SELECT CONTENT

Jef Holm - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion

Page 16 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jef Holm - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: Jef Holm - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion

Post by Amberish Mon May 20, 2013 1:09 pm

JenTen1585 wrote:PS I know there is left over animosity from when people so strongly supported Arie over Jef and I wanted to say that I adore Arie and think that he has also proved to be a truely good guy!!! The fact that Jef and Arie love and appreciate each other speaks volumes. They were two great guys and remain classy, sweet and fascinating today.

Perhaps there are those that are Arie fans, but that is not me. I represent those Bachelor fans that was impressed by Jef before noticing that beyond his smooth snake oil salesman exterior lies nothing of substance.

Emily dumped Jef for cheating after a tabloid reported Jef hooking up with one of his "multiple" girlfriends when leaving to participate on the Bachelorette, but she was obviously disenchanted long before and easily pinpointed to the time of Ashley and JP's not so flattering remarks after producer Cassie Lambert's wedding.

Subsequent, People Water, a company Jef founded, unceremoniously dumped Jef. There is certainly a story there, and I doubt it would be anything flattering towards Jef given his besty dumping him, too, after openly making a twitter alliance with Emily.

In my opinion, there are two types of Jef fans: Those like me that came to see the light (and at least slightly repulsed for having fallen for a too good to be true smooth talker) and those that are still blinking ...
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Jef Holm - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: Jef Holm - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion

Post by Peppermom Mon May 20, 2013 1:23 pm

Amberish wrote:
JenTen1585 wrote:PS I know there is left over animosity from when people so strongly supported Arie over Jef and I wanted to say that I adore Arie and think that he has also proved to be a truely good guy!!! The fact that Jef and Arie love and appreciate each other speaks volumes. They were two great guys and remain classy, sweet and fascinating today.

Perhaps there are those that are Arie fans, but that is not me. I represent those Bachelor fans that was impressed by Jef before noticing that beyond his smooth snake oil salesman exterior lies nothing of substance.

Emily dumped Jef for cheating after a tabloid reported Jef hooking up with one of his "multiple" girlfriends when leaving to participate on the Bachelorette, but she was obviously disenchanted long before and easily pinpointed to the time of Ashley and JP's not so flattering remarks after producer Cassie Lambert's wedding.

Subsequent, People Water, a company Jef founded, unceremoniously dumped Jef. There is certainly a story there, and I doubt it would be anything flattering towards Jef given his besty dumping him, too, after openly making a twitter alliance with Emily.

In my opinion, there are two types of Jef fans: Those like me that came to see the light (and at least slightly repulsed for having fallen for a too good to be true smooth talker) and those that are still blinking ...

Then there are those like me who were never fans. giggling

Tough times don't last, tough people do.  Life is a journey, not a destination.
Peppermom
Peppermom

Back to top Go down

Post by mare2 Mon May 20, 2013 1:31 pm

Amberish wrote:

Good points. Can you elaborate on the JP and Ashley remarks from the wedding?

I've tried to re-like Jef time and time again. Occasionally I check his twitter and Instagram to see what he's up to. I'm looking for anything, ANYTHING at all that'll make me go 'hmm, well done Jef!' But he still seems to be city hopping and hanging out for a living. Hell, even Emily has broadened her horizons a bit networking/blogging with her upcoming trip to Ethiopia. But the question still remains, what the heck does Jef do? He had so much depth during the show, one can't help but wonder if it was all for show.

Last edited by mare2 on Mon May 20, 2013 1:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

mare2

Back to top Go down

Post by b Mon May 20, 2013 1:33 pm

It is still interesting that Jef is so polarizing, one year later. First let me say, I never got the fascination w/Jef, but did initially enjoy his interactions w/Emily. I started the season rooting for Jef (he seemed like an underdog to me), but that changed to rooting for Arie b/c Jef didn't seem "real." While I was never part of the Jef v Arie wars (haven't been emotionally invested since Jillian's season), I was disheartened by it hmmm . It seems a lot of regular posters left this board around that time and haven't returned.

b

Back to top Go down

Post by JenTen1585 Mon May 20, 2013 2:39 pm

If I remember right, JP and Ashley said that Jef and Emily appeared to be happy and in love. When asked if they would hang out with them, Ashley responded something like that she would be more likely to hang out with Ben and Courtney just because they are at a more similar place in their lives (implying because Emily had a daughter and her and Jef would be more into family type things I think). Nothing negative about Jef.
In the breakup, I think that both Jef and Emily made mistakes and both were unfaithful in some way. Jef forgave Emily quickly in September but Emily did not forgive Jef until November or December when they tried again, but by then I guess it was too late and too much water under the bridge and hurt feelings. We don't know what went on, but based on the pain and hurt I saw etched on their faces, I think they truly loved eachother. Back in January a fan was getting on Sean's case for the show being all fake and set up and that no one can truly fall in love. Jef jumped into the convesation and said that his love was never altered by the circumstances and that he only hoped that the tweeter would experience a love so real in their life. After the break up, Jef fought again and again and again to get Emily back. He kept showing up in Charlotte and they continued talking. To this day, it is my understanding that they still talk occasionally on the phone and Emily will ask him for business advice and they are friendly. Jef has consistently defended her and spoke kindly of her to whoever will listen, including his close friends and any acquaintence who asks.
With regard to People Water, we don't know what happened. All we know is that the company went from 16 employees down to 4. They could not drop Jef, he was (and still is) a founder. It had to be a mutual decision. Cody not only stopped following Jef, but also Brono and Weslie. I believe what went down was both personal and based on money but we won't know exactly what unless they tell us and I don't think it is fair to blame it on Jef unless we know what actually happened. All the other People Water employees (Blake Nyman, former employee Chelsea, Brono and Wes, etc.) still follow Jef and like his photos so I don't think it was something that was all one sided.
Finally, it's very hard to know exactly who these people are as we only get to see small glimpses, but from what I've seen, I still respect and believe in him. And I will keep defending him because I honestly believe he was and is exactly who we saw.

JenTen1585

Back to top Go down

Post by mare2 Mon May 20, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi Jen! Such a great fan you are! Hugesmile

I would absolutely watch a whole season with Jef, I think he wants the gig, and why wouldn't they have him?

mare2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 3:23 pm

Amberish wrote:Perhaps there are those that are Arie fans, but that is not me. I represent those Bachelor fans that was impressed by Jef before noticing that beyond his smooth snake oil salesman exterior lies nothing of substance.

Hi :Smiley: Could you tell something more about what Ashley & JP's remarks were about Jef & Emily after Cassie's wedding? I haven't heard that yet and I'm curious!

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Mon May 20, 2013 3:26 pm

Here is the article from back in August:

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelorette/articles/ashley-and-jp-on-seeing-emily-maynard-and-meeting-jef-holm-for-the-first-time-they-seem-very-much-in-love-exclusive

There really wasn't anything said that was negative about Jef or Emily. All they implied was that (as another poster stated) they were more apt to hang out with Courtney and Ben as they were at similar points in their life.
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 3:31 pm

sbolduc wrote:Here is the article from back in August:

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelorette/articles/ashley-and-jp-on-seeing-emily-maynard-and-meeting-jef-holm-for-the-first-time-they-seem-very-much-in-love-exclusive

There really wasn't anything said that was negative about Jef or Emily. All they implied was that (as another poster stated) they were more apt to hang out with Courtney and Ben as they were at similar points in their life.

Thanks for the article!
You're right, they don't say anything negative about Jef & Emily.
Sometimes I still wonder why they exactly broke up, no one seems to know exactly. Some say Jef cheated on Emily and others say Emily cheated on Jef. We'll never know the whole truth I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by officeRules Mon May 20, 2013 3:33 pm

Yes, that was how I remembered it as well. Thanks for clearing that up yes
officeRules
officeRules

Female Posts : 992

Back to top Go down

Post by Mozart Mon May 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Amberish wrote:

I totally agree with you, Amberish!
While watching Emily's season and immediately afterwards, I believed that Emily had made an excellent choice for her - that Jef was a mature family man, stable and honest, with substance, who loved children and felt ready to marry and have a family!
IMO, I was wrong. no
I saw more and more that Jef was immature and irresponsible (JMO) and- very troubling - again and again, he sought out the company of teenyboppers and, from what I observed, was always trying to "hook up" with them. no no

And as a former teenybopper, I can attest that teen girls aren't just into "hooking up". no no
For the most part, they want to be in love and have a relationship with the fellow that they love - and not have him take off and hook up with someone else - as Jef does!

Jef seems to be perpetually flying around the US, seeking out venues where teenyboppers congregate, irresponsible, and also "flying in" girls for himself who he particularly likes.
Jef seems to be an empty shell to me, clueless, irresponsible - and repulsive. no

IMO, he is the worst F1 ever - and the complete opposite of what a Bachelor should be.

Marti Smiley

My Homepage (for Mozart fans) -
MOZART'S FAVORITE SISTER-IN-LAW, SOPHIE WEBER HAIBL: AN 18TH CENTURY WOMAN:
http://mozartist.blogspot.com/
Mozart
Mozart

Female Posts : 251

http://mozartist.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Mon May 20, 2013 7:59 pm

-SarahP wrote:
Amberish wrote:Perhaps there are those that are Arie fans, but that is not me. I represent those Bachelor fans that was impressed by Jef before noticing that beyond his smooth snake oil salesman exterior lies nothing of substance.

Hi :Smiley: Could you tell something more about what Ashley & JP's remarks were about Jef & Emily after Cassie's wedding? I haven't heard that yet and I'm curious!

It wasn't so much what they said, but, rather, how it came across. I can't find the video and the published (edited) transcribed isn't truly telling.

Anyway, what I recall is Ashley and JP towing the company line about the couple looking as if in love. However, JP was clearly taken aback when asked about spending time with the Emily and Jef, and the response about having more in common with Ben and Courtney seem to come off as a "save". It was just such an awkward moment.

In retrospect, it all makes sense as we know from various sources that from the time they were in NY, ready to fly to Africa, until Emily gave her story to People, they tried but it wasn't working.

Emily and Jef's relationship parallels DeAnna and Jesse Csincsak in nearly all respects --- good television, but never a real love story.
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Jef Holm - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion

+58
eliza3
lleyki
nutty1
KB_Mom
emad0722