SELECT CONTENT

Bubba Thompson ~ Sweet Home Alabama 3 ~ Discussion

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bubba Thompson ~ Sweet Home Alabama 3 ~ Discussion  - Page 6 Empty Re: Bubba Thompson ~ Sweet Home Alabama 3 ~ Discussion

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:16 pm

Thomigirl wrote:Wait, he has 2 Facebook accounts and posted this on the 'non-public' one?
Yeah, what Thomigirl said! Really?
That doesn't really count then IMO
no

Back to top Go down

Bubba Thompson ~ Sweet Home Alabama 3 ~ Discussion  - Page 6 Empty Re: Bubba Thompson ~ Sweet Home Alabama 3 ~ Discussion

Post by umngirl Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:28 pm

So people wanted Bubba to comment and he did. But now it wasn't "public" enough. I swear this guy can't win. At this point, I wish he hadn't said anything at all. The haters will hate regards so his comment wouldn't have stopped it anyway.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by chaslom4 Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:30 pm

umngirl wrote:So people wanted Bubba to comment and he did. But now it wasn't "public" enough. I swear this guy can't win. At this point, I wish he hadn't said anything at all. The haters will hate regards so his comment wouldn't have stopped it anyway.

I totally agree with this. :yes:
chaslom4
chaslom4

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:27 am

umngirl wrote:So people wanted Bubba to comment and he did. But now it wasn't "public" enough. I swear this guy can't win. At this point, I wish he hadn't said anything at all. The haters will hate regards so his comment wouldn't have stopped it anyway.

I was proud to see that he did take the time to write something. Doesn't matter to me which page he put it on. High 5 to Bubba!
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:21 am

I agree 100%, wasn't on the Bubba train but he owes P/J nothing.....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by Ritaellen Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:15 am

*post removed

Last edited by Ritaellen on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ritaellen

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:52 pm

I personally think that in the rare instances that a real love/commitment comes out of these dating shows (as opposed to an attraction/infatuation which has the potential to develop into real love depending on what happens in the real world), no amount of fan backlash can possibly ruin it. I may be wrong, but that's what I see with these two; in fact, similar to JP and Ashley, the backlash only seems to have brought them closer together, brought out each one's protectiveness towards the other, and made them more convinced of the "rightness" of their relationship.

On another topic, of course Bubba owes this couple nothing. However, usually a truly selfless and empathetic person will want to go out of their way to help friends without being asked, when they see a situation where their input might make a difference. How Bubba handled this matter tells me more about him than the editing on any TV show ever will. 'Nuff said.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomigirl Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:58 pm

ironcat wrote:I personally think that in the rare instances that a real love/commitment comes out of these dating shows (as opposed to an attraction/infatuation which has the potential to develop into real love depending on what happens in the real world), no amount of fan backlash can possibly ruin it. I may be wrong, but that's what I see with these two; in fact, similar to JP and Ashley, the backlash only seems to have brought them closer together, brought out each one's protectiveness towards the other, and made them more convinced of the "rightness" of their relationship.

On another topic, of course Bubba owes this couple nothing. However, usually a truly selfless and empathetic person will want to go out of their way to help friends without being asked, when they see a situation where their input might make a difference. How Bubba handled this matter tells me more about him than the editing on any TV show ever will. 'Nuff said.

Agreed 100% yes
Thomigirl
Thomigirl

Back to top Go down

Post by rc49ers Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:04 pm

Thomigirl wrote:
ironcat wrote:I personally think that in the rare instances that a real love/commitment comes out of these dating shows (as opposed to an attraction/infatuation which has the potential to develop into real love depending on what happens in the real world), no amount of fan backlash can possibly ruin it. I may be wrong, but that's what I see with these two; in fact, similar to JP and Ashley, the backlash only seems to have brought them closer together, brought out each one's protectiveness towards the other, and made them more convinced of the "rightness" of their relationship.

Agreed 100% [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
rc49ers
rc49ers

Back to top Go down

Post by RealityEscape Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:35 pm

This is the first I've seen of Bubba's comments to the couple - this is great. Paige and Jeremiah were the one's that needed to see it for their hearts - they both liked and respected Bubba and didn't want him hurt and I believe he was a bit. They hoped he'd see the why behind her decision. Bubba could have published something on the public Facebook's but it would have curled down the page quickly and probably not do much good. And kudos to Bubba's family that was on the finale - they were all precious and adorable including mom. Sounds like there's a chance everyone will be happy out of SWA #3 - especially once Bubba finds the right girl for him. But in the meantime his hats, t-shirts and cookbook are/will do fine and his world has really expanded as a result of SHA 3. He's more prepared now to realize a gal needs more than just to be a guy's woman. His heart and respect were in the right place -- just needs to be able to let loose like he did in "Do it Like bubba" video. Doubt he would have been involved in something like that before the show. Let's not be like some of Bubba's fans and take it out on him. He and Jeremiah were both great guys, along with so many of the guys on the show.

RealityEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:48 pm

j_Denny wrote:
atem wrote: 😕 Wouldn't the show say by now if Bubba was the next lead? Wouldn't Bubba say if he's dating or not?

Bubba is still single. He posted it on his FB or something I saw. That was just in the last few weeks. He may end up on Bachelor 4 from what Jeremiah has let out of the bag from what I read.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:15 pm

RealityEscape wrote:This is the first I've seen of Bubba's comments to the couple - this is great. Paige and Jeremiah were the one's that needed to see it for their hearts - they both liked and respected Bubba and didn't want him hurt and I believe he was a bit. They hoped he'd see the why behind her decision. Bubba could have published something on the public Facebook's but it would have curled down the page quickly and probably not do much good. And kudos to Bubba's family that was on the finale - they were all precious and adorable including mom. Sounds like there's a chance everyone will be happy out of SWA #3 - especially once Bubba finds the right girl for him. But in the meantime his hats, t-shirts and cookbook are/will do fine and his world has really expanded as a result of SHA 3. He's more prepared now to realize a gal needs more than just to be a guy's woman. His heart and respect were in the right place -- just needs to be able to let loose like he did in "Do it Like bubba" video. Doubt he would have been involved in something like that before the show. Let's not be like some of Bubba's fans and take it out on him. He and Jeremiah were both great guys, along with so many of the guys on the show.

I do think it's normal and understandable for any guy, when put in that situation, to react with some bitterness and egoism. Most guys by nature are competitive, and don't enjoy losing, or looking vulnerable or foolish when they do. But as they say, time heals all wounds. And also puts things in better perspective. To make another Bachelor analogy, Ben also was a little standoffish, and didn't didn't give any visible show of support for JP and Ashley at first, and the rejection did appear to "sting" for a while, but now it appears they're all well on their way to being great friends again (as JP and Ben were during filming) with absolutely no hard feelings. I can picture the exact same scenario playing out for Paige, JJ and Bubba at some future point.

The small amount of Bubba criticism I suspect was largely caused by the near deification of him by some of his most ardent fans this past week. So when the guy reacted like any regular dude would under the circumstances, and not like the saint some made him out to be, it's no surprise that comments were made.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bubba Thompson ~ Sweet Home Alabama 3 ~ Discussion

+23
LoveDovez
NadjaM
dee
Admin
CarrieA