Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & Bachelorette who enjoy

sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join our site for updates on past contestants as well.

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Enjoy!

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

Page 5 of 46 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

Post by Scarletta on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Well, so far there really isn't anyone that I would say she truly has a slow burn with. So far with Ben, it's been no more than a couple of fleeting sparks.

As far as what Ash and JP have in common, they are both east coast city people, very well educated professionals, (we assume) not particularly religious, short of stature :giggle: , I'm not sure based on the little we know about any of them that there is somebody else there that is a much more obvious fit on paper, unless she really wants to marry another dentist. Yes, JP is a little older, but 6-7 years is not a problem if they are both in the same place in their lives. And again, just because the editors have only chosen to show us their physical chemistry, it doesn't mean that's all there is to their relationship.
The main question for me is whether the Bentley drama and fallout is enough of a reason why they have chosen not to go with a more traditional hidden F1 edit. Right now we have JP's edit and "we barely knew ye, everyone else's" edit. If it does end up being anyone besides JP, the editors really dropped the ball on this one, IMO.

I agree totally with the bolded part. It's entirely possible that they've spent a decent amount of quality time getting to know all about each other, but TPTB don't choose to show us that because they think it's "boring" Rolling Eyes , & that all we want to see is suck-face & whining.
I also agree that the editors really dropped the ball this season. I started the season looking forward to it & liking Ashley a lot, but now I don't respect her at all. All do to what TPTB have chosen to show us of her. It's not only put me off on Ashley, but on the whole Bach/Bachette show.

Scarletta

Female Posts : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:21 pm

I think things will speed up/become more clear once Bentley is out of the picture for good.

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:One thing we have to keep in mind is that Ashley is all about physical chemistry & nothing but physical chemistry. That's why we have the Bentley problem.
Having things in common or enjoying each other's company means nothing to her. That's why she isn't giving a lot of really great guys a chance.
The only other person she's all over is JP. They barely have any other interaction except making out & wrapping all over each other. I don't think she knows a thing about him, but she's physically attracted to him & that's all she wants.
JP has got to be F1. He was probably her F2 from the beginning, but moved up by default.
Heck of a way to start a relationship. no no

Yes. And yet she wants us to believe she chose a slow burn over a quick spark. WTH?

Even if there is more to their relationship that's being cut out of the final edit, what we're being shown of Jordash is not a slow burn.

That's exactly what happened with Ali and Roberto. I was shocked those two knew each others names by HTD because all they did was makeout. But hey, looks like a sustainable way to have a relationship if they're any indication. LOL.

Yeah, I know you keep saying that, but I was commenting on what we're being shown in the edit vs. what she's saying in interviews.

If it is Jordash as the final couple, I just hope they ride away into the sunset together and we don't have to hear much more from them.

Well, so far there really isn't anyone that I would say she truly has a slow burn with. So far with Ben, it's been no more than a couple of fleeting sparks.

As far as what Ash and JP have in common, they are both east coast city people, very well educated professionals, (we assume) not particularly religious, short of stature :giggle: , I'm not sure based on the little we know about any of them that there is somebody else there that is a much more obvious fit on paper, unless she really wants to marry another dentist. Yes, JP is a little older, but 6-7 years is not a problem if they are both in the same place in their lives. And again, just because the editors have only chosen to show us their physical chemistry, it doesn't mean that's all there is to their relationship.

The main question for me is whether the Bentley drama and fallout is enough of a reason why they have chosen not to go with a more traditional hidden F1 edit. Right now we have JP's edit and "we barely knew ye, everyone else's" edit. If it does end up being anyone besides JP, the editors really dropped the ball on this one, IMO.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:12 pm

@Alanna wrote:
@Alexxxx wrote:
@Scarletta wrote:One thing we have to keep in mind is that Ashley is all about physical chemistry & nothing but physical chemistry. That's why we have the Bentley problem.
Having things in common or enjoying each other's company means nothing to her. That's why she isn't giving a lot of really great guys a chance.
The only other person she's all over is JP. They barely have any other interaction except making out & wrapping all over each other. I don't think she knows a thing about him, but she's physically attracted to him & that's all she wants.
JP has got to be F1. He was probably her F2 from the beginning, but moved up by default.

Yes. And yet she wants us to believe she chose a slow burn over a quick spark. WTH?

Even if there is more to their relationship that's being cut out of the final edit, what we're being shown of Jordash is not a slow burn.

That's exactly what happened with Ali and Roberto. I was shocked those two knew each others names by HTD because all they did was makeout. But hey, looks like a sustainable way to have a relationship if they're any indication. LOL.

Yeah, I know you keep saying that, but I was commenting on what we're being shown in the edit vs. what she's saying in interviews.

If it is Jordash as the final couple, I just hope they ride away into the sunset together and we don't have to hear much more from them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:56 pm

Wasn't there speculation that Ali knew Roberto before her season started because he played baseball in her hometown one time.
There are always so many [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] theories floating around each season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Love_Me

Female Posts : 32811

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:One thing we have to keep in mind is that Ashley is all about physical chemistry & nothing but physical chemistry. That's why we have the Bentley problem.

Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:22 pm

@Scarletta wrote:One thing we have to keep in mind is that Ashley is all about physical chemistry & nothing but physical chemistry. That's why we have the Bentley problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarletta on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:18 pm

One thing we have to keep in mind is that Ashley is all about physical chemistry & nothing but physical chemistry. That's why we have the Bentley problem.

Scarletta

Female Posts : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:08 pm

The problem is that even if you see the love story (as some did with Brad/Chantal and Ali/Chris) it may just be smoke and mirrors, so that TPTB can hide the true F1. Now I'm not saying that JP isn't the F1 or that Ben F isn't the F2 or vice versa. I do believe that it pays to keep an open mind.

I think that line should be in everyones signatures.

As of now I have a very very confused yet open mind. Each episode I think, this one will clear things up and point me directly at the F1 and the F1 edit and then poof - they give me sqat.

But TA with Fleiss it is always a good idea to keep an open mind regarding the F1. Looking back I remember Vienna and Jesse were F1s so anything is possible.

nd4reality

Female Posts : 11637

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The problem I have with saying the chemistry edit is always F2 is that Roberto definitely got the chemistry edit, and he was not f2. I think one of the things to remember for Ashleys season is that she is saying that she wants someone that she has chemistry with. I think she has the most chemistry with JP at this point. At least Ben is finally on the radar. It will be interesting to watch how much air time these 2 guys get from here on out. They are definitely the only two that she is really interested in at this point.
ITA ~ Also, Roberto got the FIR, which is usually never the F1. I think the show has changed. MF and company know they have some intelligent viewers and folks on mb's are picking up and anaylzing the edit. So he changes it up. IF JP is F1, he has changed it up to allow us to see the love story even more than he did with Roberto. I think that's because Roberto did get the FIR and it was obvious he was F1, the minute Ali met him, so they tried to hide it a little. And with the Bentley drama, maybe he's letting viewers see how JP and Ashely fit so well together as the Bentley antidote, so they stay tuned. no idea

Funny thing is that season after season, many viewers complain that they never see a love story with the lead/F1. To me the love story is right in front of us with Ashley and JP. Unfortunately we have to put up with all the Bentley drama along with it. Rolling Eyes

The problem is that even if you see the love story (as some did with Brad/Chantal and Ali/Chris) it may just be smoke and mirrors, so that TPTB can hide the true F1. Now I'm not saying that JP isn't the F1 or that Ben F isn't the F2 or vice versa. I do believe that it pays to keep an open mind.

gurlbrit

Female Posts : 2989

Back to top Go down

Post by philphan on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The problem I have with saying the chemistry edit is always F2 is that Roberto definitely got the chemistry edit, and he was not f2. I think one of the things to remember for Ashleys season is that she is saying that she wants someone that she has chemistry with. I think she has the most chemistry with JP at this point. At least Ben is finally on the radar. It will be interesting to watch how much air time these 2 guys get from here on out. They are definitely the only two that she is really interested in at this point.
ITA ~ Also, Roberto got the FIR, which is usually never the F1. I think the show has changed. MF and company know they have some intelligent viewers and folks on mb's are picking up and anaylzing the edit. So he changes it up. IF JP is F1, he has changed it up to allow us to see the love story even more than he did with Roberto. I think that's because Roberto did get the FIR and it was obvious he was F1, the minute Ali met him, so they tried to hide it a little. And with the Bentley drama, maybe he's letting viewers see how JP and Ashely fit so well together as the Bentley antidote, so they stay tuned. no idea

Funny thing is that season after season, many viewers complain that they never see a love story with the lead/F1. To me the love story is right in front of us with Ashley and JP. Unfortunately we have to put up with all the Bentley drama along with it. Rolling Eyes

philphan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:52 pm

@happyvalleygirl wrote:The problem I have with saying the chemistry edit is always F2 is that Roberto definitely got the chemistry edit, and he was not f2. I think one of the things to remember for Ashleys season is that she is saying that she wants someone that she has chemistry with. I think she has the most chemistry with JP at this point. At least Ben is finally on the radar. It will be interesting to watch how much air time these 2 guys get from here on out. They are definitely the only two that she is really interested in at this point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:17 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 46 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum