SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

Page 12 of 46 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 29 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

Post by Living Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:50 am

Posted this in another forum but...

a) I noticed Ashley called Ames sweet 2 times. She calls Ben F sweet once and says her F1 is sweet.
b) First person she said she can potentially see as her husband was Ames.
c) When Ames asked what she wanted, she repeated what Ames had said about himself, having a meal together as a family and traveling together, living in a bigger diverse city with diverse people just like Ames had.
d) I had a feeling Ashley was selling herself to Ames.
e) Did you also notice that she kept her bottom half covered when sitting on the beach for a meal. Ashley acted modestly and not trashy.
f) Ashley sighed when in the boat with Ames.

Though there was no kiss, Ashley said of the date,
1) Makes me realize the unexpected does happen
2) Pretty intense stuff
3) that Ames was flirty
4) She kept looking at him like she was in love with him. Coy, with lowered head, from under her eyelashes etc (during dinner).

From some french men, I learned there is more chemistry when you do not touch but are flirty and sensual without being full on. Be very close without necessary holding/touching etc. It makes you want more. She is intrigued by him.

Remember Ashley fell for Bentley BEFORE he even kissed her. He wanted to seal the kiss quickly after learning others had kissed her but, by that time, she was already putty for him(Bentley).

Another thing on the dates is a matter of elimination. TB usually know who they like and have to date other guys to enable them to really eliminate a chance of their ever being a couple until there is only 1 person standing.

Living

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

Post by nutty1 Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:59 am

Living wrote:
nutty1 wrote:With regards to edit, I am already seeing the familar pattern of seeing what we want to see, depending on who our favorite is. It happens each season. That's why I'd never make a good sleuther, I always have a favorite I get too attached to, haha. Give me a task of finding white wicker chairs...I'll do that! But interpreting edit, blogs, etc....I would be too biased.

The excellent sleuthers are those who could truly separate their feelings from the process.
Right now, the JP fans are sure the edit is pointing to him, and Ben fans ( Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 12 1387363171 ) are saying the edit screams he is the winner!

Nutty1
. I am taking you up on your offer (if that is what it is, unless it was only in reference to white wicker chairs).

We know in retrospect, we find that the show is always the F1 show as they are featured largely, even though when it is airing we think the F1 is hidden. I have done this already and that is why I came to my conclusion as to who the F1 is, but it will be good to get another persons' doing it to see if we saw the same things. OK what to do is re-watch episodes 1 through to 4 and mark down every time Ben F, Constantine, JP and Ames is featured. When they are shown on screen, whether PI, if the conversation pertained to them or not, but the sc was of them. If they were speaking when the sc was of them etc. Apart from Bentley, it will be interesting to see who the star of the show is so far.

Thanks in advance

I love a challenge, LOL! Give me a few days to try to do this. Goal will be before Monday's show!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:03 am

nd4reality wrote:
Alexxxx wrote:Does anybody know what the ratings have been for this season?

I was at the hair salon yesterday (my source for a lot of different, unrelated, unspoiled viewers) and NOBODY was interested in this season. Can't stand Bentley, can't stand Ashley, completely dumbfounded when I told them who the F4 were - don't like any of them. But not interested enough to find out details.

I'm thinking this season is a bust.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with edit.

Actually the audience perception has everything to do with the edit. If they so wanted they could have keep the Bentley storyline in but kept most of her drama on the cutting floor. They haven't. They could show us a few PIs from Ashley to show that she is still thinking of "the bent one" so justify his return later on but they have left in all her whining, and tearful eyes and everything.

If they wanted a more romantic feel to their season they could have given us one. Its no wonder that most folks that I know too that reguarly watch TB are not interested this season.

At this point, every person I know who watches & is unspoiled thinks JP will win. So....is F1 unhidden because of the bentley fiasco, or was RS duped again?

As Blondie said, Ben is not getting the F1 edit either. But IMO, JP is so obvious. I guess the edit is not following the exact rules this time.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by sgjsnow Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:21 am

That was a great post from Blondie. I agree with her that they are playing up the Bentley thing. I can't get my head around that she was that distraught after hardly knowing him. I still think a lot of it was her insecurities being justified. Something I found interesting was that in the Bachelor Beatdown that in that group (I know take them for what their worth) but they were pretty adamant that Ashley was just a puppet with the producers pulling her strings and them commenting that she was definitely being "produced". I am curious to see the edit of his return and how that all plays out.
sgjsnow
sgjsnow

Female Posts : 377

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:38 am

nutty1 wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
Alexxxx wrote:Does anybody know what the ratings have been for this season?

I was at the hair salon yesterday (my source for a lot of different, unrelated, unspoiled viewers) and NOBODY was interested in this season. Can't stand Bentley, can't stand Ashley, completely dumbfounded when I told them who the F4 were - don't like any of them. But not interested enough to find out details.

I'm thinking this season is a bust.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with edit.

Actually the audience perception has everything to do with the edit. If they so wanted they could have keep the Bentley storyline in but kept most of her drama on the cutting floor. They haven't. They could show us a few PIs from Ashley to show that she is still thinking of "the bent one" so justify his return later on but they have left in all her whining, and tearful eyes and everything.

If they wanted a more romantic feel to their season they could have given us one. Its no wonder that most folks that I know too that reguarly watch TB are not interested this season.

At this point, every person I know who watches & is unspoiled thinks JP will win. So....is F1 unhidden because of the bentley fiasco, or was RS duped again?

As Blondie said, Ben is not getting the F1 edit either. But IMO, JP is so obvious. I guess the edit is not following the exact rules this time.

that's what was tough about Brad S2 - Em wasn't getting the F1 edit and Chantal was getting the obvious edit - at least for about 5 episodes.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:39 am

sgjsnow wrote:That was a great post from Blondie. I agree with her that they are playing up the Bentley thing. I can't get my head around that she was that distraught after hardly knowing him. I still think a lot of it was her insecurities being justified. Something I found interesting was that in the Bachelor Beatdown that in that group (I know take them for what their worth) but they were pretty adamant that Ashley was just a puppet with the producers pulling her strings and them commenting that she was definitely being "produced". I am curious to see the edit of his return and how that all plays out.

I believe Ashley was in on the Bentley game and is totally doing a great acting job.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:40 am

Living wrote:
nutty1 wrote:With regards to edit, I am already seeing the familar pattern of seeing what we want to see, depending on who our favorite is. It happens each season. That's why I'd never make a good sleuther, I always have a favorite I get too attached to, haha. Give me a task of finding white wicker chairs...I'll do that! But interpreting edit, blogs, etc....I would be too biased.

The excellent sleuthers are those who could truly separate their feelings from the process.
Right now, the JP fans are sure the edit is pointing to him, and Ben fans ( Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 12 1387363171 ) are saying the edit screams he is the winner!

Nutty1
. I am taking you up on your offer (if that is what it is, unless it was only in reference to white wicker chairs).

We know in retrospect, we find that the show is always the F1 show as they are featured largely, even though when it is airing we think the F1 is hidden. I have done this already and that is why I came to my conclusion as to who the F1 is, but it will be good to get another persons' doing it to see if we saw the same things. OK what to do is re-watch episodes 1 through to 4 and mark down every time Ben F, Constantine, JP and Ames is featured. When they are shown on screen, whether PI, if the conversation pertained to them or not, but the sc was of them. If they were speaking when the sc was of them etc. Apart from Bentley, it will be interesting to see who the star of the show is so far.

Thanks in advance

Aside from Bentley, JP has been front & center. The camera pans to him for reaction a lot, & has been in the background and foreground when Ashley interacts with the other guys. There also several camera shots of the men huddled together taking notice of Ashley's interactions with JP off in their own little world. JP has been really the only one to express his "feelings" for Ashley if not directly through his jealousy. This is very similar to "The Chris L Show" of last season and I'm not sure what to make of it other than JP may in fact be F2, or they are actually not hiding their F1 as much as seasons past? no idea

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:51 am

Regarding who is getting the physical vs emotional edit, I think it's too early to be totally conclusive on this. So far, JP is certainly getting a strong physical edit, but unlike with people like Kip (who got a PURELY physical edit), we are hearing, at least from JP, how smitten he already is with Ashley, which to me makes the connection seem emotional as well. Which other bachelors in the past have been shown to have fallen so fast (not counting the ones who barely knew the lead first)?

I also don't think we can conclude that Ben is not getting a physical edit until we see how things go on their date next week.

I also totally agree with BlondieGal's take on that scene discussing who has kissed Ashley. It was clear to me AT THAT POINT that Ben was not yet emotionally invested in her, and was just joining in with the other guys in razzing JP(who they knew was emotionally invested) about how everybody had kissed her, including him (even though it wasn't true).

Last edited by ironcat on Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Living Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:53 am

agentcurls wrote:
Living wrote:

Nutty1

Thanks in advance

Aside from Bentley, JP has been front & center. The camera pans to him for reaction a lot, & has been in the background and foreground when Ashley interacts with the other guys. There also several camera shots of the men huddled together taking notice of Ashley's interactions with JP off in their own little world. JP has been really the only one to express his "feelings" for Ashley if not directly through his jealousy. This is very similar to "The Chris L Show" of last season and I'm not sure what to make of it other than JP may in fact be F2, or they are actually not hiding their F1 as much as seasons past? no idea
It is true JP is featured a lot. I noticed than Ben F had the most sc's then Ames then JP before Constantine. (It is possible I attributed a bit of Constantine to Ben F which will change the equation. Also, to do this well, it has to be almost clinical. Make a tick when I see one of the faces in a grid. PI, were they talking, was it full face or background, were they in the conversation when their face was shown or not etc. Also as I wrote further up, Ben F had more nagative things to say about other contestants (Ryan P and Jeff and a third person) which is Not F1 edit. But lets start with clinical dissection of sc then we can move on. Someone has already done the PI's and VO which is great.

Living

Back to top Go down

Post by terabithia Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:53 am

nd4reality wrote:

Hell yeah, they used editing to (mostly) cover up the truth behind Graham's exit. They could have done the same with Bentley and the audience would never know he wasn't into Ashley, we'd have just assumed Ashley decided he wasn't the right fit so she refused him a rose in ep 4. Instead they showed Bentley saying unkind things about her, used editing to make him seem even worse, and allowed him to quit instead of being refused a rose.

Editing is extremely powerful. They could have turned Graham into a Bentley if they wanted to. Like ask Graham to describe a boring part of a group date (maybe watching the other guys drive around the race track) and then make it seem like he was talking about kissing DeAnna. Graham and DeAnna got off easy, tptb protected them both. Now the game has changed and they create drama out of situations that used to be quietly swept under the editing room rug.
terabithia
terabithia

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:54 am

ironcat wrote:Regarding who is getting the physical vs emotional edit, I think it's too early to be totally conclusive on this. So far, JP is certainly getting a strong physical edit, but unlike with people like Kip (who got a PURELY physical edit), we are hearing, at least from JP, how smitten he already is with Ashley, which to me makes the connection seem emotional as well. Which other bachelors in the past have been shown to have fallen so fast (not counting the ones who barely knew the lead first)?

I also don't think we can conclude that Ben is not getting a physical edit until we see how things go on their date next week.

I also totally agree with BlondieGirl's take on that scene discussing who has kissed Ashley. It was clear to me AT THAT POINT that Ben was not yet emotionally invested in her, and was just joining in with the other guys in razzing JP(who they knew was emotionally invested) about how everybody had kissed her, including him (even though it wasn't true).

Ryan Sutter stands out. Kirk for Ali. So does Jake for Jillian but they didn't have the physical chemistry to back it up.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:55 am

Bloomers

Ali had to come to the resolution that she was "good enough" for "the hot guy Roberto" in her edit. That was the conflict to be resolved. She was insecure in thinking that she wasn't enough for hot guys like Roberto. She had never had a chance with any of them in real life, and even the relationships with the quirky guys that she preferred like Frank had fallen apart.

So far, the conflict to be resolved - it looks like to me - in this edit for all of the guys is whether Ashley can overcome Bentley.

We have now had enough time according to the edit to see that JP has some demons of his own to overcome in this pursuit of Ashley: competitiveness, jealousy, and lack of patience. Sometimes he comes across too confident.

Ben, too, has to overcome Bentley. Next week, we will see BenF's 1-1, and we will see his weakness's magnified.

Glad you're seeing the same thing I'm seeing.

I wonder how JP will be portrayed next week when it's BenF's turn for his 1:1.

Of course we'll see Ash overcome Bent (just as Em removed her ring after the NASCAR date). Once Ash overcomes that hurdle in HK I expect we won't hear another word about him. Just like we never saw the ring again after the NASCAR date.

anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 46 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 29 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

+68
happyvalleygirl
Scarletta
LuvnIt
Shadow
cfck2222