SELECT CONTENT

Revenge - Discussion

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Revenge - Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Revenge - Discussion

Post by disneychick Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:59 pm

Krispi wrote:I also wondered about the change in character...but did they ever say the name when the guy was on screen? Could it have been another asian character helping train her? Because it obviously wasn't our Takeda from last year now was it!!!!

Yes, she refers to him as Takeda in one of the scenes. Apparently this article was released in August about the change: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Revenge-Cary-Hiroyuki-Tagawa-1051994.aspx

I thought he had a really rough summer otherwise. lol!

disneychick

Back to top Go down

Post by scarlet_sage7 Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:38 pm

Thanks for posting the link to that article. I thought something was a bit awry with Takeda! Just thought maybe he'd just gotten his hair shaved but I have to admit, I really prefer Sanada for this role. A shame he isn't doing it. :Frown:

Did anyone check out the Vanity Fair summary of Season 1? I read only a few paragraphs and didn't like the fact that they relegated it to "a campy soap". No doubt this is why this show got snubbed by the Emmy's. But, that's ok, those award shows are basically the rich and famous congratulating each other, in my opinion. (Did you notice they now have an Emmy for "award shows". Good grief.)

So what makes a "soap" ya'all? I can't see how this show is any more "soapy" than a show like, for example, Hawaii Five-0 (which nobody considers a "soap"). What do you think?
:soapbox

scarlet_sage7

Female Posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:41 am

Revenge - Discussion - Page 10 3623427539 Revenge - Discussion - Page 10 625701676 Revenge - Discussion - Page 10 2028500532 Revenge - Discussion - Page 10 687187126

To All the New Members who post in this thread! Glad you joined our site!
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by scarlet_sage7 Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:24 pm

Why thank you, Admin! Good to know you are checking in on our thread.

I have decided that Vanity Fair has not really watched this show. Most likely they based their comments off of something they read from somebody else, and so on and so on. Whether or not you consider Revenge a "soap opera" it doesn't matter. What it is not, is camp!! no

FYI for anyone reading this thread who is not familiar with this show, it is a modern day drama / thriller loosely based on the Count of Monte Cristo.

Thoughts, anyone?

scarlet_sage7

Female Posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:06 am

Didn't even notice there was a thread for this show until now. Guessing no one is really watching anymore since there hasn't been posts in awhile...

I just caught up with this show on Netlfix a couple weeks ago, & it's really good so far until the winter finale that just aired!! Ugh why must they ruin it!? So bummed and heart-broken! no :tissuebox

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Revenge - Discussion - Page 10 8367-910 Revenge - Discussion - Page 10 I_got_13 Revenge - Discussion - Page 10 E5kqdm15 Revenge - Discussion - Page 10 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11969

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:25 pm

Linds911 wrote:Didn't even notice there was a thread for this show until now. Guessing no one is really watching anymore since there hasn't been posts in awhile...

I just caught up with this show on Netlfix a couple weeks ago, & it's really good so far until the winter finale that just aired!! Ugh why must they ruin it!? So bummed and heart-broken! no :tissuebox

I haven't watched the show, but that's one reason why... I always seem to get upset with how the show is written after the first two seasons or ends.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:36 pm

Linds911 wrote:Didn't even notice there was a thread for this show until now. Guessing no one is really watching anymore since there hasn't been posts in awhile...

I have to agree I watch this show every Sunday but was absolutely shocked at the ending of this winter finale.

I wonder why they killed him of first Aiden now him :shocked!:
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:55 pm

I just finished watching it. I was disappointed he was "written off". Maybe he was offered a better job? In the end when all is said and done, Emiy/Amanda will end up with Jack as it should be.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:22 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I just finished watching it. I was disappointed he was "written off". Maybe he was offered a better job? In the end when all is said and done, Emiy/Amanda will end up with Jack as it should be.

I think you are right about Emily and Jack just read that it was his and the writers decision. He wanted to go out saving Emily like she saved him. Did not mention if he has any other plans. I do think they are going to end this show at the end of this year.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:32 pm

I enjoy the show on many levels. I was disappointed when Aidan was killed off. I was more disappointed when her dad made a return--"alive". At that point, I guess exit strategy was being planned for the show. I will miss it. I love watching her fight--reminds me of Jennifer Garner on Alias.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:17 am

Kashathediva wrote:I enjoy the show on many levels. I was disappointed when Aidan was killed off. I was more disappointed when her dad made a return--"alive". At that point, I guess exit strategy was being planned for the show. I will miss it. I love watching her fight--reminds me of Jennifer Garner on Alias.

Totally agree I Love this show too and will miss it. Loved Aiden was extremely sad when he was killed off. Love Emily too.......
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:30 am

My guess is that the actor got a better job. Although now the actor and the actress who plays Emily/Amanda (Emily Van Camp) won't have a really convenient way to be in an off-screen relationship. I would have rather they kill off several of the annoying new characters.

Revenge - Discussion - Page 10 87b72b10 Revenge - Discussion - Page 10 86669110 Revenge - Discussion - Page 10 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Revenge - Discussion

+16