously, he discovered things about my health no MD had ever found and I am feeling so much better because of it. I mean, these were major, life long issues that I was just put on prescription meds for because doctors couldn't figure it out, yet the kinesiologist did in a matter of one visit. What you're doing will change lives!
mscresawn
mscresawn

Back to top Go down

Post by pikake Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:28 pm

I guess I had forgotten this thread existed!

I was a flight attendant/purser for a major international airline for most of my adult years, until 8 years ago when I decided to start my own business - professional organizing, as well as space planning and design - the majority of my clients are those who are downsizing from their large homes into high-end senior living communities, and my job is to make that transition less stressful for them.

I have two wonderful grown daughters, a son-in-law, one granddaughter and one grandson. :pinkaw:

I no longer have the time or inclination to travel, having lived out of a suitcase for so many years. Now I live a "normal" life with feet planted firmly on the ground, and enjoy sharing interests with others, including spending time with my fellow posters discussing the ins and outs of The Bachelor and Bachelorette. I never cease to be amazed by the talent on this board - not only in sleuthing and speculating, but also creating wonderful videos for all of us to enjoy. :Smiley:

Thank you for making this such a pleasurable place to visit! bestbud!

Last edited by pikake on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

pikake

Female Posts : 976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:28 pm

I'm way too stoopid to be posting with you people... :winkie:

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhughes Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:32 pm

RichLP wrote:I'm way too stoopid to be posting with you people... :winkie:

Haha! I feel way intimidated, too! :shocked!:

Last edited by mnmhughes on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
mnmhughes
mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What do you do for a living?

+48
Diana
ddsmom17
FLChica
vivi2
GuardianAngel