SELECT CONTENT

Bubba Thompson ~ Sweet Home Alabama 3 ~ Discussion

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bubba Thompson ~ Sweet Home Alabama 3 ~ Discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bubba Thompson ~ Sweet Home Alabama 3 ~ Discussion

Post by Guest Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:48 pm

I kinda of think Landon or Little Shaun might be the lead SWA 4

Back to top Go down

Bubba Thompson ~ Sweet Home Alabama 3 ~ Discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bubba Thompson ~ Sweet Home Alabama 3 ~ Discussion

Post by Thomigirl Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:49 pm

happygirl77us wrote:Is the blonde in the pic with him someone he should know??

I lost a lot of respect for him with his little potty mouth FB converstaion he had a few months ago or whenever it was.

As that the one where he used the derogatory word for homosexual? If that's what you're talking about, I COMPLETELY forgot about that! It was scrubbed so quickly from his page. :Nod:
Thomigirl
Thomigirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:52 pm

happygirl77us wrote: I kinda of think Landon or Little Shaun might be the lead SWA 4
Landon absolutely not .. He is on the new SHA party show

Lil Shawn has a girlfriend

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:52 pm

I think if Bubba is not the lead then it will be Austin. JMO
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:53 pm

lavenderred wrote:
Love_Me wrote:I think Bubba has a new girlfriend y'all! They seem like a great match too!
Great find Love_Me!!

I thought the biggest line of BS Bubba said during the finale was that he couldn't find a girl in Alabama who wanted to live the cowboy life!! Geez! I needed waders to handle that!! rofl

rotfl Yeah, I agree there.

It does seem like he already has a girl friend. Maybe, Jeremiah just thought like others he was the next lead due to the edit?

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Jeepers wrote:
happygirl77us wrote: I kinda of think Landon or Little Shaun might be the lead SWA 4
Landon absolutely not .. He is on the new SHA party show

Lil Shawn has a girlfriend

Is there a pic of them in another thread?

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Ritaellen Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:33 pm

My thoughts on Bubba is pretty much that he was built up so much by SHA that it got a little old. No one is perfect and I would bet even Bubba would admit he isn't. But the viewers were ONLY shown how perfect he is and it got old. Bubba was my early pick but I changed my mind not because of the connection with Paige and Jeremiah but I felt like I was drowning in the "real cowboy" image. Not Bubba's fault but almost every scene of any connection between Paige and anyone was interrupted with how wonderful Bubba is. Again not his fault. He was the Alpha male of the house, all the guys turned to him, everyone seemed to love Bubba except Paige. At the finale he seemed more angry than hurt and I think he knew and wasn't going to allow himself to be rejected. Therefore the "your eyes don't lie" scene.

Congrats to Paige and Jeremiah or wishing them well would have been the SELFLESS gentleman approach and would have proven that he is in real life what we were shown during the season. But we heard nothing except one little tweet. I was a huge Bubba fan but not anymore. I am not buying the whole I don't tweet or FB thing because on his personal FB page he wished Paige Happy Birthday "Beautiful" and another with multiple winks and a "Gorgeous" thrown in. If he is a friend of Jeremiah and a selfless caring person they I just don't think a message like that is appropriate.

Season 4 should be Austin. He seems like he was the same as Paige during Season 2. He lives in Alabama, country boy, firefighter, non-drama in the house, very cute, left before he was too heavily invested in Paige and not over edited to be almost perfect. He would come off as a semi-fresh face and not a rejected F2.

Ritaellen

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:41 pm

Perfectly put, Ritaellen. The producers basically oversold Bubba through his edit, as nobody could possibly be that perfect, and that editing decision (not that Bubba is at all responsible for it) certainly contributed in no small way to the fan outrage directed at Paige and JJ that resulted from her "unpopular" choice. As is always the case in these situations, some people who aren't fully on the Bubba lovetrain, are going to bristle against the "groupthink" mentality that seemed to crop up, and point out flaws where they exist. All in all, any criticism that I have read of Bubba has been pretty mild (certainly in comparison to the vitriol being slung at Jeremiah all season, and now Paige as well), yet still met with disbelief by certain fans of his that there could possibly be ANYTHING less than perfect about this man. I have to laugh when I read comments posted on SHA facebook about how every woman must want someone like Bubba or else she's crazy. Well, certainly of the female demographic who watch this show, most probably would overwhelmingly fit with that assumption, but there are plenty of other women out there, including Paige apparently, who are more interested in a different type of guy, and are no doubt having, or will have, highly successful and fulfilling relationships with these guys who are not Bubba, or carbon copies of him.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:08 pm

Bubba made a lot of creepy comments about comin' home to the little woman ... she's actually a career woman, albeit one whose career is to sell the Ideal Southern Woman/Lifestyle. As ever, when the principals have more than made their own peace with their situations (two guys going for one girl, in a reality TV show make believe but still real setting), why should any viewer be so hostile. It's so obviously born of ignorance of what really "happened." They are ALL better off, and they know it.

By cramming filming into only four weeks, and being completely honest/satisfied with a "be my only boyfriend" romantic ending, the show has infinitely more appeal than Bachelor. A bunch of the crew (camera etc., not the producers) are veterans of The Bachelor. It's a superior format. Maybe not for network primetime, but for this audience, it is well conceived.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ritaellen Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:54 pm

Yes I agree about the difference in the fan base of each of the F2. To some of them....not all....the statement "Bubba isn't perfect" is not ok for us to say but "Jeremiah is a slob" is ok for them to say. I have seen fan backlash is some of the other reality shows but rarely this bad. For that I blame the "perfect" edit they gave Bubba. Of course I still believe that Jeremiah and Paige finding each other and being in love despite all the bad edit and fan backlash is even another testament to the strength of their love. Bubba will be happier when finds that woman that is ok being the wife waiting for her man to come home from a long day as a cowboy. Paige just doesn't seem to be that type.

Ritaellen

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolinagirl1864 Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:39 pm

I think they should close down the comment section on SHA facebook.Bubba's fans are out of control.After all the edit they did this season to make sure everyone loved Bubba,it will be something if he does not accept the lead.I thought the lead for the next season would have been announced by now.

Carolinagirl1864

Back to top Go down

Post by provenceguy Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:28 pm

Not to sound like a total skunk, but doesn't Paige's skin look bad in a lot of the photos she & J have tweeted?

LOVE her and LOVE her with JJ, though. Cutest couple ever.
provenceguy
provenceguy

Female Posts : 1891

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bubba Thompson ~ Sweet Home Alabama 3 ~ Discussion

+23
LoveDovez
NadjaM
dee
Admin
CarrieA