SELECT CONTENT

Bubba Thompson ~ Sweet Home Alabama 3 ~ Discussion

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bubba Thompson ~ Sweet Home Alabama 3 ~ Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bubba Thompson ~ Sweet Home Alabama 3 ~ Discussion

Post by RealityEscape Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Jeepers wrote:Big question is .. Has CMT even mentioned a season 4 .. As of a couple of weeks ago they had not
Not that I know of!!!! giggling

RealityEscape

Back to top Go down

Bubba Thompson ~ Sweet Home Alabama 3 ~ Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bubba Thompson ~ Sweet Home Alabama 3 ~ Discussion

Post by ironcat Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:29 pm

nikkij_26 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:For all those who are mad that Bubba isn't speaking up for Paige and Jeremiah, he recently retweeted this:

Andrea Reid ‏ @Andrea__Reid
@Paige_Duke obviously made the best decision for her,so be happy for her & @followjeremiah.The one who wins @BubbaT2120's heart is so lucky!
Retweeted by BubbaThompson

I think it's odd that people expect Bubba to speak up for the girl that dumped him, laugh out loud. Paige and Jeremiah are adults who can speak up for themselves. They got each other out of the show and ultimately they are the only ones who matter in the end, not what viewers think. Bubba has the right to process his own feelings over the situation without having to step up for them. He handled the getting dumped situation with class and respect to both Paige and her chosen one. He doesn't owe anything else. Even though they've moved on and he's remained friendly with Paige and Jeremiah, it doesn't mean that he's ready to be their cheer section after reliving the finale last night. JMO

:Smiley:

Here's the thing- the Bubba that was presented to viewers was so protective of Paige and so selfless that he was able to, even being on the verge of proposing to the "love of his life", switch gears and swallow his heartbreak for the sake of sparing this woman any pain; the ultimate sacrifice for love, if you will. Now, assuming he is aware of the backlash, HIS fans are calling Paige an idiot and a slut, and I would have thought that such a protective and selfless man would WANT, no, feel COMPELLED, to stick up for her, despite whatever residual heartbreak watching the show may have caused him. So I guess you could just color me surprised at his silence, because it seems so at odds with all of his previous noble actions and words.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Chacharo Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:42 pm

ironcat wrote:
Here's the thing- the Bubba that was presented to viewers was so protective of Paige and so selfless that he was able to, even being on the verge of proposing to the "love of his life", switch gears and swallow his heartbreak for the sake of sparing this woman any pain; the ultimate sacrifice for love, if you will. Now, assuming he is aware of the backlash, HIS fans are calling Paige an idiot and a slut, and I would have thought that such a protective and selfless man would WANT, no, feel COMPELLED, to stick up for her, despite whatever residual heartbreak watching the show may have caused him. So I guess you could just color me surprised at his silence, because it seems so at odds with all of his previous noble actions and words.

Here's my take, for what it's worth. I don't think Bubba spends much time on internet or computer technology. He even said as much in his "letter" to fans on his website.

Many of the SHA posters on this site think he was edited "too perfect" and even made me feel as I was reading posts that they thought he was more scripted than sincere. In my humble opinion, if he did say something to stand up for P&J, people would say that was just part of his perfect edit. The guy can't win for losing with some people. JMO

I would love to watch a season of Bubba as the lead, but as with most reality shows and contestants I like, I would really prefer he go back to his real life and be happy. When he falls for the right person, she will be one lucky woman IMHO. :Bubba:
Chacharo
Chacharo

Back to top Go down

Post by lavenderred Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:49 pm

ITA ironcat! Bubba talks the talk but IMO hasn't shown he walks the walk.

I pretty much ignored most of Bubba's blah blah blah words. IMO they were just words to be saying words, he just likes hearing himself speak. He's the cowboy version of Jake, always trying to say the right thing with no substance behind it.

If there is an SHA4 I'll watch for the girls unless editing decides to create a Courtney character, then I won't watch at all.
lavenderred
lavenderred

Back to top Go down

Post by avacaroline Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:59 pm

lavenderred wrote:ITA ironcat! Bubba talks the talk but IMO hasn't shown he walks the walk.

I pretty much ignored most of Bubba's blah blah blah words. IMO they were just words to be saying words, he just likes hearing himself speak. He's the cowboy version of Jake, always trying to say the right thing with no substance behind it.

If there is an SHA4 I'll watch for the girls unless editing decides to create a Courtney character, then I won't watch at all.

OHMYGOSH!!!! Lav, you NAILED IT!!! Bubba is the cowboy version of Jake!!!!
bowdown clapping!
avacaroline
avacaroline

Female Posts : 807

Back to top Go down

Post by lavenderred Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:04 pm

Aww, you're sweet avacaroline but I can't take credit. I know I readthe's the cowoboy Jake somewhere on here before. :Smiley:
lavenderred
lavenderred

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:04 pm

Weren't there photos via twitter a month or so ago of Bubba and a few other alumni (including Dustin and OClicious) along with Paige at a rodeo? If he is so heartbroken, why would he even be in her company?

While I really like Dustin's video of "Do It Like Bubba" in which he participated, it makes me even more confused about his intentions in his post show life. With a book in the works (probably as a result of his show statements followed by the video) it makes me wonder also about his goals for his life. Will he remain a cowboy with a partnership in a ranch, or head for the greener pastures of entertainment?

Molly
Molly

Back to top Go down

Post by RealityEscape Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:15 pm

lavenderred wrote:ITA ironcat! Bubba talks the talk but IMO hasn't shown he walks the walk.

Not touching the whole Bubba thing any more - not worth the time - but you used a word that does a great job of describing a big difference between Jeremiah and Bubba for Paige - substance. Bubba's less dimensional -(not necessairly a bad thing) just is. The world needs people that are just focused on one or two areas or some things would never get done or evolve. Some girlfriends/wives need to be with guys like that too. However Jeremiah has a bunch of substance and dimension - enough to keep Paige interested forever. She was subtly indicating that about Bubba - yes her dream was to have a ranch and family but realized she's needs a lot more too.

RealityEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomigirl Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:20 pm

I am SO not bad mouthing Bubba here. I wish him the best and if he DOES become the lead on next season, I wish him well. I DID see that it states ENTERTAINER on his Facebook page. Other contestants have had 'PUBLIC FIGURE' so it seemed a little suspect to me. The bit about him doing a book now adds more to the equation...JMO I just hope that we get to see more of the happy couple and the resulting 180 that the fans will take once they realize she DID make the right choice.
Thomigirl
Thomigirl

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:36 pm

RealityEscape wrote:

Not touching the whole Bubba thing any more - not worth the time - but you used a word that does a great job of describing a big difference between Jeremiah and Bubba for Paige - substance. Bubba's less dimensional -(not necessairly a bad thing) just is. The world needs people that are just focused on one or two areas or some things would never get done or evolve. Some girlfriends/wives need to be with guys like that too. However Jeremiah has a bunch of substance and dimension - enough to keep Paige interested forever. She was subtly indicating that about Bubba - yes her dream was to have a ranch and family but realized she's needs a lot more too.

Great post, and I would add that Bubba lives and thinks in very straightforward, simplistic terms, which is fine and appealing to some women, while Jeremiah is far more complex, and given to a lot of deep thinking, second guessing and analyzing, which isn't for everyone. I can understand why the producers probably hated his unwillingness to just speak the platitudes that came so effortlessly from Bubba.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:08 pm

WOW
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Is the blonde in the pic with him someone he should know??

I lost a lot of respect for him with his little potty mouth FB converstaion he had a few months ago or whenever it was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bubba Thompson ~ Sweet Home Alabama 3 ~ Discussion

+23
LoveDovez
NadjaM
dee
Admin
CarrieA