SELECT CONTENT

Labour of Love - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Labour of Love - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  Empty Labour of Love - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Mon May 25, 2020 8:43 pm

Labor of Love: the baby-making reality show you won't believe

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/may/21/labor-of-love-kristin-davis-fox

Bobette wrote:WOW.   dizzy

15 men compete to impregnate a 41-year-old woman in new reality series

Labour of Love - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  EFpUQuY

More than a dozen eligible men are vying for the chance to impregnate a 41-year-old divorcee whose biological clock is ticking on Fox's new reality series Labor of Love.

Hosted by Sex and the City alum Kristin Davis, the show follows Kristy Katzmann as she searches for love and, more importantly, the father of her potential child. After years of putting her career first, Katzmann said the timing couldn't have been better for the series, which premieres on Thursday.

'I had just turned 40 at the time and I had just gotten out of a relationship. I was trying to navigate dating, knowing that I still wanted to start a family and that time was definitely not on my side,' she told Fox News. 'I think it's a really incredible story that a lot of women will be able to relate to.'

While Labor of Love has taken on a number of dating show tropes —  attractive suitors, competitions, romantic outings, and appearances from parents — the stakes are undoubtedly higher because the end goal is a real-life baby.  

The show's premiere starts off with a bang in the form of a sperm donation. Waiters appear with specimen cups on their trays as Davis tells the men they will each have to have their sperm analyzed for fertility if they want to continue on with the show.

Lauren Girion, an executive producer on the show, told TVLine that the men didn't know about the donation until Davis announced it.

'They rolled with it,' she said, laughing.

Source

Sprite wrote: no no Like she just couldn't have gone to a sperm bank. Much easier and you don't have to worry about things not working out with some dude you've know, well, basically for a few hours.

suzq wrote:Kristy, the lead in Labor of Love was actually a contestant on Brad Womack's 2007 season, too.

LoveDovez wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:What the........!!!!!  :crazed I'm so glad I was able to live and enjoy the 70's 80's and not worry about that crap and other things going on!! laugh out loud That is outright nuts!

The bold! :thud

I think I've seen everything now. laugh out loud

GuardianAngel wrote:@suzq thanks for that bit of trivia.

This was filmed early last year.

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/a32616329/labor-of-love-kristy-katzmann/

IG

https://www.instagram.com/kristykatzmann/?hl=en

albean99 wrote:Yikes! Not interested. hmmm

suzq wrote:The host of Labor of Love show is actress Kristin Davis who played the character of Charlotte on Sex and the City.  That actually made me want to give the show a try more than anything else.

leavers wrote:
Bobette wrote:WOW.   dizzy

15 men compete to impregnate a 41-year-old woman in new reality series

More than a dozen eligible men are vying for the chance to impregnate a 41-year-old divorcee whose biological clock is ticking on Fox's new reality series Labor of Love.

Hosted by Sex and the City alum Kristin Davis, the show follows Kristy Katzmann as she searches for love and, more importantly, the father of her potential child. After years of putting her career first, Katzmann said the timing couldn't have been better for the series, which premieres on Thursday.

'I had just turned 40 at the time and I had just gotten out of a relationship. I was trying to navigate dating, knowing that I still wanted to start a family and that time was definitely not on my side,' she told Fox News. 'I think it's a really incredible story that a lot of women will be able to relate to.'

While Labor of Love has taken on a number of dating show tropes —  attractive suitors, competitions, romantic outings, and appearances from parents — the stakes are undoubtedly higher because the end goal is a real-life baby.  

The show's premiere starts off with a bang in the form of a sperm donation. Waiters appear with specimen cups on their trays as Davis tells the men they will each have to have their sperm analyzed for fertility if they want to continue on with the show.

Lauren Girion, an executive producer on the show, told TVLine that the men didn't know about the donation until Davis announced it.

'They rolled with it,' she said, laughing.

snipped for brevity

If this came out on April 1 I'd be like "wow haha that's actually a cool April Fool's". The fact that it's serious is affraid

Bobette wrote:
leavers wrote:If this came out on April 1 I'd be like "wow haha that's actually a cool April Fool's". The fact that it's serious is affraid

I have zero issues with women having children solo but doing so on national TV will set the tone for the kids' whole life and makes me question how seriously this woman is taking her future role as a mother/nurturer/protector (...but if there's a way to watch this mess in AU you better believe I'll be tuning in.  laugh out loud )

@quick_dry is this something that would be of interest to you? :halo:

Linds911 wrote:Now I am all for crazy relationship shows ala Bachelor/ette, 90 Day Fiance, Married At First Sight, e.t.c. but this is just weird. speechless Like so she finds a man and then do they date and she uses his 'stuff' to make a kid? Like what if they don't actually get married/last how is she going to explain all of that to the kid? laugh out loud

Bobette wrote:@Linds911 She won't have to explain - just stream the show on repeat to an LCD screen mounted above the crib and let the kid watch their father compete on a B-grade TV show for the prize of impregnating their mother.  Not weird at all.   Labour of Love - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  3806527698

leavers wrote:Right, exactly - I have no issues at all with deliberate single parenting, but that's why sperm banks exist. What about the actual child that might result? This is the start of their life story? I'm just less cool with a person's whole life starting with a super trashy tv show.

Bobette wrote:Labor of Love ep 1 has been uploaded to the archive here:

https://bachelorarchive.com/18931/labor-of-love-s01e01/

thumbsup

ETA:  OK I watched it.  Still find it hard to believe this is actually a show.  laugh out loud  

Observations:

Kristy looks like a gene-spliced clone of Lauren Graham and Marisa Tomei.

Labour of Love - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  TxSvNSG

While Kristen Davis has had so much work done her top lip doesn't move, which I found distracting...

Labour of Love - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  Is97B2O

But this scene certainly got my attention.   cantstopl  

Labour of Love - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  D4uenha

Don't agree with the eliminations (seriously, the drunk guy?).  She seems to have a type - my money's on the doctor.

Source: Episode 1

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Labour of Love - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  Empty Re: Labour of Love - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by just me Tue May 26, 2020 1:59 pm

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2020/05/9822550/labor-of-love-cast-men-ages-instagrams                                                                                                

This gives a list of the men on the show. I have not found yet when the show was made. Obviously it was before the world shut down. So I was wondering why it did not surface till now and did the producers of the Bachelor film it?
just me
just me

Female Posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Labour of Love - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  Empty Re: Labour of Love - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Jolena Tue May 26, 2020 4:38 pm

IF they can find age appropriate guys for this show then I'm sure they can find the same for Claire. Unless that is if Claire is into much younger men and requested younger ones IDK but Some of these guys on this show IMO would be a better fit for Claire to explore for a potential love match. JMO
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Tue May 26, 2020 5:34 pm

This show filmed in early 2019. Why are so many of these shows airing so much later than they are filmed?

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Tue May 26, 2020 10:15 pm

Thanks to this show I can now say I've seen everything on TV. LOL
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by just me Wed May 27, 2020 12:51 pm

suzq wrote:This show filmed in early 2019.  Why are so many of these shows airing so much later than they are filmed?  
                              I am concerned that by the end of the show we will realize why they did not show it earlier. They may have needed something to fill in the time because of not being able to film during the shutdown.
just me
just me

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Wed May 27, 2020 8:10 pm

@just me I wondered that myself. A lot can change I'm almost a year and a half. Networks must scrambling for content now.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Thu May 28, 2020 12:42 am

just me wrote:
suzq wrote:This show filmed in early 2019.  Why are so many of these shows airing so much later than they are filmed?  
                              I am concerned that by the end of the show we will realize why they did not show it earlier. They may have needed something to fill in the time because of not being able to film during the shutdown.

Same. Although there was a huge length of time between filming Love is Blind and its release, and that was a massive success. So you never know.

that said... omg, watched the first episode... I just felt sad, I didn't like the show's energy at all, just bad vibes all around. no no

It feels like The Bachelorette, but make it desperate and depressing instead of light entertainment. I think maybe I understand why the Bachelor franchise sticks with people in their 20s. The stakes are lower. If it works, cool. If it doesn't, also cool. At this point we know it's not really about marriage, it's the cherry on top when it makes it to that stage. But this? With everyone being "I'm 40 and want to have a family like right NOW"? Idk, it made me deeply uncomfortable. I have huge sympathy for people who have gotten to that age (my own age) and haven't found 'the one' or had kids or whatever (assuming that's what they want). Maybe that's why I felt like it was all a bit sad.  It felt exploitative, or something, to me. no idea  

It makes me have deep thoughts about the potential success or lack thereof of Clare's season tbh.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu May 28, 2020 12:30 pm

leavers wrote:
just me wrote:

Same. Although there was a huge length of time between filming Love is Blind and its release, and that was a massive success. So you never know.

that said... omg, watched the first episode... I just felt sad, I didn't like the show's energy at all, just bad vibes all around. no no

It feels like The Bachelorette, but make it desperate and depressing instead of light entertainment. I think maybe I understand why the Bachelor franchise sticks with people in their 20s. The stakes are lower. If it works, cool. If it doesn't, also cool. At this point we know it's not really about marriage, it's the cherry on top when it makes it to that stage. But this? With everyone being "I'm 40 and want to have a family like right NOW"? Idk, it made me deeply uncomfortable. I have huge sympathy for people who have gotten to that age (my own age) and haven't found 'the one' or had kids or whatever (assuming that's what they want). Maybe that's why I felt like it was all a bit sad.  It felt exploitative, or something, to me. no idea  

It makes me have deep thoughts about the potential success or lack thereof of Clare's season tbh.

I have never thought that Clare's season will be successful. IMO between the cast, Clare and the way the show works, the best she can hope for is not to embarrass herself too much. I suspect by the end of it, that raccoon will be looking good.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by just me Fri May 29, 2020 12:37 am

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2020/05/labor-of-love-winner-final-4-spoilers/                                                                                                                          
This is an article speculating on the final four. It is interesting because it reveals a little more on these 4 guys. I am thinking she is not now with anyone but sure hope I am wrong.
just me
just me

Back to top Go down

Post by Relalou Fri May 29, 2020 9:44 pm

Well as cringeworthy as the concept of this show is, I gave it a try! Sperm specimens first episode almost did me in! However, I do think there are some genuine guys there and it makes a change to have a more mature group. I don't think many of the men are in this to up their social media influence (in fact I wonder if many of them are more worried by, rather than looking forward to, "celebrity") - and that is a welcome change!
Kristy's path isn't for most, but she seems pretty upfront about her goals and with a good sense of self (so far) so who knows! I'm going to keep watching.

Relalou

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat May 30, 2020 12:28 am

just me wrote:https://heavy.com/entertainment/2020/05/labor-of-love-winner-final-4-spoilers/                                                                                                                          
This is an article speculating on the final four. It is interesting because it reveals a little more on these 4 guys. I am thinking she is not now with anyone but sure hope I am wrong.

Labour of Love - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  Hx1pQ6Y

Source

If she does pick Marcus I would just like to point out that I called it from ep 1. laugh out loud  The rest of that final four looks like Producers Picks to satisfy various agendas IMO - I don't think she's into any of the other three.

That said, I can't imagine a DOCTOR would be stupid enough to actually commit his genetic material to this process, so I wouldn't be surprised if he backed out before the deed was done and she ended up single.  

Although... the massive delay between filming and airing would allow time for Kristy to come trotting out with a preggo belly (or newborn) at a live reunion episode so maybe they're going for a mic-drop final episode.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Labour of Love - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+15
Buckeye_Fan
beautifulxendings
albean99
timfan
notarose