SELECT CONTENT

American Idol 12- Episode Discussions- * Spoilers*

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

American Idol 12- Episode Discussions- * Spoilers* - Page 10 Empty Re: American Idol 12- Episode Discussions- * Spoilers*

Post by albean99 Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:26 pm

I really thought Lazaro should have gone home. It makes me nervous that the viewers had him in the top 3. no no

My dh isn't into the show this season. I'm not much either although more than him. I think it has a lot to do with the format this season. They went so fast from top 20 to top 10 that we barely got to know anyone. In previous seasons one guy and one girl went home each week until the f10. Another thing is the tired themes and the revolving door of judges.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

American Idol 12- Episode Discussions- * Spoilers* - Page 10 Empty Re: American Idol 12- Episode Discussions- * Spoilers*

Post by atem Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:40 pm

I am no thrilled about Lazaro either and I am not getting how he's getting votes.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:04 am

It doesn't matter who SHOULD go home...if it were about talent and preparation, Lazaro would have gone home weeks ago. Unfortunately, there are people who simply vote for the person who they have decided to support, no matter what their performance was like. (Hate to tell you, but people here have fully disclosed that they do the same for Sean when he is no way the best dancer on DWTS!)

Lazaro is terrible. He doesn't practice enough. He chooses songs that he doesn't know and hasn't researched. He is simply not prepared. Viewers should find this offensive.

There are pockets of viewers who will blindly vote for him NO MATTER WHAT:
1. Those who feel sorry for him and his childhood storyline.
2. Those who "Vote For The Worst."
3. Viewers who are irritated when the judges/Jimmy Iovine tell them who is not good and who should go home.
4. Viewers who live a similar lifestyle...not sure how to write that without being offensive. I have no issue with that lifestyle at all, but I wouldn't vote for someone just because of that.
5. Those who are tired of the judges insisting upon a girl winning -- the voters have certainly had a run of WGWG voting!!

I would imagine that the producers are racking their brains over how to get Lazaro out without offending the viewership. It will be interesting (and frustrating) to watch.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Tammi wrote:It doesn't matter who SHOULD go home...if it were about talent and preparation, Lazaro would have gone home weeks ago. Unfortunately, there are people who simply vote for the person who they have decided to support, no matter what their performance was like. (Hate to tell you, but people here have fully disclosed that they do the same for Sean when he is no way the best dancer on DWTS!)

Lazaro is terrible. He doesn't practice enough. He chooses songs that he doesn't know and hasn't researched. He is simply not prepared. Viewers should find this offensive.

There are pockets of viewers who will blindly vote for him NO MATTER WHAT:
1. Those who feel sorry for him and his childhood storyline.
2. Those who "Vote For The Worst."
3. Viewers who are irritated when the judges/Jimmy Iovine tell them who is not good and who should go home.
4. Viewers who live a similar lifestyle...not sure how to write that without being offensive. I have no issue with that lifestyle at all, but I wouldn't vote for someone just because of that.
5. Those who are tired of the judges insisting upon a girl winning -- the voters have certainly had a run of WGWG voting!!

I would imagine that the producers are racking their brains over how to get Lazaro out without offending the viewership. It will be interesting (and frustrating) to watch.

clapping! A great post and I totally agree with everything you said. I'm not gonna sit and vote for somebody just because I feel sorry for them if they aren't the best (or at least I think they are) and just because I'm a fan of theirs. It will be horrible if better singers go home because of him just like it will be horrible to watch better dancers go home just because somebody likes Sean coz he isn't a good dancer at all., : (
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:30 am

I am not voting for anyone this season. It feels as though one of my favorite reality shows has pretty much jumped the shark. That is just my opinion.

I do think Lazaro is a lock to make the Top 3.

Do you think he might even end up winning?
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:17 am

Love_Me wrote:I am not voting for anyone this season. It feels as though one of my favorite reality shows has pretty much jumped the shark. That is just my opinion.

I do think Lazaro is a lock to make the Top 3.

Do you think he might even end up winning?

HORRORS OF HORRORS, PLEASE NOOOO!

I do think Lazaro was in the top 3 except last week. *shudders* What's scary is it seems he's not making an effort at all! He forgot his lyrics again!? *facepalm*

This season there are standouts but I do not like all of them! (I like kree and candace) Haha I only started watching AI last Season 7 (cough David Cook cough), aside from his season :halo: , the next best group for me is Philip Phillip's season. I love almost everyone of them, too! Manila was privileged to see their live tour and they are all great! (Even Diandre? uhhhmmm.... Hahaha)

Another hilarious results recap!

“@MichaelSlezakTV: ICYMI overnight...American Idol Top 7 Results Recap: The Rock Week Horror Picture Show [UPDATED] http://tvline.com/2013/04/04/american-idol-recap-top-7-results-season-12-lazaro-arbos/

"This moment in my life
It's like I've never loved before
The way you show me with a kiss
How much you care
You are love
You are life
You are peace of mind.", 'Peace Of Mind', David Cook

#TheOGJash #SeanCat #Jadine #GoldSquad
#TeamMCAUReynold #COOKista  beatingheart
#Tannah4evah #MattyjandLaura #MaRthur #JorJo #Darvey  :wedding
Cari
Cari

Female Posts : 926

http://twitter.com/chapark

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:30 am

I don't think Lazaro will make top 3 or even 4 let alone win. Fans often move to voting for someone else when their favorites go home and I don't see any of them gravitating to Lazaro.

Singing is more subjective than dancing so it's hard to compare to DWTS. I think a lot of Idol's problem is that they allow unlimited voting in the time period. I barely vote these days but there are those who power vote. I'm guessing there's not a ton of people who love Lazaro but a number of very zealous fans. I have a feeling that what happened may force fans of other singers will get in on it. :fingersarecrossed

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:16 am

^^^

Good Post

I am hoping Burnell's votes would now go to Candace!
Cari
Cari

Female Posts : 926

http://twitter.com/chapark

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Cari wrote:^^^

Good Post

I am hoping Burnell's votes would now go to Candace!

I do as well!! Though I fear that Burnell and Lazaro's votes do not come from a similar set of folks. I have been picturing the producers frantically googling Lazaro and hoping to find a rap sheet on him so they can oust him!! LOL Hey, it worked for Curtis Finch, why not for Lazaro?!?!?

Idol's ratings are bad, and they certainly do not need a distraction like this to make them appear even more unfavorable. Oh, how I pine for the first season of Idol....when even the producers had no idea what was coming next. Those were the days!! LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:12 pm

I seriously don't get how he got more votes than Candace. It just doesn't make sense to me.

What is next week's theme?

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:06 pm

I couldn't find anywhere else to post this regarding a former AI so I am putting this here. Love_me if there is somewhere better please move it.

PBS‏@PBS20m
Soul legend Sam Moore rehearses w/ @joshledet in prep. for In Performance @ the White House (airing 4/16) #PBSipwh pic.twitter.com/VoP9a1uzVY

So happy for Josh Ledet he has one heck of a voice and even though he wasn't a winner he will go far.

Last edited by Brill on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total

American Idol 12- Episode Discussions- * Spoilers* - Page 10 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:22 pm

atem wrote:I seriously don't get how he got more votes than Candace. It just doesn't make sense to me.

What is next week's theme?

Atem, I agree that it is unsettling! I outlined on the page prior to this several ways that he continues to attract callers. It remains unsettling!!

I've had deep interest in Idol since its inception here in the US. Several of my students have auditioned over the years...one was in the top 48...one was in the top two. The producers originally did everything they could to manipulate the voters, BUT nowadays the voters cannot be swayed as they used to be. Some voters are just plain out to get the Idol machine. Some don't even watch the performances and vote only for their favorites. Unsettling....offensive....unfair....but as Ryan Seacrest says week after week, "This is American Idol".

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

American Idol 12- Episode Discussions- * Spoilers*

+10
Brill
beader
Cari
yrkiemommy
atem