SELECT CONTENT

The Amazing Race - Season 30 - USA - Episodes - General Discussion -*Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Amazing Race - Season 30 - USA - Episodes - General Discussion -*Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 4 Empty Re: The Amazing Race - Season 30 - USA - Episodes - General Discussion -*Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:12 pm

So did anyone watch tonight's episode?

I really enjoyed it. Even though they all started out with their first clue at the same time, there was a lot of shuffling of placements of the teams throughout the tasks. I can say that I hope they don't use the head-to-head task as an eliminator very more but it was interesting to watch.

Note: I read elsewhere that Phil posted on twitter that a team could pass up a run in the race and wait for a less strong team if they wished but evidently Henry/Evan chose not to do that. Had they done that, they could have rested up some and not run 7 races.

Back to top Go down

The Amazing Race - Season 30 - USA - Episodes - General Discussion -*Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 4 Empty Re: The Amazing Race - Season 30 - USA - Episodes - General Discussion -*Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:36 pm

I watched! I thought it was good, too. I am also liking team BB. Cody is mellowing out some. IMO
Phil is starting to look a bit old. But then I guess maybe I am too. LOL

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:17 am

IMO, Cody is straight forward. He went to BB to compete for the win and money, not the high school antics of the rest of the houseguests. BB was not the show for him... unless it was a different cast. He would have probably done much better in the earlier seasons when they were there to compete. I guess because of his background in the military, he does not relate to the millennials that he was with in the house. TAR is a much better show for him because it is all about the competition. It is all in your hands whether you stay or go. Of course, had he not gone on BB, he would have never met Jessica.

I agree Phil is looking a little older but he is 50. He started this show when he was 33. I imagine all the travel would contribute as well. Especially when you are going around the world in 3 weeks!

Evidently Team BB and Team Indy Car have become good friends. They were at an event together for the premiere. In a behind the scenes video from last night's episode, Jessica helped them out. They were going to go straight to the airport in Iceland and not stop at the travel agency to pick up their tickets. As Jessica explained it during the taxi ride, they would have had to return to the travel agency to get the tickets. There was 6 hours before the flight so they would have not lost anything and would have still been on the same flight as everyone else but she was hoping that Team Indy would remember that and possibly help Team BB in the future.

Interestingly, Cody feels that Team Indy, Team Skiers, Team Debaters and Team BB are the teams to beat. As of leg 1 those were the teams he thinks will make it to the end and fight it out for the win.

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:53 pm

I wish I could like Team BB but I think I just endured too many live feed moments with them. They could very well win this thing though, especially with the ITM edit of Jess saying "this is our Big Brother redemption"

I liked the head to head battle last night. I think it should only be done early in the game when there are a lot of teams remaining though. It gives an early last place finisher a shot at staying in the race.

The Amazing Race - Season 30 - USA - Episodes - General Discussion -*Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 4 Samuel10 The Amazing Race - Season 30 - USA - Episodes - General Discussion -*Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 4 Samuel10  The Amazing Race - Season 30 - USA - Episodes - General Discussion -*Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 4 Family10 The Amazing Race - Season 30 - USA - Episodes - General Discussion -*Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 4 Samuel15 The Amazing Race - Season 30 - USA - Episodes - General Discussion -*Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 4 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:21 pm

lipsis wrote:I liked the head to head battle last night. I think it should only be done early in the game when there are a lot of teams remaining though. It gives an early last place finisher a shot at staying in the race.

Did you see that the goat yoga moms had to wait 3 hours for the twins to arrive before they could even run the last race? So if they hadn't had that task, the twins would have been gone.

I don't watch any international versions but evidently this type of task is common in some of them. Although I am reading that most of them have this earlier in the leg so it doesn't result in an elimination. I am also reading that there is a penalty for a lot of them as well. Seems to me this sort of task would be better on a non-elimination leg with the losing team having to do the speed bump in the next leg.

I liked it but like you I think it should only be done early in the race.

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:03 am

IA that it should have been on a NEL but I did like the head to head race. I do think that Team Debaters should have sat one out and figured out what worked and what didn't. They kept hitting that one corner all but the last time when they finally won.

I'm indifferent to Team BB. They're not annoying but I don't particularly like them either. I'd prefer they didn't win.

I can't say I have a favorite team but I did like how that female team figured out turning the card backward and holding it up to the light. That was smart.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15308

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:54 pm

IMO good show tonight. Hard tasks. They seemed to have upped the ante this season with challenges.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:57 pm

Ha non elimination leg! Glad to see the pro's weren't eliminated. My heart went out to them tonight.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:05 pm

Another episode that I enjoyed!

There is no team that I dislike and I really don't have a favorite. Love that the placing of the teams is ever changing. Looking forward to 2 hours next week Smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:25 pm

With the shortened season I was surprised to see a non-elimination, but happy. 
I agree I like all the teams left. I like how team BB has evolved since BB season. They have grown. I liked the blurb they showed for Cody serving USA. Good on him. yes Kudos to our service men.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:04 am

It isn't a shortened season as to the number of episodes so will include Non-eliminations. It is just being shown in a shorter time span. When they filmed, they had no idea when it was going to be aired so a regular length season was filmed.

Upcoming schedule:
Jan 24 (Wed) 8-10 PM EP4 & 5
Jan 31 (Wed) 8-9 PM EP6
Feb 7 (Wed) 9-11 PM EP7 & 8
Feb 14 (Wed) 9-11 PM EP9 & 10
Feb 21 (Wed) 9-11 PM EP11 & FINALE (EP12)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:12 am

@havadrpepper Thank you for the info. I had no idea. I think I will prefer it this way with several double episodes.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Amazing Race - Season 30 - USA - Episodes - General Discussion -*Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+9
Longhornfan
albean99
George1218
mizzoufan
lipsis
Kashathediva
Sprite
suzq
GuardianAngel
13 posters
Permissions in this forum: