SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

Page 13 of 46 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 29 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 13 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

Post by Living Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:58 am

ironcat wrote:Regarding who is getting the physical vs emotional edit, I think it's too early to be totally conclusive on this. So far, JP is certainly getting a strong physical edit, but unlike with people like Kip (who got a PURELY physical edit), we are hearing, at least from JP, how smitten he already is with Ashley, which to me makes the connection seem emotional as well. Which other bachelors in the past have been shown to have fallen so fast (not counting the ones who barely knew the lead first)?

I also don't think we can conclude that Ben is not getting a physical edit until we see how things go on their date next week.

I also totally agree with BlondieGal's take on that scene discussing who has kissed Ashley. It was clear to me AT THAT POINT that Ben was not yet emotionally invested in her, and was just joining in with the other guys in razzing JP(who they knew was emotionally invested) about how everybody had kissed her, including him (even though it wasn't true).

The physical edit we all can see. Emotional is inward and we all have our views and take on things. Even more importantly we are not in Ashley's heart or head to know what is going on. Personaly I never look at emotional edit as, because of editing, I really do not know who she has emotional ties with. Even emotional being of friend, of empathy, or liking because he is good with kids/others etc. This emotional feeling can be directed at 3, 4 or even more of of the contestants for all we know. She likes them for different reasons. For me emotion edit has not proven to mean anything in all the previous seasons.

Living

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 13 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

Post by Bloomers Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:00 pm

agentcurls wrote:
Living wrote:
nutty1 wrote:With regards to edit, I am already seeing the familar pattern of seeing what we want to see, depending on who our favorite is. It happens each season. That's why I'd never make a good sleuther, I always have a favorite I get too attached to, haha. Give me a task of finding white wicker chairs...I'll do that! But interpreting edit, blogs, etc....I would be too biased.

The excellent sleuthers are those who could truly separate their feelings from the process.
Right now, the JP fans are sure the edit is pointing to him, and Ben fans ( Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 13 1387363171 ) are saying the edit screams he is the winner!

Nutty1
. I am taking you up on your offer (if that is what it is, unless it was only in reference to white wicker chairs).

We know in retrospect, we find that the show is always the F1 show as they are featured largely, even though when it is airing we think the F1 is hidden. I have done this already and that is why I came to my conclusion as to who the F1 is, but it will be good to get another persons' doing it to see if we saw the same things. OK what to do is re-watch episodes 1 through to 4 and mark down every time Ben F, Constantine, JP and Ames is featured. When they are shown on screen, whether PI, if the conversation pertained to them or not, but the sc was of them. If they were speaking when the sc was of them etc. Apart from Bentley, it will be interesting to see who the star of the show is so far.

Thanks in advance

Aside from Bentley, JP has been front & center. The camera pans to him for reaction a lot, & has been in the background and foreground when Ashley interacts with the other guys. There also several camera shots of the men huddled together taking notice of Ashley's interactions with JP off in their own little world. JP has been really the only one to express his "feelings" for Ashley if not directly through his jealousy. This is very similar to "The Chris L Show" of last season and I'm not sure what to make of it other than JP may in fact be F2, or they are actually not hiding their F1 as much as seasons past? no idea

Crazy editing this season! Up to this episode, JP has been the definite F1 - almost perfect. After this episode with the jealous, confident and a few other not so complimentary remarks, he looked more like the F2. Ben seemed to emerge as an interesting contender, but maybe not the F2 or the F1 of the past given how late the season. We didn't hear or see particularly strong comments one way or the other. Ames and Constantine - the nice guys that they are - certainly didn't register as the F3s and F4s of the past.

To me, at this point, it looks like we have an F1/F2 JP sort of like what we had with Chantal last season. Certainly, it is not as defined. For instance, someone pointed out that they left out a scene where JP says that "He is full of ****."
That is quite derogatory for an F1 in the edit to be heard saying. They would have thrown that in on Chantal left season as they appeared to spare her nothing.

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by Living Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:06 pm

anders wrote:

I wonder how JP will be portrayed next week when it's BenF's turn for his 1:1.

Of course we'll see Ash overcome Bent (just as Em removed her ring after the NASCAR date). Once Ash overcomes that hurdle in HK I expect we won't hear another word about him. Just like we never saw the ring again after the NASCAR date.

Sorry, both CH and Ashley say he features in the next 2 episodes.

Living

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:09 pm

Living wrote:
anders wrote:

I wonder how JP will be portrayed next week when it's BenF's turn for his 1:1.

Of course we'll see Ash overcome Bent (just as Em removed her ring after the NASCAR date). Once Ash overcomes that hurdle in HK I expect we won't hear another word about him. Just like we never saw the ring again after the NASCAR date.

Sorry, both CH and Ashley say he features in the next 2 episodes.

Living HK (Hong Kong) is Episode 6 which is when Bentley reappears and we think that Ashley will finally be rid of him. So yes The Bent One is going to be mentioned both of the next two episodes and probably appear at the end of Ep 5 and feature in Ep 6. affraid
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhughes Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:12 pm

Bloomers wrote:
agentcurls wrote:
Living wrote:
nutty1 wrote:With regards to edit, I am already seeing the familar pattern of seeing what we want to see, depending on who our favorite is. It happens each season. That's why I'd never make a good sleuther, I always have a favorite I get too attached to, haha. Give me a task of finding white wicker chairs...I'll do that! But interpreting edit, blogs, etc....I would be too biased.

The excellent sleuthers are those who could truly separate their feelings from the process.
Right now, the JP fans are sure the edit is pointing to him, and Ben fans ( Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 13 1387363171 ) are saying the edit screams he is the winner!

Nutty1
. I am taking you up on your offer (if that is what it is, unless it was only in reference to white wicker chairs).

We know in retrospect, we find that the show is always the F1 show as they are featured largely, even though when it is airing we think the F1 is hidden. I have done this already and that is why I came to my conclusion as to who the F1 is, but it will be good to get another persons' doing it to see if we saw the same things. OK what to do is re-watch episodes 1 through to 4 and mark down every time Ben F, Constantine, JP and Ames is featured. When they are shown on screen, whether PI, if the conversation pertained to them or not, but the sc was of them. If they were speaking when the sc was of them etc. Apart from Bentley, it will be interesting to see who the star of the show is so far.

Thanks in advance

Aside from Bentley, JP has been front & center. The camera pans to him for reaction a lot, & has been in the background and foreground when Ashley interacts with the other guys. There also several camera shots of the men huddled together taking notice of Ashley's interactions with JP off in their own little world. JP has been really the only one to express his "feelings" for Ashley if not directly through his jealousy. This is very similar to "The Chris L Show" of last season and I'm not sure what to make of it other than JP may in fact be F2, or they are actually not hiding their F1 as much as seasons past? no idea

Crazy editing this season! Up to this episode, JP has been the definite F1 - almost perfect. After this episode with the jealous, confident and a few other not so complimentary remarks, he looked more like the F2. Ben seemed to emerge as an interesting contender, but maybe not the F2 or the F1 of the past given how late the season. We didn't hear or see particularly strong comments one way or the other. Ames and Constantine - the nice guys that they are - certainly didn't register as the F3s and F4s of the past.

To me, at this point, it looks like we have an F1/F2 JP sort of like what we had with Chantal last season. Certainly, it is not as defined. For instance, someone pointed out that they left out a scene where JP says that "He is full of ****."
That is quite derogatory for an F1 in the edit to be heard saying. They would have thrown that in on Chantal left season as they appeared to spare her nothing.

Don't forget, Ben was there at the RC when the guys were discussing Ryan, he was shown making a face at Ryan's behavior, he had an ITM about his "Ryan-meter" and he was joking around with JP about kissing Ashley, etc.
IMO, neither of the F2 are getting a true F1 edit this year.
mnmhughes
mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112

Back to top Go down

Post by Living Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:17 pm

mnmhughes wrote:

Don't forget, Ben was there at the RC when the guys were discussing Ryan, he was shown making a face at Ryan's behavior, he had an ITM about his "Ryan-meter" and he was joking around with JP about kissing Ashley, etc.
IMO, neither of the F2 are getting a true F1 edit this year.

On the first night Ben said some stuff about Jeff(masked man) and Tim (drunk man) as well which was not complimentary. Ben seems to be in the centre of the drama (however little) in the house which is not F1 edit. More F3 pally with the guys.

Living

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:26 pm

Maybe they are showing that it is nto ashley who has flauts all do to some extent.

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:28 pm

Ok, so we have both our F2 saying not so kind things about Ryan, JP is experiencing some envy & possessiveness, Ben F is teasing JP a bit...

The edit is all over the place...

But I can't help but think that they are building up a great story for proposal day...

Ash "I've been on this emotional roller coaster (Bentley), and you've been right in front of me this whole time to carry me through it...." (etc)

JP "Can I call you cupcake now?"

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:38 pm

Having a pristine edit is also not indicative of being F1, as Kip, Reid and Chris L can attest to. More likely it means the producers are considering you for the next Bachelor.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Living Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:46 pm

ironcat wrote:Having a pristine edit is also not indicative of being F1, as Kip, Reid and Chris L can attest to. More likely it means the producers are considering you for the next Bachelor.

F3 sounds like Ben alla Reid. The F1 is usually edited as bland, not much chemistry for the first 5 or six episodes.

Living

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:53 pm

Living wrote:
ironcat wrote:Having a pristine edit is also not indicative of being F1, as Kip, Reid and Chris L can attest to. More likely it means the producers are considering you for the next Bachelor.

F3 sounds like Ben alla Reid. The F1 is usually edited as bland, not much chemistry for the first 5 or six episodes.

Bland, maybe, but most of our bachettes have been shown to have chemistry with F1 from first epi (Meredith & Ian/Jillian & Ed/Ali & Roberto), and most have had a solid 1:1 during first 3 epis that include some smooching. To me, that puts Ames out of the running, although I would be pleasantly surprised if she went in that direction.
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Living Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:13 pm

agentcurls wrote:
Living wrote:

Bland, maybe, but most of our bachettes have been shown to have chemistry with F1 from first epi (Meredith & Ian/Jillian & Ed/Ali & Roberto), and most have had a solid 1:1 during first 3 epis that include some smooching. To me, that puts Ames out of the running, although I would be pleasantly surprised if she went in that direction.

We see the chemistry in retrospect. At the time it is showing they do not show much and we see nothing. Almost every season, we COMPLAIN AS TO NOT BEING SHOWN THE LOVE STORY, and wondering how the lead could have chosen the F1. If they showed the love story we would not have to complain. From recent episodes on this franchise, we tend to see something more getting to the end.

Those sleuthing find something but generally,
Jesse, a dream, no one saw coming
Ed, it was only after they showed them in Spain and the Ed drunk interaction (deleted portions) before the finale that most people started to see or understand something may be up.
Roberto, almost everyone could see only Chris L.

The same with TB and ladies too. Even with Em people said there was nothing going on there etc. The F1 is there for all to see but the chemistry is hidden.

Last edited by Living on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Living

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 46 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 29 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

+68
happyvalleygirl
Scarletta
LuvnIt
Shadow
cfck2222