SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 29 of 63 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 46 ... 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Alanna Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:30 pm

agentcurls wrote:I luuuuuuurve me some KaitBoo but their edit is so...well...disturbing.
Do tptb really view Shawn this way? The Shawn with Kaitlyn is pretty magical. The Shawn without Kaitlyn is a bit of a caricature, and not a good one. I don't understand this F1 edit at all. Did they have to make it this drastic so that him and Kaitlyn wouldn't have so obvious? It's not impossible that there have been other rivalries such as this between an F1 and one of the other suitors but tptb decided to let the F1 shine brighter in the edit in the past?
Do they have a rather low opinion of them and think Shawn and Kaitlyn will not make it last?
I'm truly glad for them and love witnessing their journey to their happy ending, but I just can't be "Trista&Ryan-exuberant", much as I wish I could.
And Kait's not looking too great herself either laugh out loud I hope they've seen their combined levels of dramatics and decided that's not what they want to be like individually or together. Real life has no tptb or other guys so it's just up to them at this point.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by isittrue Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:40 pm

Alanna wrote:
agentcurls wrote:I luuuuuuurve me some KaitBoo but their edit is so...well...disturbing.
Do tptb really view Shawn this way? The Shawn with Kaitlyn is pretty magical. The Shawn without Kaitlyn is a bit of a caricature, and not a good one. I don't understand this F1 edit at all. Did they have to make it this drastic so that him and Kaitlyn wouldn't have so obvious? It's not impossible that there have been other rivalries such as this between an F1 and one of the other suitors but tptb decided to let the F1 shine brighter in the edit in the past?
Do they have a rather low opinion of them and think Shawn and Kaitlyn will not make it last?
I'm truly glad for them and love witnessing their journey to their happy ending, but I just can't be "Trista&Ryan-exuberant", much as I wish I could.
And Kait's not looking too great herself either laugh out loud I hope they've seen their combined levels of dramatics and decided that's not what they want to be like individually or together. Real life has no tptb or other guys so it's just up to them at this point.

I have to agree with both you. I never saw a F1 portrayed with so many red flags and a lead portrayed in the same way. K did say the show showed relatable figures with flaws... but I find these so over the top especially with Shawn's confrontations with Nick. I think if anything the show has thrown them both under the bus because of they were not happy with how she broke the rules with off-camera convos with her F1 and then how she treated her F2 (despite opinions to the contrary that he is being manipulated, I think his edit has been much more sympathetic and favorable and I think TPTB like him unlike K and S) at the end maybe??? It's so maddening that we get glimpses of them together and then so much is cut off, it makes you doubt that they belong together. No wonder why she has been so obvious in SM - she and Shawn are probably not very happy with the edit and I would not be surprised if it causes some problems in their relationship. Hope they can figure things out away from the bubble and those evil TPTB

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:13 pm

I will agree that the edit has not been kind to K and S, but the truth is that the editors can only use what you give them. I am sure there is lots of cute and loving stuff that was left on the editing floor, but if you act like a jerk or a spoiled brat, or a crazy jealous person they use it.

They did it to Nick last year, the whole on a mountain with a dog named Murray is a take on Anchorman the movie, Nick was not serious at all it was a big joke. But the editors took out any reference to the movie and made it look like Nick was that arrogant. Nick pretty much accepted his edit and moved on. It is just the way it is.

I have made the editing excuse for Nick before, so I get the appeal, but at the end of the day, you have to admit that TPTB used what K and S gave them. If he hadn't acted jealous and been confrontational with Nick, they couldn't have used it. If Kaitlyn hadn't lied, sneaked around and made so many mistakes they wouldn't have been able to use that either. Their edit sucks because they gave TPTB so much to work with.

TPTB is not your friend. At this point I wish that they would just be secure in their choosing of each other and stop posting her whole life on SM and stop bating the people who don't like her. Step away from your tablet or phone Kaitlyn an dance, or call your boo, but just be happy in your choice and ignore the rest.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:19 pm

Amen to that. ^^^^^^ Thanks stuck!
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by glazedover Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:27 pm

I think that it is as Kaitlin said "showing relatable figures with flaws." TPTB is not kind, but people have all kinds of faults, flaws and differences. And what looks like a flaw to some of us is perfectly fine to others and vice versa. We all act as though once a couple is set up and makes it through the filming and the ATFR that they will live happily ever after....even though almost all of these relationships fail for a variety of reasons. I really don't think anyone is actually getting thrown under the bus, but the participants are not being shown in a rosy light either. The show works with what it's got. As for Kaitlin, I think she is a mess but that does not stop me of being fond of her. Same for Nick. Shawn, not so much....but that's my personal choice based on my own observations and experiences, others feel differently....the same as in the people we meet in real life. All IMO.

glazedover

Female Posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:39 pm

I was all for watching relatable figures with flaws.  But that's not what I feel like I see 99.999% of the time.  IMO, what we've gotten were grown adults having melt downs and temper tantrums like children, acting without thinking and both loving the one your with and living in the moment so long that you don't realize it's about to bite you in the butt.  

I will say I'm proud of K for owning her mistakes.  I just don't find her as relatable and likable as I did last season.  But that's jmo.  In the end as long as she's happy and in love that's all that matters.  I just hope we get a freaking twirl at the FRC and a happy couple that acts in love at the ATFR.  Is that asking too much after the crappy drama at we've had to endure all season?  giggling
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:44 pm

Ladybug82 wrote:I was all for watching relatable figures with flaws.  But that's not what I feel like I see 99.999% of the time.  IMO, what we've gotten were grown adults having melt downs and temper tantrums like children, acting without thinking and both loving the one your with and living in the moment so long that you don't realize it's about to bite you in the butt.  

I will say I'm proud of K for owning her mistakes.  I just don't find her as relatable and likable as I did last season.  But that's jmo.  In the end as long as she's happy and in love that's all that matters.  I just hope we get a freaking twirl at the FRC and a happy couple that acts in love at the ATFR.  Is that asking too much after the crappy drama at we've had to endure all season?  giggling

Amen to that! But Fleissmeister likes his ratings too much to stop now!

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:00 pm

Sorry, but I don't see owning the mistakes. I see excuse making and getting upset that anyone other than Shawn dares to question her. And the post filming behavior is like watching a person in the process of having a nervous breakdown. IMO
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:16 pm

At this point, I almost wish she had picked Nick - the backlash would have been less IMO. I am starting to get the vibe maybe she did want to pick him and felt pressured to pick Shawn because of telling him he was the one.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:23 pm

isittrue wrote:At this point, I almost wish she had picked Nick - the backlash would have been less IMO.  I am starting to get the vibe maybe she did want to pick him and felt pressured to pick Shawn because of telling him he was the one.  

I don't know that is would be any different. Her edit on the show is not great, but for me at least her behavior after the show is the awful part. She is melting down and not in a good way. She seems like she spends her whole day looking up people who don't like her on SM. It is just pathetic. You went on a tv show and some people don't like you. So what, they don't know you, they are complete strangers. Ignore them. Be like Becca and kill them with kindness. The worst thing you can do with a cyberbully is engage them, it gives them power and makes them feel awesome because you noticed them. Ignore them and they will give up. Instead it is like she is giving the gremlins food and water and then crying because something bad happened. Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 29 2292733854
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:32 pm

So Kaitlyn and cyberbullying, that brings me back to a topic discussed in a different thread: why didn't we see Shawn support her publicly if sm means so much to her?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:34 pm

stuckinsc wrote:Sorry, but I don't see owning the mistakes. I see excuse making and getting upset that anyone other than Shawn dares to question her.  And the post filming behavior is like watching a person in the process of having a nervous breakdown. IMO

Well... I meant early on with things, especially the pre-FS sex.  But now, she seems more defensive than anything.  In all honesty, I probably would be too, or at least feel a little beat up and bruised, in her position as the lead.  I know they sign up for it and she's making it worse by responding and not ignoring those that don't like her and make nasty comments.  But I do tend to feel a little bad for them for having to deal with those that are nasty to them for whatever reason.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 63 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 46 ... 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

+84
nannymargie
bluwavz
Rolly
LoveDovez
marloon
eliza3
Emilia23_12
luvlady345
chi-girl
Di_ATL
MissB